Mr. Hardwicks' - Juice and Hardshots Reviews

Has anyone tried Hardwicks new watermelon candy, I think its called. I would like to know your guys' thoughts.
One of my advs! I love it! Not over bearing on flavor and affordable. It's awesome!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rodeo

O Rodeo, Rodeo, wherefore art thou Rodeo? A love affair of the highest order indeed, for tobacco lovers and novices alike!!

Rodeo is the newest addition to the Hardwick's range of Hardshots. A Hardshot (or one shot) is an easy and convenient solution for beginners and experienced DIY'ers to make an already developed and perfected recipe without buying all of the individual concentrates to make a (usually complex) recipe. One Shot flavour concentrates are blended flavours designed to be used on their own and requires no further intervention by the mixer. Think of it as the little Kool Aid packets we got as children - all you did was add water, and voila! Same concept with a one shot, which some predict to be
the next big thing in vaping in 2018.

The major benefit of One Shot flavour concentrates is ease of use. You don’t need to use a combination of flavour concentrates to achieve the flavour you want. Simply add the recommended mix percentage of the One Shot flavour concentrate to you preferred VG, PG and nicotine mix and you’re good to go. In this case, Joel has created a small batch NET (naturally extracted tobacco) with a recommended mixing ratio of 13%.

Rodeo is described as a robust small batch naturally extracted tobacco with subtle bakery, nut, caramel & spice notes. This sounds like the description of a fancy red wine on the wine list at a larney restaurant and we all know the wine never tastes anything close the pretentious description...

Except, in this instance.

NET what?
The basic definition of NET (Naturally Exacted Tobacco) is the process of extracting the flavour from real tobacco. It involves the steeping of chopped or ground tobacco in PG, VG or a mix of the two to allow the natural flavors to make their way into the base mixture.

Why NET?
NET's manage to capture the taste of fresh tobacco remarkably well. NETs offer an authentic flavor, but a clean authentic flavor, often described as being like the aroma of fresh tobacco – a freshly-opened pack of cigarettes or a scoop of pipe tobacco, for example.

Is NET better?
Artificially produced tobacco flavors and e-liquids attempt to replicate tobacco with sweet, RY4-esque components to help it go down easier. The resulting flavour often manages to capture some element of the true flavor of tobacco, but it’s often a sort of musty, sweaty feet type flavor that doesn’t quite get the job done. This is why most vapers quickly move away from tobacco e-liquids: most of the time, they pretty much suck.

Rodeo is a true tobacco vape which caters for bacco novices and pro's by providing a well balanced, refined and ultra smooth REAL tobacco vaping experience. The tobacco does not contain any of the off-putting strong (artificial) tobacco notes typically present in some commercial juices as explained above, as this is a TRUE, FRESH TOBACCO.

Joel suggests that the Rodeo is good as a shake and vape as the NET process allows for the flavour to fully develop during the initial steep/NET process. All that you are doing at home is to dilute the already steeped flavour into your preferred VG/PG ratio - like you would make Kool Aid. The recommended ratio is 70/30 but you can adapt this to suit you vaping style and hardware set-up. My Rodeo is just on a week old and I have not pecked up any discernible flavour changes. I imagine the flavours will mellow out during an extended steep but this is not necessary here.

The bakery, nut, caramel & spice notes are subtly present throughout the vape experience and is wonderfully packaged as an all in one oral sensation. No particular note tries to compete with another which allows for the tobacco to shine and then some! The flavour components mentioned are naturally present in the tobacco - it is the job of the mixer to use the right combination and ratios of tobacco types to create a well balanced final product, which Joel masterfully accomplished here.

I picked up slight bitter notes, which is naturally present in tobacco, which rounds off the overall juice to perfection.

So, if you have never had a tobacco vape or if you are a pro, give this one shot a shot - you wont be sorry!! But hurry, as this is a small batch NET, stock is limited!!

Rodeo is available from two vendors locally, Blck Vapour and The Flavour Mill. It is sold in a 30ml bottle which will yield about 230ml of Rodeo at a 70/30, 3mg nic ratio. The final product will work out to about R32 a 30ml bottle which is an absolute steal!!!

26907745_1988374451424926_7143892272440667301_n_large.jpg

@method1

Last edited:
Rodeo

O Rodeo, Rodeo, wherefore art thou Rodeo? A love affair of the highest order indeed, for tobacco lovers and novices alike!!

Rodeo is the newest addition to the Hardwick's range of Hardshots. A Hardshot (or one shot) is an easy and convenient solution for beginners and experienced DIY'ers to make an already developed and perfected recipe without buying all of the individual concentrates to make a (usually complex) recipe. One Shot flavour concentrates are blended flavours designed to be used on their own and requires no further intervention by the mixer. Think of it as the little Kool Aid packets we got as children - all you did was add water, and voila! Same concept with a one shot, which some predict to be
the next big thing in vaping in 2018.

