My first extracts..... yum yum

Oliver, you mean all that text was a quote? After the sentence, "So i got this off reddit..."?

i want to know long they macerated the spices. Tobacco - cold maceration - is typically 3 to 4 weeks, but i think i need to do the spices for less time.

I found this a while back too...here is the link :D

oh good! i was going to search for it. Thanks.

I am testing out some of my coffee .. hmmm . Not bad as an additive

My coffee extract turned out to be a bumer... Don't use a dark roast. gives of a very burnt taste. might work in small quantities as a under tone but definitely not for making coffee flavored juice.

So what type of coffer would be best for makinhg an extract. @Athster is correct a dark roast does give a burnt taste.

I want to try a medium roast next or even not roasted at all but thats as it stands is a ***** to find

Great Job dude. Im starting to also do naturally extract of vanilla, cinnamin, coffee and sme sort of brandy or alchol..

Please let me know if I can sample some of yours.

Awesome man! I'd love to try your juices some time, maybe you could bring some samples to vapecon. I'm busy with some vanilla pod, nutmeg, cinnamon stick and coffee extracts. Gonna leave them for another week or two before I try them though.
Hi guys, Im new to this site. Iv been vaoing for over 2 months with a rba, iv made my own e juice, simple ones and enjoyed them. I recently bought more vg but just noticed its pure glycerine, not vegetable glycerine, it is bp. Its dolly varden.
I bought it remembering somebody else has mentioned using it, not sure if they used pure glycerine. Iv mixed up about 100ml of flavours so I dont want to chuck them.
Any clue if this pure glycerine is ok too vape? Or where I can get info from?
#help_needed. Thanks in advance

Hi guys, Im new to this site. Iv been vaoing for over 2 months with a rba, iv made my own e juice, simple ones and enjoyed them. I recently bought more vg but just noticed its pure glycerine, not vegetable glycerine, it is bp. Its dolly varden.
I bought it remembering somebody else has mentioned using it, not sure if they used pure glycerine. Iv mixed up about 100ml of flavours so I dont want to chuck them.
Any clue if this pure glycerine is ok too vape? Or where I can get info from?
#help_needed. Thanks in advance

In the Vaping world glycerine is refered to as VG. Some people are sticky and want vegetable extracted glycerine (VG) but essentially if it is BP or USP rated you are safe. I have been using Dolly Varden for a while now.

Awesome. So you vaping the dolly varden pure glycerine BP?

Yeah use it in my mixes. Although VG from Skyblue is cheaper I think. But its easy to pop down to the pharmacy and not pay courier fees to Cape Town for me.

So I did 30ml 50/50 pg vg coffee extract with a medium roast ground coffee. I filtered it in a 60ml syringe that I drilled holes into and placed a piece of ss mesh over the holes. I then let it stand for a day and siphoned off the clearer mix.
As i wanted to use it as an additive I tried it with some left over hurricane custard, left for a few days to steep.
This is so far the best diy I have done so far. Loving it

Can someone please help me, im totally new to diy. All I have is VG, the pick n pay brand lol.
What can I make of this? How do I make extracts of coffee or any other thing? How about milo or horlicks? Any tutorial on how to make extracts and how many to add of that to the VG I have?

Attachments

• IMG_20150120_081705.jpg
    IMG_20150120_081705.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 26
Milo Vape whould be awsome

Can someone please help me, im totally new to diy. All I have is VG, the pick n pay brand lol.
What can I make of this? How do I make extracts of coffee or any other thing? How about milo or horlicks? Any tutorial on how to make extracts and how many to add of that to the VG I have?

Generally speaking, PG is better suited to extraction than VG (it absorbs flavours better). The idea behind extraction is simple: you place some of "whatever" in the PG/VG and leave it (the time will depend on what you are trying to extract, and some experimentation). Then once this is done you should filter it to get rid of the stuff that you should not be vaping.

This link, which I posted above should give you some good ideas and get you going - google should take care of the rest :D

i agree millo would be a very nice vape

How much milo would I put in 20ml of vg and hoe much flavored vg would I get out of that? Maybe leave it a week? Or more?

you cannot make extract of Milo or stuff like that. it contains malted grain powder and soya emulsifier....and artificial flavours.
So you have to experiment with choc flavours and something like malted grain/cereal flavour, like toasted marshmallow.
Extract basically means natural extract.

you cannot make extract of Milo or stuff like that. it contains malted grain powder and soya emulsifier....and artificial flavours.
So you have to experiment with choc flavours and something like malted grain/cereal flavour, like toasted marshmallow.
Extract basically means natural extract.

Darn glad i read this before adding the PG :mask:
Kitten_in_a_jar.jpg

Back