Mixing help

Jean claude Vaaldamme

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok so today I tried my first mix. Just for info. I did not use a recipe. Most of the juices I bought was very nice when you try it in store but after 20min of vaping they were a bit overwhelming. So my own first mix I tried a bit less concentrates(think) about 8%. It stood/steeped now for about 3days

So here is the problem. Something taste funny. Almost like old sunflower oil. Not overpowering, just in the background. Dont think it can be the concentrates. So is that how Vg or Pg taste and maybe I just need more concentrate to cover that taste? Can the Vg/Pg be old stock they sold me? Any other possible causes?

Ok so today I tried my first mix. Just for info. I did not use a recipe. Most of the juices I bought was very nice when you try it in store but after 20min of vaping they were a bit overwhelming. So my own first mix I tried a bit less concentrates(think) about 8%. It stood/steeped now for about 3days

So here is the problem. Something taste funny. Almost like old sunflower oil. Now overpowering, just in the background. Dont think it can be the concentrates. So is that how Vg or Pg taste and maybe I just need more concentrate to cover that taste? Can the Vg/Pg be old stock they sold me? Any other possible causes?

What concentrates and brand of nic did you use?

Usa cola, cold pressed lime and cherry crush, all FA maybe one was tfa
Nic was scrawny gecko VG
The base was a premix 70/30

I recall some people say they get a chemical like taste from scrawny from 6mg and up. I use mine at 3 mg and its fine.

8% for concentrates is also high.

FA USA Pleasure Cola I would start at 5% single flavour
FA CP Lime should be very low. If you have to single flavour 1%. Otherwise 0.5% in mixes.
FW Cherry Crush is also recommended for 4% single flavour, 2%with mixes.

I recall some people say they get a chemical like taste from scrawny from 6mg and up. I use mine at 3 mg and its fine.

8% for concentrates is also high.

FA USA Pleasure Cola I would start at 5% single flavour
FA CP Lime should be very low. If you have to single flavour 1%. Otherwise 0.5% in mixes.
FW Cherry Crush is also recommended for 4% single flavour, 2%with mixes.

Thanks. Not really a chemical taste, just a bit like sunflower oil in the background. Dont even get much of throut hit with the nic
Screenshot_2018-11-12-11-37-58.jpeg

That recipe looks good. The lime maybe down to 0.5% and add either 0.5% WS23 or 1% Koolada for cooling and it should be good.

The oil flavour could also be a bit of dirt in the mod.
Thanks, funny thing is I almost dont taste any lime or cherry, just the cola.
I did change the wick before I filled tank, but I have now filled tank with bought juice and no oil taste

Thanks, funny thing is I almost dont taste any lime or cherry, just the cola.
I did change the wick before I filled tank, but I have now filled tank with bought juice and no oil taste

The Cola flavour does fade a bit after a few days. Give it a week and it will be good.

I don't even know if one can shake VG. It would be like shaking syrup. You can move it around in the bottle but I'm not sure that qualifies as shaking. Still, moving it around in the bottle seems to suffice, I haven't had hot spot problems with VG nic.

I don't even know if one can shake VG. It would be like shaking syrup. You can move it around in the bottle but I'm not sure that qualifies as shaking. Still, moving it around in the bottle seems to suffice, I haven't had hot spot problems with VG nic.
With the temps we have now you might just be able to shake it...

Go through a process of elimination. Make a 10ml (maybe even 5ml) of the recipe leaving out one ingredient every time, i.e. make one with the Cola, lime, nic and base, another with the cola, cherry, nic and base, then another with the lime and cherry, nic and base then a last one leaving the nic out. If all of those still give you the same taste, then it's in the base. It's going to be a pain in the #$@% but better to know now than have your DIY journey spoiled so early on

Ok think I maybe found the problem(sort of)
The cola has this after taste like old diet coke. I tried another similar mix I did the other day with cola, brandy, lime and honey. They honey made it a bit sweeter so it was better but still a bit of that funy old sunflower oil taste.
So I just made a quick 10ml mix without any of previous concentrates. Ok so no steeping and so far I dont get any of that funny taste. Will leave the rest till tomorrow and try again. If I can>:), because man I think I just mixed a winner, Wicks, spearmint and Polar blast

So prelimanary I think its one of the three other concentrates, and I think its that Usa pleasure cola

Quick qeustion. Can you use juice straight after you mixed it? I ran it for 30s under hot tap water and shake for 2min. Its really good and the only others I have now is the two failed cola mixes, and two taboccos that still have to steep a week or two. Going to mix another 100ml quickly for weekend. But can you use the mix straight after mixing or is it unhealthy?

Quick qeustion. Can you use juice straight after you mixed it? I ran it for 30s under hot tap water and shake for 2min. Its really good and the only others I have now is the two failed cola mixes, and two taboccos that still have to steep a week or two. Going to mix another 100ml quickly for weekend. But can you use the mix straight after mixing or is it unhealthy?

yes you can

Not unhealthy, just not as good as it would be if you left it to steep for a while

Not unhealthy, just not as good as it would be if you left it to steep for a while
Thanks, another question. When it steeps will it normally get sweeter or less sweet? Im not a big sweet tooth, so was thinking of making it a small bit less sweet, next mix.

If you added sweetener it will get sweeter the longer you let it stand, up to a point of course. If not, it may get slightly sweeter but not much, depends on the ingredients you used and how much natural sweetness there is in them. The more the juice homogenizes, the more the different aspects of each flavour will come to front. But in both cases I am not talking about (if one was to classify it in levels) Level 3 to Level 6 sweetness increase, more like a L3 - L4 (with sweetener) and L3 - L3.5 (without). Not an exact science though as it is very dependant on the flavours used.

Ok update. So my new found wonderful juice did not turn out that wonderfull. Few hits wonderfull and then againthe sunflower oil taste. So I came to the conclusion that I did not mix/shake the whole mix enough. So now I took out the 60ml I mixed this afternoon, poured it into wineglass and mixed it with these little machines that spin a million revs, that you use for cappachinos etc. And put back in bottle.

Eish so here is the next problem. Now the flavour is constant, the oil taste gone, but now I have that chemical taste someone mentioned above. So should I bin the Scrawny gecko and get other nic, or will the chemical taste go away after a few days of steeping?

Ok update. So my new found wonderful juice did not turn out that wonderfull. Few hits wonderfull and then againthe sunflower oil taste. So I came to the conclusion that I did not mix/shake the whole mix enough. So now I took out the 60ml I mixed this afternoon, poured it into wineglass and mixed it with these little machines that spin a million revs, that you use for cappachinos etc. And put back in bottle.

Eish so here is the next problem. Now the flavour is constant, the oil taste gone, but now I have that chemical taste someone mentioned above. So should I bin the Scrawny gecko and get other nic, or will the chemical taste go away after a few days of steeping?
Chemical taste goes away. I use just Scrawny Nicotine.

Back