More discussion on clones

Ok guys this is my last post
Due to administrative differences between me and the powers that be i have requested that they delete my account with immediate effect as i want no further part of this forum going forward.

seriously ?

now who's gonna post awesome song of the day shit ?

Due to administrative differences between me and the powers that be i have requested that they delete my account with immediate effect as i want no further part of this forum going forward.
No Boet no! I'd love for us to cross swords and debate the issues of the day till the cows come home. That is what this forum is all about. We can disagree but still be palls no matter what.

Regards

We tried bruv, we tried........

See you on the other side.....

Cant we all just sit around a fire and sing kumbaya

Come on guys. This tread started as a good discussion and ended up as a parliament session. Im actually embarrassed to see the shit flinging going on here.

If you take cars, some people will buy a bmw over a ford because they have the money and they want the brand. There is NOTHING wrong about that. If you worked hard for your cash, use it as you please. Its your choice.

On the other side of the coin, most of us here cant afford HE, myself included. And thats also perfect. Its what makes you happy, whether it be clone hardware or not

This thread is starting to sound like a bunch of old grannies nagging about crap because their nappies are full. Come on, we are adults here. And all of us are here for one cause. To stay away from stinkies. Thats it.

If this childish bickering doesnt stop, then im sad to say that the forum is not what its used to be, and ill have to close my account. I come to this forum to connect to fellow vapers, irrespective of what device you use.

Im out.

Last edited:

Long live @BioHAZarD.... ur presence and input on this forum will surely be missed. Sad to see u go ...

images.jpg images (1).jpg

@Resistance
@jm10
@KZOR
@lesvaches
@MrGSmokeFree

We don't want to waste our time typing something we feel strongly about that might get deleted again.

Just for the record -

nothing on this thread was deleted that related to the topic at hand or was something that a member felt strongly about on this issue

The only posts that were removed were off topic posts that had nothing to do with the topic - or posts that were personal and potentially offensive. (After we had posted to this effect asking folk to keep it respectful and on topic.)

I can assure you we have tried our best to keep this thread going with valid commentary on the topic from all sides.

We don't want to waste our time typing something we feel strongly about that might get deleted again.
And that is my main reason for not being as active anymore.
This forum is, at times, run with an unhealthy iron fist ..... my opinion.
This had led to a divide months ago which is truly unfortunate as it once thrived with activity.
That, even if it is factual, which could slightly tarnish someone in their camp is quickly swept under the rug.
@BioHAZarD ...... if you're account get's deleted then it will truly be a very sad day for this forum.
You have been a SENSIBLE and valuable contributor to this forum for a very long time.

I was actually hoping some of the ncz pro party/movement state their case a but, its only @Rob Fisher and @Silver and say one or two others that responded.
We all know @Rob Fisher was always against clones so I did'nt count his vote.Its was always +1.
So where is the other activists eg.vendors,reviewers etc.
My point is why make a big thing if you have nothing to say.
And this makes me wonder if they are shy to acknwolledge they have switched opinions and the reason real behind it.

I was actually hoping some of the ncz pro party/movement state their case a but, its only @Rob Fisher and @Silver and say one or two others that responded.
We all know @Rob Fisher was always against clones so I did'nt count his vote.Its was always +1.
And this makes me wonder if they are shy to acknwolledge they have switched opinions and the reason real behind it.

dude, I will buy a clone knowing that it's wrong, ok

(because it's my choice, my choice, but still wrong)

I can’t speak for others, I can only comment from my perspective. I support the NCZ initiative because I believe in the principle behind it - the IP belongs to someone else and I want to try to respect that. It is a choice to make and we all have the right to make our own choices. To me it has nothing to do with HE vs Other. I do not judge anyone that does not support the NCZ - it is a free choice after all. Similarly, I do not accept any judgement from others that do not approve of my choices.

I have used clones before for the same reasons that many has quoted: Affordability, Availability, Try before you buy the authentic, etc. When the NCZ initiative started, I had to rethink the issue and made some changes in my business too. So my decisions has been to buy & support authentic - if I cannot due to any reason stated above or otherwise, then I have to go without it. So it is a moral issue for me personally.

Before anyone is tempted to judge me for this or anything else in my other choices in life, remember this is my choice based on my point of view.

I am passionate about vaping and the life changing benefits of it. I will continue to promote vaping and to support the vaping industry - the SA local industry especially. I will not look down or judge anyone that differs from me in this regard - I respect your choices.

Lastly I want to state that I am not posting this to stir up any heated debate - I am merely responding to the question raised about limited response from the NCZ members.

Do what you have to, as long as you vape on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t speak for others, I can only comment from my perspective. I support the NCZ initiative because I believe in the principle behind it - the IP belongs to someone else and I want to try to respect that. It is a choice to make and we all have the right to make our own choices. To me it has nothing to do with HE vs Other. I do not judge anyone that does not support the NCZ - it is a free choice after all. Similarly, I do not accept any judgement from others that do not approve of my choices.

