More discussion on clones

People spend THEIR cash on what they choose ,period.Anyone calling somebody out on the choice they make needs to get a life.That said I buy my juice at my trusted B+M or on line from proven retailers .I never have run into fake juice but I guess some will try anything for a buck.Is this prevalent?

@kev mac I unknowingly bought a bottle of fake Nasty Juice from a tobacco shop in an upmarket shopping centre. I contacted Nasty Juice, who confirmed that it's fake. Whether they followed up on it I don't know.

A visit to the China Mall in Durban raised my blood pressure no end! I don't think there is one authentic product in the entire complex! :-@
Clones1.jpg Clones2.jpg Clones3.jpg

Thats still priced as clones. Here in Cape Town it starts at R80 and moves up to retail prices. Its not just at China Town anymore its at tobacconist and in Malls too
If u go to the china mall next to paddock mall in tableview u will get it for r30

Sent from aPhone

I have read a couple of pages, and have skipped a couple.

I have been hesitant to reply here as it makes it extremely difficult for a vendor to comment on such topics. To comply with forum rules I will make no mention of any products or brands.

I have on multiple occasions considered importing clones of a certain tank, as they refuse to sell to any other vendors, however never followed through.

Reason? I would rather import authentic and sell under MSRP or at least match MSRP, and rather not support a business that doesn't support healthy competition. Heck, even when I import or get stock at good prices I cut in some vendors that have asked. I am a firm believer that a customer shouldn't find better pricing by importing, its not fair to the clientele.

Many times I have been at awe what some vendors charge (not all of them) which just looks like outright daylight robbery, this in itself has fuelled the entire clone category, or so I feel.

Now I have absolutely no issues with clones at all, as long as they are clearly stated as such, not everyone would understand the term "styled", which I believe is misleading. However, the only time I would truly have an issue with clones/fakes is if they are sold as authentic, or being worded to deceive a buyer to think it's authentic.

At the end of the day, I believe this choice solely lies on the buyer, as it's a CHOICE, and no one should ever have to explain their choices.

The entire post might seem like I am promoting my business, however I felt I had to put in everything to properly explain why I don't sell clones, but still believe a customer should have a choice.

Never mind mods, even Woollies is in hot water now with their cloned baby carrier. Seriously - was it really necessary for such a big retailer to copy something designed by an "ordinary" individual?? Let the original item give them ideas, yes, but surely they could have been creative enough to add their own changes to it? They've definitely lost points with me.

I havent bought any clones, but I must say, someone posted a picture the other day of a purple Double barrel clone, and man that thing is beautifull.

I havent bought any clones, but I must say, someone posted a picture the other day of a purple Double barrel clone, and man that thing is beautifull.

They actually do custom ones.

Have a look on their FB page. But it gets pretty expensive pretty fast

There was also a limited run of purple ones that was sold as standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back