Mr. Hardwick's - discussing Jungle Flavors

method1

Resistance is futile.
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
You can sub the FW yellow cake for JF Yellow Cake and enjoy a less gunky vape ;-)

You can sub the FW yellow cake for JF Yellow Cake and enjoy a less gunky vape ;-)

Yay @method1, just the man that got me onto SC v1 :ARMS1:
If I sub the FW Yellow Cake with JF Yellow Cake what percentage can I use and are the 2 flavours similar enough not to change the juice's profile?

I have a few JF concentrates lined up for my next purchase and JF Yellow Cake is one of them.

Yay @method1, just the man that got me onto SC v1 :ARMS1:
If I sub the FW Yellow Cake with JF Yellow Cake what percentage can I use and are the 2 flavours similar enough not to change the juice's profile?

I have a few JF concentrates lined up for my next purchase and JF Yellow Cake is one of them.

Yeah they are pretty close, JF is a more authentic yellow cake IMHO and any substitution will change the overall flavour to some extent, but I have been using JF instead of FW and the results are usually favourable.

Strength wise they are pretty much on par so go ahead with 1.5% JF to start with.
Let us know if it works for you!

Yeah they are pretty close, JF is a more authentic yellow cake IMHO and any substitution will change the overall flavour to some extent, but I have been using JF instead of FW and the results are usually favourable.

Strength wise they are pretty much on par so go ahead with 1.5% JF to start with.
Let us know if it works for you!

Thanks for the input @method1, I've added to use 1.5% JF YC to the notes on eJuice Me Up.
I'll post the results here for everyone to see (will probably be in around 3 weeks because of steeping)

Don't want to go too far off topic, since this probably belongs in the general DIY thread.. but do you have any tips on JF % vs their counterparts from other vendors?

These in particular?
INW Biscuit vs JF Biscuit %
FA Fuji vs JF Fuji %
JF Sweet Strawberry %
Already answered the YC one, thanks for that.

Don't want to go too far off topic, since this probably belongs in the general DIY thread.. but do you have any tips on JF % vs their counterparts from other vendors?

These in particular?
FA Fuji vs JF Fuji %
JF Sweet Strawberry %
Already answered the YC one, thanks for that.

Biscuit - very similar strength, I find I can go a bit higher with JF because it doesn't get as funky at higher %
Fuji - pretty much equal strength
Strawberry Sweet - quite potent, can start at 0.75 which is equal to roughly 3% cappella sweet strawberry.

These in particular?
FA Fuji vs JF Fuji %
JF Sweet Strawberry %
Already answered the YC one, thanks for that. Method advised 1.5% so looks like FW and JF are of similar potency :D

I'd also be very interested in knowing the answers too. JF seems to be quite popular and I plan on trying them all, especially the Sweet Strawberry. I'm hoping it doesn't suffer the same fast fade as just about every other strawberry (Ripe being the worst)

Biscuit - very similar strength, I find I can go a bit higher with JF because it doesn't get as funky at higher %
Fuji - pretty much equal strength
Strawberry Sweet - quite potent, can start at 0.75 which is equal to roughly 3% cappella sweet strawberry.

Thanks for that @method1, having a mixing session with these this weekend.

I'd also be very interested in knowing the answers too. JF seems to be quite popular and I plan on trying them all, especially the Sweet Strawberry. I'm hoping it doesn't suffer the same fast fade as just about every other strawberry (Ripe being the worst)

The JF strawberry definitely has more staying power, more like the INW stuff but tastier (imo) - just don't bury it in maltol (including strawberry ripe) or it will suffer a similar fate.

The JF strawberry definitely has more staying power, more like the INW stuff but tastier (imo) - just don't bury it in maltol (including strawberry ripe) or it will suffer a similar fate.

I have the INW Strawberry Shisha and I find it very strong and too close to a real strawberry (I get an earthy kinda taste from it).
Please tell me this isn't the case with JF SS, I tend to prefer the less authentic tasting strawberries it would seem.

I have the INW Strawberry Shisha and I find it very strong and too close to a real strawberry (I get an earthy kinda taste from it).
Please tell me this isn't the case with JF SS, I tend to prefer the less authentic tasting strawberries it would seem.

JF is definitely more of a candy, sort of like a potent version of cappella. I personally can't stand shisha strawberry, tastes like grass to me :p

JF is definitely more of a candy, sort of like a potent version of cappella. I personally can't stand shisha strawberry, tastes like grass to me :p

I'm sold!
Thanks a mil for your input @method1, your advise is priceless!

I mixed it with Sugar Cookie v2 when I first tried and I thought it wasn't too bad actually. Till a wise mixer on here advised me that without Sugar Cookie v1 I'm making an inferior juice.
I sourced a few hundred ml's from Chefs UK and mixed up a fresh batch of SSCB, the difference is huge - v2 does not leave you with that silky buttery goodness that v1 brings. I wouldn't go as far as to say there vastly different but v1 turned an okay recipe into a great recipe.
Thanks. Will try get v1 in future and mix up a batch. BTW i added about 1% pistachio and it came out really nice.

Just creating this thread for various discussions of the JF flavors that should rather be inside the vendor subforum.

Will move those posts here.

Back