Moving over to pods and disposables

Hi everyone and thanks @Silver for asking the question.

Well, this is a long story to tell so here we go.

I was always one of those OG vapers that said I will never use a disposable, never saw the positives in buying something just to throw it away.

However, as my luck would have it, I went away for a weekend to a nature reserve and forgot to pack my vape toolbox that contained my chargers, batteries, cotton and and and...

The only alternative was to either buy a pack of ciggies or a disposable.

As you can guess I went for a disposable and what a eye opener it was.

The first thing that really blew my mind was the flavour profile(i think it was a gummy bear flavour, didn't have much variety to choose from at the specific shop). The flavour was way more prominent in the disposable than any of my rebuildable RTAs. So, unless I've been doing my builds wrong the last 4+ years I'm pretty sure disposables kick any RTAs bum.

Secondly, while we were travelling around on this specific weekend and me carrying a disposable instead of my mod, I realised that the convenience was also amazing. No spare batteries, juice etc in my pants pockets. Only a small usb size device.

Driving a vehicle while using a disposable is also much more convenient.

The above was my main reason for making my move.

There is however downsides to disposables as well, like misplacing the darn thing and never finding it, or finding it in your pants after it went through the washing machine.

You have to visit the shops more regularly to ensure you don't run out.

I've recently also bought a vaperesso rechargeable pod system and I think this is the perfect middle between rebuildable/mods and disposable vapes.

You can charge it via usb, just pop in a new POD and keep juice on hand. The flavour is also on par with disposables.

This is in a nutshell what happened, if you would like more info let me know
Hi, which pod did you get.
I had my Miso stolen by a taxi guard.
I found a replacement Miso brand new locally so I'll be getting that within this month.

I was always one of those OG vapers that said I will never use a disposable, never saw the positives in buying something just to throw it away.

However, as my luck would have it, I went away for a weekend to a nature reserve and forgot to pack my vape toolbox that contained my chargers, batteries, cotton and and and...

The first thing that really blew my mind was the flavour profile(i think it was a gummy bear flavour, didn't have much variety to choose from at the specific shop). The flavour was way more prominent in the disposable than any of my rebuildable RTAs. So, unless I've been doing my builds wrong the last 4+ years I'm pretty sure disposables kick any RTAs bum.

Secondly, while we were travelling around on this specific weekend and me carrying a disposable instead of my mod, I realised that the convenience was also amazing. No spare batteries, juice etc in my pants pockets. Only a small usb size device.

There is however downsides to disposables as well, like misplacing the darn thing and never finding it, or finding it in your pants after it went through the washing machine.

I've recently also bought a vaperesso rechargeable pod system and I think this is the perfect middle between rebuildable/mods and disposable vapes.

You can charge it via usb, just pop in a new POD and keep juice on hand. The flavour is also on par with disposables.

Thanks for the great explanation, @klipdrifter
I am quite surprised that you say the flavour was much better. Maybe your coils in your OG rigs were in need of replacement?
Anyhow, I appreciate the convenience aspects and can see that being a big upside for me. Pitstopping has become a bit of a schlepp for me and I often procrastinate till there is more to pitstop. Then its a bit of a time consuming job and I say to myself, man, this is a waste of my time.
I guess I will have to look into the pods here and there and see if anything can tickle my fancy on the MTL tobacco front. I am not too hopeful of that.
I also don't like nic salts and I want strong throat hit. So I need strong normal nic juice in there. Maybe that Vaporesso you speak about is something that I should try.
Thanks and all the best on your newfound vaping convenience!

I get the allure of convenience and those shout-outs for flavor. But, let's pump the brakes and delve into some vaping real talk. You know, the kind that hits you like a lungful of your favorite e-juice.

Down under in Australia, there's this whole vape ban saga, right? And guess what's playing a leading role? Underage kids cozying up to disposables. It's not just hearsay; it's a statistical reality. Across the globe in the UK, they've got their magnifying glasses out, Sherlock-style, investigating disposables' ties to underage vaping and health issues. Those unregulated imports? A murky territory.

