Mixing with pipette help (asseblief tog)

Would you say that all concentrates weigh the same roughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW, there is a general consensus among most DIY pros on Reddit, DIYorDIE or DIY forums to assume 1.0 g/ml for all PG-based concentrates, even though this isn't true. The reasoning is that, if taste is the final measure, it doesn't matter significantly what the actual specific gravity is of each concentrate. In other words, if someone presents a new recipe, and worked with 1.0 g/ml for all his concentrates, the reported %'s effectively takes into account the difference in actual specific gravity, and anybody can mix it accordingly without needing a table of each concentrate's specific gravity. For instance, let's say skiddzninja posts a new recipe reports 5% for Vienna cream at 1.0 g/ml (in other words, 0.5 ml or 0.5 g for 10 ml juice). The actual specific gravity might be closer to 1.1 g/ml, so in reality his 0.5 g of vienna cream is actually only 0.45 ml, or 4.5 %. But since he tasted his juice and (working with 1.0 g/ml) settled on a specific amount of Vienna Cream which is perfect for the juice, he could report it either as 5 % (at 1.0 g/ml) or 4.5 % (at 1.1 g/ml). It gives the same result, but the former is just so much easier to use, especially when sharing recipes.

That said, as a chemist, this approach used to annoy the living crap out of me, since it means that the sum of your component volumes do not add up to your total volume (ie, for the previous example, 5 % Vienna Cream @ 1.0 g/ml and 95% PG @ 1.038 g/ml will give 9.95 ml instead of 10 ml when the correct specific gravity is used). However, the differences between the actual specific gravity and the assumed 1.0 g/ml of each concentrate is generally really small ( in the range of 0.95 to 1.05, I would guess), and it is really just much, much easier to assume 1.0 g/ml for each PG-based concentrate, and I pretty much just started to Dr Strangelove and love the bomb. The difference between PG and VG does become significant though.

You can always measure the specific gravity for each of your owned concentrates though, and is something I always say I will get to but never do.

This is why I don't worry about exact weighing when mixing. People freak out because they added 1.54g of a flavour instead of the 1.49g that the recipe calculator specified. The calculator is in any case an approximation unless you have the exact specific gravity of that flavourant. So why fret over a tiny difference?

This is why I don't worry about exact weighing when mixing. People freak out because they added 1.54g of a flavour instead of the 1.49g that the recipe calculator specified. The calculator is in any case an approximation unless you have the exact specific gravity of that flavourant. So why fret over a tiny difference?

Because

38097c4b-3f2b-454d-87e6-9d0b7fefc831.jpg

It's bad man, it's bad.

That said, most people start to DIY using very small batches (5 ml to 10 ml), and then small mistakes (too little or too much) can sometimes be significant. (On the other hand, big mistakes on big batches also occur... like the way I mixed 50 ml yesterday using Nic-in-VG instead of plain VG... there was Silvering followed by crying).

Because

It's bad man, it's bad.

That said, most people start to DIY using very small batches (5 ml to 10 ml), and then small mistakes (too little or too much) can sometimes be significant. (On the other hand, big mistakes on big batches also occur... like the way I mixed 50 ml yesterday using Nic-in-VG instead of plain VG... there was Silvering followed by crying).

OMG I'm dying here. Whoever paved like that deserves to knock their shins on every piece of furniture they walk by.

One thing I can be sure of, whoever did that paving is on the bank's list of approved contractors for home insurance claims.

Ezekiel, that juice sounds excellent for late night sessions of watching Sharknado on DSTV. With a juice like that and several glasses of Chateau Cardboard, I could totally get into that movie.

That
Because

It's bad man, it's bad.

That must have been an expensive batch.

Im between 1 and 2 mg... so yeah, that was basically 32 mg. I ended up scaling up so as not to waste, so I have a massive supply of @Andre Mango Crack which he posted a few days ago. Luckily that juice rocks so all good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back