More News

Is he going to admit their "achievements" :rolleyes:, like devaluing the Rand, sowing discontent, increasing unemployment, chasing away investors, thievery ... I'd get typists cramp if I continue, so I'll stop there :facepalm:
And the economic deconstruction and f@kery plan.

Meet the Jetson One - a single-seater eVTOL 'flying car'
gopr0094_2_1.jpg

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/move-electric/meet-jetson-one-single-seater-evtol-flying-car

Summary of tonight's SONA.

Promises
Promises
Promises
We are industrilising cannabis
Promises
Promises
Promises

Summary of tonight's SONA.

Promises
Promises
Promises
We are industrilising cannabis
Promises
Promises
Promises

I find this hilarious ... we destroy all the profitable SOE's, chase away the people who built them, and then put our faith in growing zol :rofl:

I find this hilarious ... we destroy all the profitable SOE's, chase away the people who built them, and then put our faith in growing zol :rofl:

I'm all for hemp becoming a major agricultural commodity. It's cheap and easy to grow. Has tons of uses. And will create thousands of jobs.

As recreational cannabis, it's another stream of sin-tax income. At least future SONA's will be better to watch with Tito Mbweni's special strain. Especially grown by Fikile Mbalula.

Ramaphosa sends message to businesses in South Africa ... hmmm ... and it worked 30 years ago? :think:
https://businesstech.co.za/news/bus...-sends-message-to-businesses-in-south-africa/
I like this part:
“We are expanding the employment tax incentive and looking at various other regulatory changes to make it easier for small businesses to employ more people.”
So, awesome initiative, but the issue is the minimum wage/salary government imposes which makes it near impossible for micro businesses, such as myself, to employ anyone. No matter what tax incentive you offer, I will not be able to pay the minimum wage, unless you offer me 50-100% back. Though I understand the reason(s) for this minimum salary cap, what they do not understand is that they are limiting employment possibilities and hence why our unemployment levels are so high. Would they rather have 2 people in a household employed at different businesses and have a basic income or neither and have no income and alas, the latter is what is happening now.

Now before I get stoned on this, I know that earning less than that is not a real income and one cannot sustainably live on it, etc. But as I said, if two people in a household can get a job then at least you have less of a burden on government and everyone else who is working. Also, it is up to the person seeking employment if they are willing to work for the amount offered, right now they're not being offered anything.

This is just my opinion.

I like this part:
“We are expanding the employment tax incentive and looking at various other regulatory changes to make it easier for small businesses to employ more people.”
So, awesome initiative, but the issue is the minimum wage/salary government imposes which makes it near impossible for micro businesses, such as myself, to employ anyone. No matter what tax incentive you offer, I will not be able to pay the minimum wage, unless you offer me 50-100% back. Though I understand the reason(s) for this minimum salary cap, what they do not understand is that they are limiting employment possibilities and hence why our unemployment levels are so high. Would they rather have 2 people in a household employed at different businesses and have a basic income or neither and have no income and alas, the latter is what is happening now.

Now before I get stoned on this, I know that earning less than that is not a real income and one cannot sustainably live on it, etc. But as I said, if two people in a household can get a job then at least you have less of a burden on government and everyone else who is working. Also, it is up to the person seeking employment if they are willing to work for the amount offered, right now they're not being offered anything.

This is just my opinion.

So here's a simplified version ... for years I mowed my own lawn, in fact I did all my own gardening ... and then one day a young man approached me and offered his services to take care of my gardening in exchange for board and lodging and a salary ... so I weighed it up, and ... I took him on ...
It was a hard job, and the pay wasn't great, however he had offered, so the role of Gardener was created ... It wasn't long after that, that most of my neighborhood followed suite, and we then found ourselves getting a little porkier, so we enrolled at the local gym, (remembering that we'd given up our somewhat strenuous gardening) ... so now we all the additional expenses of a gardeners salary, his board and lodging expenses, and a gym contract, (without gaining any time advantage ... which is the real commodity to life) ... anyhooooo ...so years pass by, and now I'm dictated to as to what I must pay said gardener ... hmmmm ... so I lose the "gardening service" along with the gym contract, and Dear Cyril ... there is one less person employed :--P

So here's a simplified version ... for years I mowed my own lawn, in fact I did all my own gardening ... and then one day a young man approached me and offered his services to take care of my gardening in exchange for board and lodging and a salary ... so I weighed it up, and ... I took him on ...
It was a hard job, and the pay wasn't great, however he had offered, so the role of Gardener was created ... It wasn't long after that, that most of my neighborhood followed suite, and we then found ourselves getting a little porkier, so we enrolled at the local gym, (remembering that we'd given up our somewhat strenuous gardening) ... so now we all the additional expenses of a gardeners salary, his board and lodging expenses, and a gym contract, (without gaining any time advantage ... which is the real commodity to life) ... anyhooooo ...so years pass by, and now I'm dictated to as to what I must pay said gardener ... hmmmm ... so I lose the "gardening service" along with the gym contract, and Dear Cyril ... there is one less person employed :--P
And due to you and your fellow neighbours not going to gym, a fitness instructor is let go and eventually the gym closes down.

I like this part:

This is just my opinion.
I don't agree! Minimum wage is a must in any country, but where I do agree with you is who must pay it, small businesses cannot afford too, so there should be a incentive for bigger companies to take this up. Smaller businesses simply cannot. Also you cannot expect a person to work below minimum 7 days a week with 8-10 hour days. It's a complicated issue that needs attention

I don't agree! Minimum wage is a must in any country, but where I do agree with you is who must pay it, small businesses cannot afford too, so there should be a incentive for bigger companies to take this up. Smaller businesses simply cannot. Also you cannot expect a person to work below minimum 7 days a week with 8-10 hour days. It's a complicated issue that needs attention

It is indeed a complicated issue, and my example is a simplified extreme, however the principle of a free market is just that;
An economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between a willing buyer and seller.

Minimum wage is a must in any country
Look, I agree 100%, but make it reasonable. But then also as I said, it is up to the person looking for employment whether they accept the terms of employment for the wage which can be earned. But this is a debate that can continue for a long time, so I will just stop here rather and keep the peace :)

Look, I agree 100%, but make it reasonable. But then also as I said, it is up to the person looking for employment whether they accept the terms of employment for the wage which can be earned. But this is a debate that can continue for a long time, so I will just stop here rather and keep the peace :)
Haha, yip! This can cause major problems !

The govt online licence payment site is down, the day after its big launch​

18 Feb. 2022

• On Thursday, the department of transport launched an online system to pay for driving and vehicle licenses.
  • On Friday it fell over.
  • Government websites, including that of the Presidency, have a bad record when it comes to staying online.
  • The Government Gazette website has not been working for all of February.

Back