My tips to stop smoking with vaping

Stopped smoking 20 camel filters 15 days ago on the first fast. Have not had a cig since them no craving for it.
Been puffing on a twisp first toasted flavour now on the cherry.
Hope I don't fall off the waggon
Thanks for the awesome forum.
A bit overwhelming all the info on vaping but getting the info I need to move up to the next stage

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Stopped smoking 20 camel filters 15 days ago on the first fast. Have not had a cig since them no craving for it.
Been puffing on a twisp first toasted flavour now on the cherry.
Hope I don't fall off the waggon
Thanks for the awesome forum.
A bit overwhelming all the info on vaping but getting the info I need to move up to the next stage

Well done @mots01,it can be overwhelming, but I find its best to take it one step at time,your doing great and best of luck with moving onto the next stage,any setup your interested in ?

Not sure as yet on set up
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not too sure about all the set up terminology as yet

Not sure as yet on set up
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not too sure about all the set up terminology as yet

Never hesitate to ask.the only stupid question is the one not asked

The joyetech aio is one starter kit I highly recommend,the name is a abbreviation for "all in one" similar to the twisp and very well priced,you can get it from a few local vendors for only R350,it produces very decent vapor and is going to allow you to test different inhale methods,the standard coils that come with the Aio are the joyetech cubis ss316 0.6 ohm coils,they allow a nice mtl(mouth to lung) inhale which is very similar to smoking and to what you have with your twisp,I would urge you to order the cubis ss316 0.5 coils extra to allow you to try more of a DTL(direct to lung) inhale,its like comparing sucking through a thin straw(mtl) and sucking through a big straw(dtl),its important to get used to dtl inhale for you to take the next step(but keep to what works for you,to keep you off the stinkies)

A second option is the highly rated eleaf pico+melo 3 mini kit,I ordered mine today so can't wait to try it out,it comes highly rated by top members of the forum,this kit combined with the vaperesso ccel 0.9ohm ceramic coil is said to have amazing flavor,and the ceramic coils last a lot longer,just be sure to ask the vendor if its part of the new batch because some have had issues with dud coils,be sure to order two 18650 batteries and a external battery charger with the kit so you never have to worry about waiting to vape while the battery charges and also increases your chance of staying stinky free,then lastly doesn't matter what setup you go for make sure you have decent e-liquid,have a look at the the top e-liquids thread for some amazing local juices at far better prices than twisp juices

I hope this helps you with your decision

Thats pretty much what I did to stop smoking, only took me a week to get off the stinkies. Great advice!

Just bought myself Istick Pico

Berry blaze juice
Gotten to like it but would have liked a bit less fruity

I cut down many cigarettes. I tend to still smoke when I drink. My friends are vaping now. So I tend to vape more and smoke less

Just bought myself Istick Pico

Hey @mots01, don't throw away the twisp. I'm currently waiting for some new kit after I lost my egrip II to my wife and had to pull out my twisp aero to get through the waiting period, I changed to the .5 ohm coil and use some blue skyblue juice and it's a much better vape than the stock coil with the twisp juice in my opinion.
All I mean to say is, you never know when you might need a backup.

I cut down many cigarettes. I tend to still smoke when I drink. My friends are vaping now. So I tend to vape more and smoke less
Keep thinking of yourself as a " VAPER" , when u go out for a couple of pints , just "REACH" for your vape....The more you re-inforce this behavior the sooner you'll be of them stinkies .

As a former 40 plus a day smoker, for 32 years (started at 15) i struggled a lot to quit over the years, i had use pipes, chewing tobacco, snus, you name it. Prices kept going up, but always bought the cigs as they were cheap. Then i saw my first twisp, the original leaky ones that had the filler on the side, those had crap life as well, tried and failed with them for months, then went to the new twisps, and the same story, also ubsatisfied, finally found my first ego aio, and that worked, bought a second one, and they were what i can say my first true success, but still, i needed more. The juices were also crap, and i struggled to find one that worked, and then i found the world of eciggsa.

I joined and asked questions, and did research, and eventually got my first kanger topbox, and then a week later a kanger mini, from there i have gone and bought a releaux rx200s, a smok hpriv, a punisher 80, two innokin cells, and coilmaster build kit, a coilmaster vape bag, i have stillaire ss, advken ohmega v2, ud bellus, ehpro billow, 2x bushido drippers...