I have used clones before for the same reasons that many has quoted: Affordability, Availability, Try before you buy the authentic, etc. When the NCZ initiative started, I had to rethink the issue and made some changes in my business too. So my decisions has been to buy & support authentic - if I cannot due to any reason stated above or otherwise, then I have to go without it. So it is a moral issue for me personally.

Before anyone is tempted to judge me for this or anything else in my other choices in life, remember this is my choice based on my point of view.

I am passionate about vaping and the life changing benefits of it. I will continue to promote vaping and to support the vaping industry - the SA local industry especially. I will not look down or judge anyone that differs from me in this regard - I respect your choices.

Lastly I want to state that I am not posting this to stir up any heated debate - I am merely responding to the question raised about limited response from the NCZ members.

Very insightful and i think you summed it up nicely

So far this is the best answer on this topic I recieved to any of my questions. Thanks for the honest opinion now we know at least the change was for a good purpose on your behalf and not just following the crowd.
I dont own any clones ,so I didnt have to respond either but, my thing is to live by your means and be happy with it.so I am pro choice or pro lifestyle.
For those that live according to their means and those that live above...I am happy for them but not when they make others look foul

So far this is the best answer on this topic I recieved to any of my questions. Thanks for the honest opinion now we know at least the change was for a good purpose on your behalf and not just following the crowd.
I dont own any clones ,so I didnt have to respond either but, my thing is to live by your means and be happy with it.so I am pro choice or pro lifestyle.
For those that live according to their means and those that live above...I am happy for them but not when they make others look foul

Well said @Resistance .... at the end all we have is our freedom of choice! ☺

Treat the cause, not the symptom. Clones are merely the symptom. The underlying cause of their existence is the cost of mods. If mods were not so expensive, there wouldn't be a market for clones.

If the NCZ movement truly wants to make a difference, target the source. Firstly, the mod manufacturers and secondly, the vendors.
If everyone worked together and agreed to reduce their profit margins, HE or any other mods would be affordable and there would be no need or market for clones.

I have originals and I have clones, and I have no regrets about any of them. Yes, certain clones I will like to change for originals in the long run, others I won’t. Again my decision to buy.

As I get more into vaping I can see the choice of buying original is the way to go, and I do where affordable and available, but again only on some items, but not all and for sure not at some of the prices charged. I will also never suggest that a clone is an original. If having and using clones makes me a pariah in the vaping community, then so be it.

For starters I can tell you straight out that my Coppervape Skyfall clone gives me better taste than a lot of other rda’s I have, bonus for my rastebuds. I will never look down on someone using a clone, as long as it works for them, and serves the purpose of keeping him of Stinkies. Maybe that why I have 5 Skyclones, they are my daily drivers and I love them for their fersatility and flavour. Will I own at least one original, hell yes, once my kids are qualified, untill then I will keep on enjoying what I have.

Wow, guys, everything is subjective. Instead of getting hot under the collar, just don’t allow things to make you act drastically. Take what you want from the forum, and don’t let opinions determine that you’re either in or out. Anyway, have a vape, chill out and do what you do best

Wow, guys, everything is subjective. Instead of getting hot under the collar, just don’t allow things to make you act drastically. Take what you want from the forum, and don’t let opinions determine that you’re either in or out. Anyway, have a vape, chill out and do what you do best
Bro its not always the opinions that dictate some times its the way the opinion gets thrown in your lap.
That's one of the reasons so many forum members have left and others don't bother much anymore.
Your life your lifestyle, your choice.

So what effect does the clones have on the secondhand market? On the one side you have the hype chasers that constantly buy new gear and sell their old gear, floading the market, then new vapers who should have bought these secondhand gear, goes and buy cheap clones at china mall.
So is the people most affected by clones not maybe vapers themself, that cant get rid of their old stuff, or have to sell it a ridiculously low prices?

The only people that don't understand that are the ones that are shouting "Elitists!" or "HE bastards!" :)

Same discrimination works the other way round (NCZ as uncle RoB said was never about this....) , why must I be labeled if I choose to spend my money on higher tier vape gear and be called all kinds of names ?
People spend THEIR cash on what they choose ,period.Anyone calling somebody out on the choice they make needs to get a life.That said I buy my juice at my trusted B+M or on line from proven retailers .I never have run into fake juice but I guess some will try anything for a buck.Is this prevalent?

Fake juices are quite an issue here, @kev mac. I suppose this is to be expected in a country with high unemployment and many poorer people. It's not just that the fake merchants are providing a dirt cheap option for the poorer people to vape, it's that they are finding employment themselves in supplying fakes.

It remains a huge challenge for vaping to try and make it as affordable as possible. Most of the billion lives they are aiming to save are poorer developing world citizens. I think the industry is doing what it can and it's been heartening to see hardware, juice and DIY prices all drop consistently over the past few years. But there is still headroom for cheaper vaping options.

Back