No bad news, for once.

No bad news, for once.

My chances of dying :
comet from sky 00.1
prang ... 99%
cholera 50%
robbery [got fkl to steal] 0%
wild animal/ rabies 1%
Vaping ..yeah , anxiety bout flat batteries , running outa juice and FOMO -10000%
Died of vaping , try me, coughing my lungs out with a glass factory over the N17 venting late night ...

Last edited:
Petrol and diesel prices have been building from a small increase in February 2024 to a much bigger hike, with a weaker rand and Red Sea tensions delivering the blow.
Month-end data from the Central Energy Fund points to a 50 cents per litre hike in prices coming for motorists when the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) announces the official changes for next week.
Petrol prices are currently showing an under-recovery of between 52 and 54 cents per litre, while diesel – showing rare parity with petrol – are lining up for a 47 to 51 cents per litre climb.

This is a significant deterioration in prospects for South African motorists, with projected changes moving from a flat rate at the start of the month, a 9-14 cents per litre hike in the middle of the month.
Both the rand and global oil components of the local pricing are delivering an under-recovery – but it’s the international petroleum prices that are the biggest contributers.

They not just banning disposables, but looking at limiting flavours as well.
Measures being considered include:
  • restricting how vapes are described
  • limiting flavours to tobacco or tobacco and mint only
  • banning displays in shops, so vapes remain hidden, as is the case for cigarettes
  • introducing plain packaging, to stop the use of cartoons and animal characters
  • banning the use of disposable vapes
And the UK was long seen, by me, as one of the forerunners in helping vaping, but this is now a draconian step backwards in my opinion. I did not stop smoking cigarettes just for health reasons, I also do not like tobacco flavours. The flavours helped me quit. Let's hope they reconsider.

''Summary​

The three main points of the new regulations are…
  • Single use (disposable vapes) to be banned
  • New powers to restrict vape flavours and packaging to reduce appeal to children
  • Ban on sales of tobacco products to anyone born after 1st January 2009 – meaning those under 15 today will not be able to purchase tobacco in the future.

Also further regulations are on the horizon with regard to sales. Any shop not complying with the age restrictions on vapes will be given “on-the-spot” fines. Trading standards officers will be given the power to act.

Other safer nicotine products such as Nicotine Pouches will be outlawed for sale to children.''

ok , This actually belongs in the ''FUNNIES'' section...

Last edited:
Back