Now, let's switch gears and spotlight the environment. Disposables tossing batteries like confetti? Not exactly my vibe. Sustainability matters, folks.

Enter the vape heroes – Pods. Personally, my go-to MVPs are the OXVA Xlim and the Vaporesso Luxe RX Max. Flavor? Check. No environmental guilt? Double-check.

So, fellow Vape Nation citizens, what's your stance on the disposable debate? Let's spark up a conversation that goes beyond the disposables and explores the wide world of alternatives.

Yeah, you have hit the nail on the head, with the exception of

the advent of mechs and hard hitting rda's. It was not the disposables that got youngsters hooked on vaping, it was the appeal of the big cloud. It evolved via Juul and the china manufacturers evolving nic salts and ever smaller machines. There are many of us here that went through the pain of the early productions. The machines of today are like comparing Musk's big flying penis and the Enterprise.

Yeah, you have hit the nail on the head, with the exception of

the advent of mechs and hard hitting rda's. It was not the disposables that got youngsters hooked on vaping, it was the appeal of the big cloud. It evolved via Juul and the china manufacturers evolving nic salts and ever smaller machines. There are many of us here that went through the pain of the early productions. The machines of today are like comparing Musk's big flying penis and the Enterprise.
Absolutely, Vape Comrade!

Your insights on the evolution of the vaping scene hit home. While I might not have been around for the early Juul days, I totally vibe with your perspective. It's fascinating how the appeal shifted from big clouds to sleek, pocketable devices.

Also, just a quick note – Elon Musk's SpaceX indeed has its own rocket ventures, but Jeff Bezos and his Blue Origin were the maestros behind the "big flying penis." It's like comparing a cloud-chucking RDA to a smooth nic-salt pod – similar yet distinctly different.

Keep the clouds rolling,

Which Vaporesso pod system did you get?

The pros you listed are making me more and more interested in a little pocket friendly easy to use pod as opposed to a mod and batteries and a rta!

would be interested in a rebuildable one as well but we shall see...

Hey Vape Fam!

I roll with the Vaporesso LUXE XR Max, and let me tell you, it's a game-changer. I'm all about those 0.15ohm GTX coils for a flavorful DTL experience with Free Base juice. The compact, pocket-friendly design makes it perfect for on-the-go vaping without the hassle of mods and RTAs.

If you're ever keen on exploring the rebuildable realm, keep an eye on the horizon. The vaping world is ever-evolving, and who knows what exciting innovations the future holds!

The pros you listed are making me more and more interested in a little pocket friendly easy to use pod as opposed to a mod and batteries and a rta!

Hey, its the Vaparesso xros 3

Decide to try this one - geek bar pulse 15000 puffs first.

It seems like there's a shift towards the use of pods and disposables. This change in trend could be attributed to factors such as convenience, ease of use, and portability. Pods, often associated with vaping devices, offer a hassle-free alternative to traditional methods. Their compact design and pre-filled nature appeal to users looking for a straightforward and on-the-go experience.

Disposables, on the other hand, add an extra layer of convenience by eliminating the need for maintenance or refilling. This disposable approach is particularly popular in various industries, from single-use electronics to single-serving packaging. It's essential to consider the environmental impact of disposables, as their widespread use can contribute to waste concerns.

As we witness this transition, it raises questions about the long-term sustainability of such products and the implications for both consumers and the environment. Balancing convenience with ecological responsibility is a crucial aspect to consider as we navigate this evolving landscape.

It seems like there's a shift towards the use of pods and disposables. This change in trend could be attributed to factors such as convenience, ease of use, and portability. Pods, often associated with vaping devices, offer a hassle-free alternative to traditional methods. Their compact design and pre-filled nature appeal to users looking for a straightforward and on-the-go experience.

