More News

Rand Water and the City of Tshwane have warned residents in Johannesburg and Pretoria to expect an 87-hour water outage this week as maintenance work continues on key pipelines in Gauteng.

The maintenance has been planned over five days, commencing at 09h30 on Friday, 19 August, and continuing to 13h00 on Tuesday, 23 August.

Some good (?) news.

I drive over the umgeni river close to the river mouth at least once a day and its disgusting there. the water is frothy and foaming and theres garbage everywhere. So sad.

I drive over the umgeni river close to the river mouth at least once a day and its disgusting there. the water is frothy and foaming and theres garbage everywhere. So sad.
We are going to Illovo beach in October. Would have been the kid's first time by the sea. Now they can't even put their feet in the water.

We are going to Illovo beach in October. Would have been the kid's first time by the sea. Now they can't even put their feet in the water.
Hopefully be clear by then. A lot can happen in a month!

Illove beach is clean as a whistle...stick to Natalia / Karedene area. ( even the two rivers are clean, kids can fish play in them ). Dont go swimming at Toti main, Warners or Winelspruit and ensure the kids swim where the lifeguards are ( for safety ). Oja we have not had much rain, so water is also nice and clear. Illovo is a hidden gem. Ps. Dont tell anyone or i will have my local beach swamped..... hahaha

Horrifying how quickly it happens.

this is very scary
thanks for sharing.
I think babies need to be clipped onto the trolley with a chain of sorts and a band around their waist
cant believe the gall of that staff member that picked up the baby

Back