My care package

Lol :p I dunno, in some ways a paperclip is easier to work with, much less springy than kanthal. To get everything to sit right I'm torching the kanthal twice and still pinching it on the mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try a twisted 28g dual coil build in my stillare tonight. I'm thinking 7 wraps around a 3mm drill bit, should put me at about 0.25 ohms.

Hopefully that'll give me some cloudage :p (not for use in public obviously)
Will try and make it a tutorial and post it on the forum :)

The tobeco kayfun is awesome... Except the fill hole, that parts utterly useless. The threads were so small and weak, that I stripped them :-/

Still works fine. Just means I have to disassemble the whole thing to push the screw out.

Going to drip at work from now on I think.

Btw this looks interesting

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411046957.774826.jpg

That looks like a 0.5 ohm build. The twisted coil on my kayfun should be at about 0.35. It's a bit too hot.

0.5 ohms, sounds like a plan :)

But I want to try doing that twisted build in my stillare first. Seeing as I'm going to be dripping more than using my kayfun, till I can mill some new threads in it.

Going to take my DSLR home in any case to take come good pics of what progress I make.

Well! Forgot the DSLR :(

The twisted 28AWG coils looked cool, but took a long time to come to life.

Photo 18-9-2014-4.jpeg

Photo 18-9-2014-3.jpeg

So I did a couple 24AWG Macro coils (6 wraps around a 3.2mm drill bit). Worked out to 0.44 ohms. Much more snappy.

Photo 18-9-2014.jpeg

Photo 18-9-2014-2.jpeg

Back