Disposables, on the other hand, add an extra layer of convenience by eliminating the need for maintenance or refilling. This disposable approach is particularly popular in various industries, from single-use electronics to single-serving packaging. It's essential to consider the environmental impact of disposables, as their widespread use can contribute to waste concerns.

As we witness this transition, it raises questions about the long-term sustainability of such products and the implications for both consumers and the environment. Balancing convenience with ecological responsibility is a crucial aspect to consider as we navigate this evolving landscape.
Agreed ... with the jury still out on 50mg Nic Salts as "implications for consumers" goes

It seems like the transition to pods and disposables is a notable shift in the context you're referring to. This move may be driven by various factors such as convenience, ease of use, and possibly cost-effectiveness. Pods, in particular, have gained popularity for their simplicity and the reduced maintenance associated with traditional alternatives. However, it's essential to consider the environmental impact of disposables, as the increased use of single-use items can contribute to waste-related issues. Additionally, the vaping industry has witnessed a significant evolution in recent years, with innovations continually shaping user preferences. It would be interesting to explore the motivations behind this switch and the implications for both users and the industry as a whole.

This is my use case - I use my rebuildables at home but take my little pod device (with 10ml of juice and an extra coil) when I go out. It's much less admin for a night out. I am reminded of the great flavour you get from DL that MTL just can't replicate (especially in bakery and dessert juices).

I spent the afternoon this Wednesday past visiting with @Ollie at Sir Vape, and spoke with customers purchasing disposals, and ... the common reason; Convenience
I can add that the greater majority were ex rebuildable vapers to boot, and that leads me to this;

Laziness is the impulse to avoid work and this admirable attribute drives all progress in civilization. However, instead of being celebrated as it should be, laziness is reviled. Tragically, throughout one’s schooling and continuing through one’s professional career, a person who happens to be blessed with the glorious God given asset of laziness is brow-beaten and insulted by parents, teachers, and employers to forsake it.

Teachers et al fail to appreciate that laziness is responsible for most of humanity’s advances. Let’s face it: the guy who invented the sail was fed up with rowing. The first soul to hop on the back of a horse was too lazy to walk any more. Every major progressive step in society was driven by someone trying to get out of doing any work. Each knew, deep down, that there is always an easier, faster, cheaper, safer, better way of accomplishing a task and that hard work is completely and utterly unnecessary, besides being a monumental waste of life.

So instead of culturing a population of creative, inventive, artistic, peaceful souls who are blissfully basking in their laziness, guiltlessly avoiding all work, and reaping enormous financial, emotional, spiritual, and healthful fruits as a result, our collective mindset has produced a society of superficial, stress-out, unfulfilled hard workers, who achieve little more than a pittance in their lifetimes and then die young.

You do not achieve breathtaking results by working long and hard. The true secret of success lies in leveraging/multiplying power and effectiveness. When that happens, it takes less effort to accomplish more.

Here’s the good news. There are easy ways to multiply the power of all your resources ... your energy, your time, your skills, your brain power, your passion, your money, etc. You just need to know where and how to look for them. And, of course, you need to take the time to look.

Unfortunately people have bought into the concept of hard work so completely, they are blinded by it and they have sold their souls for skimpy paychecks instead of looking for better, easier, lazier ways that are many times more lucrative. It’s sad because it is so preventable.

Hard work is a superficial approach. And superficial approaches are always weak and ineffectual.

Hard work is just not necessary. There is ALWAYS an easier, more effective way of accomplishing the same thing. If you are working hard, it means you aren’t using your intelligence or creativity to find the “lever” that takes the work out of a task. Those who are motivated by laziness take the time to find that lever and therefore avoid the short-term and long-term misery of hard work. As a bonus, as if avoiding work was not reward enough, they also get rich ... If they can utilise mans addictions, or in the case of Disposables, multiply said addictions, then O so much better for turnover :facepalm:

Attachments

• images (100).jpeg
    images (100).jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 12
I spent the afternoon this Wednesday past visiting with @Ollie at Sir Vape, and spoke with customers purchasing disposals, and ... the common reason; Convenience
I can add that the greater majority were ex rebuildable vapers to boot, and that leads me to this;

Laziness is the impulse to avoid work and this admirable attribute drives all progress in civilization. However, instead of being celebrated as it should be, laziness is reviled. Tragically, throughout one’s schooling and continuing through one’s professional career, a person who happens to be blessed with the glorious God given asset of laziness is brow-beaten and insulted by parents, teachers, and employers to forsake it.