The major benefit of One Shot flavour concentrates is ease of use. You don’t need to use a combination of flavour concentrates to achieve the flavour you want. Simply add the recommended mix percentage of the One Shot flavour concentrate to you preferred VG, PG and nicotine mix and you’re good to go. In this case, Joel has created a small batch NET (naturally extracted tobacco) with a recommended mixing ratio of 13%.

Rodeo is described as a robust small batch naturally extracted tobacco with subtle bakery, nut, caramel & spice notes. This sounds like the description of a fancy red wine on the wine list at a larney restaurant and we all know the wine never tastes anything close the pretentious description...

Except, in this instance.

NET what?
The basic definition of NET (Naturally Exacted Tobacco) is the process of extracting the flavour from real tobacco. It involves the steeping of chopped or ground tobacco in PG, VG or a mix of the two to allow the natural flavors to make their way into the base mixture.

Why NET?
NET's manage to capture the taste of fresh tobacco remarkably well. NETs offer an authentic flavor, but a clean authentic flavor, often described as being like the aroma of fresh tobacco – a freshly-opened pack of cigarettes or a scoop of pipe tobacco, for example.

Is NET better?
Artificially produced tobacco flavors and e-liquids attempt to replicate tobacco with sweet, RY4-esque components to help it go down easier. The resulting flavour often manages to capture some element of the true flavor of tobacco, but it’s often a sort of musty, sweaty feet type flavor that doesn’t quite get the job done. This is why most vapers quickly move away from tobacco e-liquids: most of the time, they pretty much suck.

Rodeo is a true tobacco vape which caters for bacco novices and pro's by providing a well balanced, refined and ultra smooth REAL tobacco vaping experience. The tobacco does not contain any of the off-putting strong (artificial) tobacco notes typically present in some commercial juices as explained above, as this is a TRUE, FRESH TOBACCO.

Joel suggests that the Rodeo is good as a shake and vape as the NET process allows for the flavour to fully develop during the initial steep/NET process. All that you are doing at home is to dilute the already steeped flavour into your preferred VG/PG ratio - like you would make Kool Aid. The recommended ratio is 70/30 but you can adapt this to suit you vaping style and hardware set-up. My Rodeo is just on a week old and I have not pecked up any discernible flavour changes. I imagine the flavours will mellow out during an extended steep but this is not necessary here.

The bakery, nut, caramel & spice notes are subtly present throughout the vape experience and is wonderfully packaged as an all in one oral sensation. No particular note tries to compete with another which allows for the tobacco to shine and then some! The flavour components mentioned are naturally present in the tobacco - it is the job of the mixer to use the right combination and ratios of tobacco types to create a well balanced final product, which Joel masterfully accomplished here.

I picked up slight bitter notes, which is naturally present in tobacco, which rounds off the overall juice to perfection.

So, if you have never had a tobacco vape or if you are a pro, give this one shot a shot - you wont be sorry!! But hurry, as this is a small batch NET, stock is limited!!

Rodeo is available from two vendors locally, Blck Vapour and The Flavour Mill. It is sold in a 30ml bottle which will yield about 230ml of Rodeo at a 70/30, 3mg nic ratio. The final product will work out to about R32 a 30ml bottle which is an absolute steal!!!

26907745_1988374451424926_7143892272440667301_n_large-jpg.121258

@method1

Oh wow, thanks for that @Rude Rudi
What an excellent writeup and thanks for the extra info
Rodeo sounds fantastic!

Thank you @Rude Rudi - now I am really looking forward to receive my bottle.
What tobacco do you get - pipe tobacco or cigar tobacco or cigarette tobacco?

I have now spent a day and a half and about 4ml on Rodeo, mixed at 13% and 60VG . My initial impressions @GregF, @GerritVisagie, @Rude Rudi and @rogue zombie.

I get an aromatic pipe tobacco. If memory serves me right, the aromatics of INW AM4A. But INW AM4A by itself is imho just sharp aromatics and no tobacco and very sweet. In Rodeo the NET (and maybe some Absolute Tobacco) transforms it to a proper tobacco and makes it medium sweet at most. It brings that magic that only a NET can do. Brings the too sharp and tiring aromatics down to a balanced ADV level. Reminds me much of Douwe Egberts's Amphora pipe tobacco and something of a Rum and Maple tobacco.

I also get that very slight bitter of real tobacco, almost a soft lime without the lime taste. Full and satisfying mouth feel and good throat hit.

The best local tobacco juice I have tasted. Space made in my ADV tobacco rotation.

Rum & maple! That's the little hidden flavour I cannot put my finger on.

Well, I was waiting for your thoughts, time to drip it again.
Thanx @Andre, epic breakdown.
I'm only getting into the hard-nosed tobaccos from Ry4 bases. So I appreciate the details you give so I can go "look" for those subtle flavours.

