MutationX v4

Claude

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello all,

This being my first post I am not really 100% sure where to start.

Hi. Im Claude. I game and vape.

Thats out the way, down to business. I recently got my grubby little hands on the above mentioned Dripper and man oh man does she perform. This is not a review however,as there are already a few of them out there, this is more a general cry for help. I like to think I know how to build, at the moment I am running a dual micro coil reading 0.3. Which is not bad, it is performing really well.

I would like to know if there is anything anyone can provide tips wise for this dripper, how to reduce the leaking from the bottom airflow, wicking tips, some cool builds to try on it.

I have read through a few of the ones on here and have tried most. Im keen to learn.

Thanks

C

Most welcome to the forum, @Claude. Have no experience with that dripper, but thought I'd say welcome nonetheless.

:) No worries. I appreciate the feel of this forum, having recently found out about it. I hope to be here a while. :)

Hi and Welocme

The x4 is an awesome cloud blower, best advice I can give is build higher above the deck closer to the top of the posts and that sucker needs to be build super sub ohm.
I have mine setup on 3mm ID, 22g wire and 6 wraps, comes out to around 0.1Ω. my next build is going to be a bit higher maybe go to 8 wraps and see how that goes. Even at super sub ohm, the vape is still quite cool

Awesome, yeah I was going to see if I could go a bit lower with the next one I build and see how she works.

Higher is better? I will give it a shot and see if I can minimise the bottom holes from spitting the liquid out hahah.

Shot for the advice :)

You can plug the bottom holes if its really giving you grief as well. There are rubber grommets in the parts bag

Haha Yeah but its kind of the huge appeal to it right? I will play around as well a bit more as it goes and post best results

Have the wicks run down nicely into the juice well. and only Drip into the well and dont flood up the airflow holes beneath the coils. this should work just fine. If the wick is pulling juice out the well then there shouldnt be any flooding in the airflow holes. But if you are dripping directly on the coil itself then dont be so generous. also dont let the device sit when the wicks are soaked, always store with dry wick. hope this helps!

Hello all,

Thats out the way, down to business. I recently got my grubby little hands on the above mentioned Dripper and man oh man does she perform. This is not a review however,as there are already a few of them out there, this is more a general cry for help. I like to think I know how to build, at the moment I am running a dual micro coil reading 0.3. Which is not bad, it is performing really well.

I would like to know if there is anything anyone can provide tips wise for this dripper, how to reduce the leaking from the bottom airflow, wicking tips, some cool builds to try on it.

I have read through a few of the ones on here and have tried most. Im keen to learn.

Thanks

C
What are you running on?

Hello all,

Thanks

C

Welcome to the forum @Claude
I dont have knowledge of the mutationX v4 but can vouch for the experience of the guys that have posted above.
All the best with your vaping and hope you enjoy your stay here

@Claude Welcome to the forum, you do 2 out 3 of my favourite things in the world, vape and game.

I have a Mutation V4 and man oh man, I'm in love, what an awesome RDA. I own a Freakshow as well and both of them have bottom airflow. I find that using the "Grimm Green method" helps, by "painting" the juice on the coils it reduces the leaking quite a bit.

I will post his review on the Freakshow and hopefully that will help with your leaking problem. I still have some leaks from time to time however, just one of those things. However I wouldn't want to close those bottom airholes up as that's where you're getting all your flavour from.
I've got a dual 24g twisted, at 0.15ohms at the moment, on my IPV4 at around 85W. Lovely warm vape.

Good luck, and vape on dude.

Hi and Welocme

The x4 is an awesome cloud blower, best advice I can give is build higher above the deck closer to the top of the posts and that sucker needs to be build super sub ohm.
I have mine setup on 3mm ID, 22g wire and 6 wraps, comes out to around 0.1Ω. my next build is going to be a bit higher maybe go to 8 wraps and see how that goes. Even at super sub ohm, the vape is still quite cool

What mod are you using to fire 0.1 ohm?

The 2800mah 35A

Close enough. That's good news. That means I should be sorted when mine arrives. I just bought 2x of the 38A versions in anticipation for my entry into RDA's & mech mods.

Close enough. That's good news. That means I should be sorted when mine arrives. I just bought 2x of the 38A versions in anticipation for my entry into RDA's & mech mods.
You will definitely enjoy the MX4, I love mine, the only problem with it being built so low, it tends to sweat some juice around the top cap, but nothing too serious :)

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.... with a resistance of 0.1 ohms on a fully charged battery 4.1V - you are pulling 41 Amps using a mech. Your battery has a 35A rating.

Am I missing something?

You will definitely enjoy the MX4, I love mine, the only problem with it being built so low, it tends to sweat some juice around the top cap, but nothing too serious :)

Thanks, but I'm not the OP. I've been browsing RDA's and watched all the reviews I could find for the past week to try and get a feel for what's out there in terms of designs, and I really like the Velocity's design so I'm waiting for one of those :D But I wouldn't mind having a MX4 or Plume Veil as well!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.... with a resistance of 0.1 ohms on a fully charged battery 4.1V - you are pulling 41 Amps using a mech. Your battery has a 35A rating.

Am I missing something?
You are correct, but taking into consideration my ohm reading is not exactly 0.1 ohm, my ohm meter only reads by 0.1 decimals, but my coil should be around 0.12 - 0.15 ohms, still almost in line with the battery capacity, but also at a dangerous level. From reading what a few guys tested the battery should still be stable around 0.15 ohms. I know that it is still dangerous to max the battery out, but this setup is just to mess around with a few puffs while I'm relaxing at home. My daily vape is running between 20-30w on a regulated mod at 0.3-0.5ohms :)

Thanks for the confirmation. Thought I had my calculations all mixed up coz I never build below 0.3ohms on the Reo. Scares the crap out of me.

You are correct, but taking into consideration my ohm reading is not exactly 0.1 ohm, my ohm meter only reads by 0.1 decimals, but my coil should be around 0.12 - 0.15 ohms, still almost in line with the battery capacity, but also at a dangerous level. From reading what a few guys tested the battery should still be stable around 0.15 ohms. I know that it is still dangerous to max the battery out, but this setup is just to mess around with a few puffs while I'm relaxing at home. My daily vape is running between 20-30w on a regulated mod at 0.3-0.5ohms :)

Do you still use an RDA on a reg mod for your daily vape? I'm always concerned about after sales service. The reality is that at some point, whether in 2 or 20 years, I won't be able to get replacement coils for the Nautilus anymore. But I'll always be able to get Kanthal wire, and I'll always be able to get replacement 18650 batteries. So firing an RDA off a mech mod just seems like an infinite solution to me, hence my interest.

Thanks for the confirmation. Thought I had my calculations all mixed up coz I never build below 0.3ohms on the Reo. Scares the crap out of me.

But thats just the thing, with a REO, thats like a rolls royce, built for comfort and pleasure, while a mech is like an old VW MK1 golf, which is built to be modified and run at max capacity with a 1.4l motor...lol

Back