Mixing for a pod

Rey_Rey

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys,

Got some Smok Nord 2 devices here and managed to get salt nic.
I need advice on how to mix for the MTL coils, please.

I normally mix at 70/30 so I just wanna find out if I go the 60/40 or 50/50 route. Would i keep my flavour % the same or won't this be affected?

I go 55/45 for mtl these days.
And I up the flavour by about 30%.
Works well for me.

I've been mixing a bit for pod now, 60 40 and the flavor is actually much better I spose that is because pg is a far better flavor carrier, but if you're used to high powered coils like myself you will want to up the flavor percentage as well because the low wattage doesn't pull it all out

I go 55/45 for mtl these days.
And I up the flavour by about 30%.
Works well for me.
Thanks, do you use freebase or salt nic?
If freebase what would you suggest the highest nic level I go to? I have Scrawny 100mg.

I've been mixing a bit for pod now, 60 40 and the flavor is actually much better I spose that is because pg is a far better flavor carrier, but if you're used to high powered coils like myself you will want to up the flavor percentage as well because the low wattage doesn't pull it all out
I will do testers with normal % and an increased.
Thank you!

Thanks, do you use freebase or salt nic?
If freebase what would you suggest the highest nic level I go to? I have Scrawny 100mg.

I'm confortable with a 9 or 10mg most of the time.
With 100mg with you can probably go alot higher.
Using 36mg PG nic has a limitation as by adding extra flavour (also PG) there's only so much nic you can add without ending up with more PG than VG in your juice.

How do you guys test your mixes? I've also got a Nord, but I can see me going through a lot of coils until I get a recipe right.

Sent from my STK-L21 using Tapatalk

How do you guys test your mixes? I've also got a Nord, but I can see me going through a lot of coils until I get a recipe right.

This is why I love my RDA's.

This is why I love my RDA's.
Yeah me too. I might get a drip tip for quick testing, but RDAs definitely my favourite.

I have to admit that using a scale makes making testers so much easier, you can make up straight into a 10 ml bottle without waste. It usually takes that 10 ml to see if I like or not.

I also find that some DIY is much better in other devices. My Orange custard is brilliant on my Squonk and Vapefly mesh RDTA. Not so good on the tanks. My ADV is great in the tanks and subconsciously I probably mix this with tanks in mind. It is very strong in my Recurve dual but an ADV in the tanks. My Banana session juice rocks in the Nano wasp but is muted in a tank.

This leads me to mix for certain devices and coils setups and I find that I cannot do a one fits all. My mixes divide between my ADV juice and my session juices

I even get a difference for example when I fit an 18650 in the EHPRO semi mech or use a 20700 with the same tank and coil. Same ADV in my Blitzen is different to my Blotto.

My wife who does not smoke or vape is asked occasionally to test my mixes, she says she cant taste the difference between to two tanks.

Vaping is so subjective.

I have to admit that using a scale makes making testers so much easier, you can make up straight into a 10 ml bottle without waste. It usually takes that 10 ml to see if I like or not.

I also find that some DIY is much better in other devices. My Orange custard is brilliant on my Squonk and Vapefly mesh RDTA. Not so good on the tanks. My ADV is great in the tanks and subconsciously I probably mix this with tanks in mind. It is very strong in my Recurve dual but an ADV in the tanks. My Banana session juice rocks in the Nano wasp but is muted in a tank.

This leads me to mix for certain devices and coils setups and I find that I cannot do a one fits all. My mixes divide between my ADV juice and my session juices

I even get a difference for example when I fit an 18650 in the EHPRO semi mech or use a 20700 with the same tank and coil. Same ADV in my Blitzen is different to my Blotto.

My wife who does not smoke or vape is asked occasionally to test my mixes, she says she cant taste the difference between to two tanks.

Vaping is so subjective.
I definitely prefer a scale over measuring drops or MLs. I've stuck to 30ml mixes but will give 15ml a try.

15ml is hard to shake just if you hadn't thought of that :)
Oh thanks hahahha - 30ml is already a mission

I'm also wondering how accurate the ratios will be if I'm mixing such small quantities. 30ml seems to be a good balance.

Yeah me too. I might get a drip tip for quick testing, but RDAs definitely my favourite.

What about the beserker MTL RDA? That way you just change your cotton without having to care much for cleaning out a tank, like the RTA version

My mix:
30ml salts VG base (30%)
30ml flavour (30%)
20ml VG (20%)
20ml PG (20%)

Makes 100ml. Always 5050. I'd rather have more PG than VG. So I'd swing toward 45vg 55pg over the inverse.

Never more than 2 flavours at a time.
I don't touch dessert flavours either.

If you know the flavours you're mixing you can't go wrong.

I've used the same recipe for a Twisp cubano clone that came out incredible. That one however broke the 2 flavour max rule. But the two flavour rule is strictly for fruits. I find adding more than 2 fruits will yield a completely new flavour and then I find it hard to pin down the flavours that I enjoy.

I'm doing a 20ml watermelon candy / 5ml blueberry candy next. I'm looking forward to that!

My mix:
30ml salts VG base (30%)
30ml flavour (30%)
20ml VG (20%)
20ml PG (20%)

Makes 100ml. Always 5050. I'd rather have more PG than VG. So I'd swing toward 45vg 55pg over the inverse.

Never more than 2 flavours at a time.
I don't touch dessert flavours either.

If you know the flavours you're mixing you can't go wrong.

I've used the same recipe for a Twisp cubano clone that came out incredible. That one however broke the 2 flavour max rule. But the two flavour rule is strictly for fruits. I find adding more than 2 fruits will yield a completely new flavour and then I find it hard to pin down the flavours that I enjoy.

I'm doing a 20ml watermelon candy / 5ml blueberry candy next. I'm looking forward to that!
Twisp Cubano Clone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! @MrGSmokeFree did you know about this????

Twisp Cubano Clone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! @MrGSmokeFree did you know about this????

Hangsen RY4 @ 8%
TFA Cubano @ 18%
TFA espresso @ 4%

I wouldn't say it's perfect but it's the closest I've come and my father who only vapes Cubano said he had no issues switching to it when the draught happened and now with the price comparison is more than happy to stick with it permanently.

Hangsen RY4 @ 8%
TFA Cubano @ 18%
TFA espresso @ 4%

I wouldn't say it's perfect but it's the closest I've come and my father who only vapes Cubano said he had no issues switching to it when the draught happened and now with the price comparison is more than happy to stick with it permanently.

Definitely going to give this a go, just have Rule#1 on the espresso. Now if only you had a Twisp Tobacco #1 clone... :nerd:

Hangsen RY4 @ 8%
TFA Cubano @ 18%
TFA espresso @ 4%

Thank you for this @Chickenstrip , I also used to vape just Cubano till the lockdown. Will give it a shot.

Hangsen RY4 @ 8%
TFA Cubano @ 18%
TFA espresso @ 4%

@GSM500

Back