MutationX v4

Thanks for the confirmation. Thought I had my calculations all mixed up coz I never build below 0.3ohms on the Reo. Scares the crap out of me.

But thats just the thing, with a REO, thats like a rolls royce, built for comfort and pleasure, while a mech is like an old VW MK1 golf, which is built to be modified and run at max capacity with a 1.4l motor...lol

Do you still use an RDA on a reg mod for your daily vape? I'm always concerned about after sales service. The reality is that at some point, whether in 2 or 20 years, I won't be able to get replacement coils for the Nautilus anymore. But I'll always be able to get Kanthal wire, and I'll always be able to get replacement 18650 batteries. So firing an RDA off a mech mod just seems like an infinite solution to me, hence my interest.

Yes, you can still use almost any RDA on a Mech and regulated mod. With the technology out there today, we have so many compatible options between RDA's, RTA's, and commercial tanks. The advantage with a regulated mod, is that almost all of them have some sort of protection, to prevent a coil from firing if there is a short on the coil, whether it be an RDA or a commercial tank, and on the other hand, Mech's dont have any protection. I use a regulated mod for carrying around and my mech mods are mostly backups and for messing around with some clouds. The nice thing with regulated mods is that you have most of the tools on hand in case of an emergency, to charge batteries and check resistance when building coils on the go.

Last edited:
I have been using a mech for close to a year as a daily vape, I have a 26650 with a dripper, my daily vape is a 0.08ohm, basically a cloud machine. thats my daily vape.

know your battery limits and you wont have a problem.

But thats just the thing, with a REO, thats like a rolls royce, built for comfort and pleasure, while a mech is like an old VW MK1 golf, which is built to be modified and run at max capacity with a 1.4l motor...lol
I disagree totally. the REO is still a mech mod buddy!

Rolls royce would be ipv3li or Similar something with electronics.

I have been using a mech for close to a year as a daily vape, I have a 26650 with a dripper, my daily vape is a 0.08ohm, basically a cloud machine. thats my daily vape.

know your battery limits and you wont have a problem.

I disagree totally. the REO is still a mech mod buddy!

Rolls royce would be ipv3li or Similar something with electronics.
100% correct the REO is still a mech, but more refined and controlled with collapsible hot springs and outstanding build quality compared to most commercially available budget mech's, like the 18650 SMPL...etc

You can rate my post as "dumb" but please read the context as to what I was implying and where that came from. Maybe I should have specified which price bracket mechs I was referring to when comparing to a REO

@whatalotigot Can you please tell me what was so dumb about my last post. I agreed with your statement and merely justified what I meant in my previous post. I am not out here to piss off anybody, and if I have offended you in any way, then please accept my apologies.

Yes, you can still use almost any RDA on a Mech and regulated mod. With the technology out there today, we have so many compatible options between RDA's, RTA's, and commercial tanks. The advantage with a regulated mod, is that almost all of them have some sort of protection, to prevent a coil from firing if there is a short on the coil, whether it be an RDA or a commercial tank, and on the other hand, Mech's dont have any protection. I use a regulated mod for carrying around and my mech mods are mostly backups and for messing around with some clouds. The nice thing with regulated mods is that you have most of the tools on hand in case of an emergency, to charge batteries and check resistance when building coils on the go.

Thanks for the info! I must say, I do like the ability to check the voltage, wattage, resistance and everything on one little screen with the SVD and something like the iStick does that even better, being able to fire some fatter coils. I see that the iStick 50W is a pretty popular mod at the moment and personally I don't see myself firing coils below 0.3 ohm any time soon, but le price... I don't know if I'm ready to spend R900 on a mod just yet. I picked up my SVD for such a steal, I'll have to wait for one of those deals to come my way and save some bucks... :D Until then, the Panzer will have to power the Velocity.

If you are just
Thanks for the info! I must say, I do like the ability to check the voltage, wattage, resistance and everything on one little screen with the SVD and something like the iStick does that even better, being able to fire some fatter coils. I see that the iStick 50W is a pretty popular mod at the moment and personally I don't see myself firing coils below 0.3 ohm any time soon, but le price... I don't know if I'm ready to spend R900 on a mod just yet. I picked up my SVD for such a steal, I'll have to wait for one of those deals to come my way and save some bucks... :D Until then, the Panzer will have to power the Velocity.
getting into the vaping scene, then I see no need to rush out and buy a new device, the SVD isnt a bad device and since you are using the nautilus on it, it a decent combo and then the mech can run the RDA. I personally havent bought a lot of mods and devices and just happy using my Sigelei 50w for an everyday vape, its lasted me close to 9/10 months without a days hassle :)
If you are saving up for your next device, then it might be wise to keep an eye out for a nice temp control device like the Evic VT, but who knows, maybe when you are ready to get a new mod, then there will be some awesome deals available :)

@whatalotigot Can you please tell me what was so dumb about my last post. I agreed with your statement and merely justified what I meant in my previous post. I am not out here to piss off anybody, and if I have offended you in any way, then please accept my apologies.

I dont see anything "dumb" with that post. Might be just a misclick.....

If you are just

getting into the vaping scene, then I see no need to rush out and buy a new device, the SVD isnt a bad device and since you are using the nautilus on it, it a decent combo and then the mech can run the RDA. I personally havent bought a lot of mods and devices and just happy using my Sigelei 50w for an everyday vape, its lasted me close to 9/10 months without a days hassle :)
If you are saving up for your next device, then it might be wise to keep an eye out for a nice temp control device like the Evic VT, but who knows, maybe when you are ready to get a new mod, then there will be some awesome deals available :)

Yup, I'm super happy with the SVD/Nauty performance. It's supposed to be mouth to lung, but does direct lung hits okay so I'm good. It'll be even better once I replace the stock BDC with a BVC. At this point my only reason for looking for something extra is so I don't have to pass it to my wife every few mins :) And when I do get something new, I want it to be able to fire sub-ohm RBA coils without a hassle.

I got my Mutation X yesterday and I am very impressed. It is a vapour making machine! And the flavour is intense. Planning on doing some experimental builds on it this weekend. I'll post the results on Monday

Dual Claptons 28g around 26g
5 wraps each
1.5mm ID
0.2ohm
dbd4a045e24ad543f35c1d52b6f307e0.jpg
096bae7937f54a936a6d4d0b8fc43732.jpg

Sent from my mind

This video helped me out loads with understanding the x4

Remember dont over juice the wick thats how i reduce leakage.. since ive taken the approach i only really get vape condensation happening which is not sticky like the juice

Back