Until i boughy my first tfv8... it was then that i finally found the right vape for me.

I now have 3 tfv8 and one tfv4, and with these, i have been smoke free now for over 6 months.

Yes i have tried a ciggarette from time to time, more from curiosity, and they hurt my throat, burn my tongue, and generally make me cough and have a horrible taste all over again... i break the filter off whatever one i beg or borrow, just to make sure it Will be as horrible as it can...

As for juices, i have found that high vg works best for me, and high nic as well, but am also using 6mg from time to time.

As to flavours, i dont really care as much as i yet have to find that one that i really enjoy.

My only problem with vaping, is that i have a serious tech and gaming fixation as well, and when its a choice between a 1080 founders edition or that sweet new atty, or rba... i have to choose...

And of course for the last few months every time i visit a vape shop, or a website, my fingers are reachig for that bloody credit card too easily...

But yes, once one finds the vape, the one that works for you personally, i think putting ciggarettes down is actually easy.

At least for me, once i had what worked in my hand...

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

I started Vaping Beginning of April this year but decided I wanted to stop smoking (Winston Red a packet a day) I gave myself 21 days , but decided that I wanted to kick the habit abit sooner. so since Thursday last week I have had about 4 cigarettes and Vaping one way. Totally proud of myself. Thanks to @Stosta for the tips and vape lmao :-D

I started Vaping Beginning of April this year but decided I wanted to stop smoking (Winston Red a packet a day) I gave myself 21 days , but decided that I wanted to kick the habit abit sooner. so since Thursday last week I have had about 4 cigarettes and Vaping one way. Totally proud of myself. Thanks to @Stosta for the tips and vape lmao :-D
Vaping makes quitting ciggies a LOT easier, but it is still really hard to just go cold turkey. I still maintain that the best way to do things is to promise yourself one cigarette a day, eventually a time will come when you forget it, or you just realise that one ciggie a day is pointless, but let it happen on it's own.

From a pack a day to 4 over a five day period is an epic achievement!

Vaping makes quitting ciggies a LOT easier, but it is still really hard to just go cold turkey. I still maintain that the best way to do things is to promise yourself one cigarette a day, eventually a time will come when you forget it, or you just realise that one ciggie a day is pointless, but let it happen on it's own.

From a pack a day to 4 over a five day period is an epic achievement!
Totally agree with you keen be done completely by the end of this week

@Lalla , it can be done quite easily. I did it... NOT !!

Aaaand , yes, I'm lying through my teeth. Actually I'm the worst one to try and preach the cold turkey approach. I coasted through about a 3 or 4 month dual use period before I finally made a conscious decision to pull the plug on my then remaining 2 a day habit. It still took a bit of will-power to finally let go of those last 2 daily 'little comforters' that was part of my life for so long.

I have the utmost respect for people that acquired a vape AND had their last ciggie on the same day. They have much more willpower than I was prepared to exhibit, but at the end of the day, it just comes down to some self-discipline and a bit of willpower. Oh, and an empty pack in my case ;)

Hi @Coldcat . If you can't take the throat hit I suggest the following. Get 6mg juice. Once in a while hold the vapour in your lungs for a few seconds. This action is like someone you know would do with the old giggle twig. You will get a strong nicotine rush, which you can control by exhaling at the right time. In this way you can stay off the stinkies with no problem. You could even use 3mg juice if you have to. Also use high VG, low PG juice as PG also adds to the throat hit. You will however get a little less flavor. Good luck.

@Lalla , it can be done quite easily. I did it... NOT !!

Aaaand , yes, I'm lying through my teeth. Actually I'm the worst one to try and preach the cold turkey approach. I coasted through about a 3 or 4 month dual use period before I finally made a conscious decision to pull the plug on my then remaining 2 a day habit. It still took a bit of will-power to finally let go of those last 2 daily 'little comforters' that was part of my life for so long.

I have the utmost respect for people that acquired a vape AND had their last ciggie on the same day. They have much more willpower than I was prepared to exhibit, but at the end of the day, it just comes down to some self-discipline and a bit of willpower. Oh, and an empty pack in my case ;)
Haha it really is so difficult and i do battle. But i know it's for the best. And if i didn't have the vape i probably wouldn't be able to to quit cold turkey. I actually loved smoking and didn't want to quit but it had to be done .

Back