And if that all fails, it's still a damn good juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else think we should vote in a new comp category at VapeCon this year??
"Best one-shot of the year"
I reckon these are becoming a thing

I have now spent a day and a half and about 4ml on Rodeo, mixed at 13% and 60VG . My initial impressions @GregF, @GerritVisagie, @Rude Rudi and @rogue zombie.

I get an aromatic pipe tobacco. If memory serves me right, the aromatics of INW AM4A. But INW AM4A by itself is imho just sharp aromatics and no tobacco and very sweet. In Rodeo the NET (and maybe some Absolute Tobacco) transforms it to a proper tobacco and makes it medium sweet at most. It brings that magic that only a NET can do. Brings the too sharp and tiring aromatics down to a balanced ADV level. Reminds me much of Douwe Egberts's Amphora pipe tobacco and something of a Rum and Maple tobacco.

I also get that very slight bitter of real tobacco, almost a soft lime without the lime taste. Full and satisfying mouth feel and good throat hit.

The best local tobacco juice I have tasted. Space made in my ADV tobacco rotation.

Thank you for giving your initial impressions on Rodeo. I've been through about 20ml over the last week. And being the tobacco flavour junky that I am, found myself loving this juice. Your description of this juice matches perfectly with my tastebuds. I echo your sentiments.

Thanks @Andre
Excellent description
I need to try this

Thanks @Andre
Excellent description
I need to try this
I placed my order but unfortunately TCG routed my parcel to the opposite direction from me.
So it looks like I wont have any toys to play with this weekend.;(

I placed my order but unfortunately TCG routed my parcel to the opposite direction from me.
So it looks like I wont have any toys to play with this weekend.;(

Oh no @GregF
Sorry to hear, maybe they will change direction and it will magically appear
Hope so

Not going to happen. Parcel is in Dullstroom and I am in Midvaal. They told me delivery will be Tuesday.

Oh my word
Dullstroom - why on earth would they send it there.
:(

Thank you for giving your initial impressions on Rodeo. I've been through about 20ml over the last week. And being the tobacco flavour junky that I am, found myself loving this juice. Your description of this juice matches perfectly with my tastebuds. I echo your sentiments.

I finally received my order on Monday morning and mixed it up, I think even before the parcel was opened completely.
I have been vaping it exclusively for the past couple of days which is unusual for me as I normally change at least once a day.
I must agree with you @Alex, everything @Andre said nailed it.
Well done @method1. I just hope it is not a limited edition thing and will be available in time to come.
If that is the case then just release the recipe;-)

Anyone else think we should vote in a new comp category at VapeCon this year??
"Best one-shot of the year"
I reckon these are becoming a thing

I hope this is becoming a thing.

I think its awesome for people just getting into DIY as well as the people who are long time DIYers.

hi all, I haven't attempted this before (plan for tomorrow though). Bought a week ago together with the bases and 36mg pg nic. Looking for some guidance on mixing up 30 ml 60vg40pg 9mg.

I don't have a scale so plan on using a syringe, I'm hoping I can get by with that?

hi all, I haven't attempted this before (plan for tomorrow though). Bought a week ago together with the bases and 36mg pg nic. Looking for some guidance on mixing up 30 ml 60vg40pg 9mg.

I don't have a scale so plan on using a syringe, I'm hoping I can get by with that?
Syringe(s) is fine.

Nicotine: 7.5 ml
PG: 0.6 ml
VG: 18 ml
Rodeo: 3.9 ml

Had my Rodeo for over a week now. Think I can give some feedback.

I do not like strong tobacco vapes. When I do get a tobacco craving I go for the more creamy RY4 type vapes. I thought that this one might change my mind but sadly it did not quite. Still this is a special vape.

When I mixed it you could smell the rum and maple tobacco coming through. So much so that my wive walked past the kitchen where I was mixing and thought I was turning to pipe smoking.

On the first toot in my Hady it immediately reminded me of pipe tobacco. Not the cheap stuff you bought from the corner cafe to make rollies of when money was tight. This is the real good stuff. The type of stuff the tobacco farmer keeps for his own use.

First hit gives a strong tobacco with a hint of honey coming through. As you continue to vape the honey flavour seems to come more to the front and the bakery notes start to develop.

Personally I would not rate it as a ADV for myself. But I gave a colleague a 30ml mixed sample who took it to a braai over the weekend. He and all his friends loved it. In fact the 30ml sample did not last it through the night. They loved the complexity of the flavour and the fact that its the closest vape to really taste like tobacco they have found. Had to mix 200ml today for him and a friend. Both are still smoking and vaping together but are considering dropping the stinkies now that they found a proper tobacco mix.

I will still keep my sample. I can see myself reaching for this when I'm on holiday somewhere in the bush with the campfire going for when a fruity or creamy vape just won't cut it.

Have moved several of the above posts into this thread after consultation with @Andre and the original thread starter @Rude Rudi

We decided to keep all oneshot reviews with the juice reviews in the same thread in this subforum instead of having it in the concentrates reviews subforum.

Thanks again for your review @Rude Rudi !

Back