Teachers et al fail to appreciate that laziness is responsible for most of humanity’s advances. Let’s face it: the guy who invented the sail was fed up with rowing. The first soul to hop on the back of a horse was too lazy to walk any more. Every major progressive step in society was driven by someone trying to get out of doing any work. Each knew, deep down, that there is always an easier, faster, cheaper, safer, better way of accomplishing a task and that hard work is completely and utterly unnecessary, besides being a monumental waste of life.

So instead of culturing a population of creative, inventive, artistic, peaceful souls who are blissfully basking in their laziness, guiltlessly avoiding all work, and reaping enormous financial, emotional, spiritual, and healthful fruits as a result, our collective mindset has produced a society of superficial, stress-out, unfulfilled hard workers, who achieve little more than a pittance in their lifetimes and then die young.

You do not achieve breathtaking results by working long and hard. The true secret of success lies in leveraging/multiplying power and effectiveness. When that happens, it takes less effort to accomplish more.

Here’s the good news. There are easy ways to multiply the power of all your resources ... your energy, your time, your skills, your brain power, your passion, your money, etc. You just need to know where and how to look for them. And, of course, you need to take the time to look.

Unfortunately people have bought into the concept of hard work so completely, they are blinded by it and they have sold their souls for skimpy paychecks instead of looking for better, easier, lazier ways that are many times more lucrative. It’s sad because it is so preventable.

Hard work is a superficial approach. And superficial approaches are always weak and ineffectual.

Hard work is just not necessary. There is ALWAYS an easier, more effective way of accomplishing the same thing. If you are working hard, it means you aren’t using your intelligence or creativity to find the “lever” that takes the work out of a task. Those who are motivated by laziness take the time to find that lever and therefore avoid the short-term and long-term misery of hard work. As a bonus, as if avoiding work was not reward enough, they also get rich ... If they can utilise mans addictions, or in the case of Disposables, multiply said addictions, then O so much better for turnover :facepalm:
Totally agree as long as we stay self-sufficient.

Convenient and easy are okay... But don't forget how to do stuff for yourself people. That just makes you a slave to your laziness.

Real laziness does not inspire intelligence.

Don't pay someone to row for you.

Good morning all

Happy Friday. Wishing you a great weekend ahead.

I came across this post by @klipdrifter in the classifieds, where he is selling several fine vape items because he has moved over to disposables and pods.

View attachment 279707

I think it’s great when vapers find what they are comfortable with, but this intrigues me.

I’d love to hear from you @klipdrifter , how has the switch been?
Why did you switch?
Was it mainly the convenience and not having to pitstop and fiddle with coils and wicks?
But what about the flavour and the vape itself?
And the cost?
Did you switch from freebase to salt Nic ?

I’d love to hear your take on it

Not saying it’s good or bad, I’m very interested. I may need to introduce a pod into my vaping at some point for convenience. Plus my Evod coils are bound to run out at some point :)

I‘d also appreciate hearing from anyone else that has switched or others that have opinions on this.

Vape on!
I went from pods back to a mod n rta
Was spending 250rand per a 6000puff pod
Only getting maybe 1500puffs per week.

Even bewolk wasn't a cheap option

So they don't actually get the puff they sell you on.

I got a quality rta
Now getting crazy flavour
Geekvape z fli
With my smok rigel.

Best of luck to you

Attachments

• 20240327_165352.jpg
    20240327_165352.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 8
Pods rock!

Attachments

• 17115657056724853251909471771849.jpg