Mixing help

Chemical taste could go away with a steep..I got the chemical taste from a store bought cherry cola I bought once. Lime I see @Adephi says 0.5%to 1% that means it could also give you that chemical taste even if you go slightly higher.
With a nicotine that doesn't 'agree' with you, you get that harsh/scratchy throat hit. I got it from scrawny and gold.
Don't know how to get rid of that, accept for mixing lower percentages

I think @ivc_mixer suggestions will be your best bet.. go through a process of elimination.
Don't give up hope. You WILL get it right

Ok update. So my new found wonderful juice did not turn out that wonderfull. Few hits wonderfull and then againthe sunflower oil taste. So I came to the conclusion that I did not mix/shake the whole mix enough. So now I took out the 60ml I mixed this afternoon, poured it into wineglass and mixed it with these little machines that spin a million revs, that you use for cappachinos etc. And put back in bottle.

Eish so here is the next problem. Now the flavour is constant, the oil taste gone, but now I have that chemical taste someone mentioned above. So should I bin the Scrawny gecko and get other nic, or will the chemical taste go away after a few days of steeping?

you have to be more patient unfortunately, this is the pain about steeping, testing the juice every day isnt gonna help, give it chance

Thanks for all the help. Yes I think time is the answer, allready taste better this morning. Not right yet,but better. No throat hit really, think due to vg nic, nic is 6mg

you have to be more patient unfortunately, this is the pain about steeping, testing the juice every day isnt gonna help, give it chance
Nothing beats time for getting a juice to shine.

Another thing. All the juice I ever bought was yellow or light brown. How long does it take for diy juice to turn colour. I know its about oxidation and that stuff, also sunlight. But if you keep it in a cupboard how long will it take more or less, or does diy stay transparent?

Another thing. All the juice I ever bought was yellow or light brown. How long does it take for diy juice to turn colour. I know its about oxidation and that stuff, also sunlight. But if you keep it in a cupboard how long will it take more or less, or does diy stay transparent?
The more Nic the darker a juice will turn but also depends on the juice.

Some fruits are clear and don’t change ever, desserts go darker and ry4’s can go dark as well depending on which one you use.

I mixed a mango juice a few weeks back. Was clear for a week and now has turned a golden colour

Ok so I need some help again. Firstly I struggle sometimes with the cheap R100 scale I got from vapehyper(only one they had). If I put a say 30ml glass bottle on it to mix in, it seems not to register the small amounts of comcentrate that I start the mix with. Im talking now like even 1-2g not 0.1. But as soon as I use a plastic lighter bottle it seems to work fine.

Anyway today went to westpac to get some bigger glass bottles to steep in. So them was looking for a mixing beaker. They did not have glass and because of sclale and glass bottle not working lekker, I got a nice small plastic 300ml measeuring cup thingy that will fit nice on the small scale to mix in.

Anyway, so I mix everything 200ml, stirr it a bit and pour over to glass bottle, shake and go put in cupboard. So now I dont go wash anything, still deciding if I will mix another bottle. So after 20min decide to go wash, for next mix. And then this is how my plastic mixer cup looks like. Its very sticky, can scratch off with nail, but cant clean with hot water and soap. It did not lok like that when I poured content into glass bottle.
So now, is it just the juice residue? Or can the nic have melted the plastic? Should I throw my 200ml juice away?
IMG_20181118_145558.jpg

It could be one of the flavours that did that. Some concentrates will melt hard plastic although, strangely, they don't have the same effect on soft plastics like HDPE.

It could be one of the flavours that did that. Some concentrates will melt hard plastic although, strangely, they don't have the same effect on soft plastics like HDPE.
Thanks, you think I must throw mix away? The cup was still transparent when pouring over to glass bottle

No, the mix should be fine. Concentrates have always done that, they used to crack plastic tanks regularly in the days before glass became the norm. As long as you didn't leave it in the hard plastic for a long time, it shouldn't have leeched into the juice.

No, the mix should be fine. Concentrates have always done that, they used to crack plastic tanks regularly in the days before glass became the norm. As long as you didn't leave it in the hard plastic for a long time, it shouldn't have leeched into the juice.

Thanks, was just scared Im going to skip popcorn lungs and go straight to plastic poisoning/cancer:giggle:

I always mix directly into the final container. Don't really see the point of having to mix in a beaker unless the quantity exceeds the final bottle volume.

Back