My vaping is burning a hole in my pocket...

Angelskeeper

Vape Enthusiast
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
As the title says, my vape is burning a hole in my pocket…. and I mean it literally!!

My Pulse Dual, which has been my everyday mod for work for a while now (purely because it has been indestructible and it’s a sqounker!) has taken plenty a beating, survived numerous falls and has never failed to fire and work on demand….

About 2 days ago I picked it up to have a vape and was greeted by a very hot rda.. the cotton wasn’t burnt, so I didn’t think much of it, gave it a squonk and vaped away.

Yesterday, after vaping on it, I put it down and two minutes later Casper decided he wanted a vape, if you haven’t figured it out yet, yes… the dreaded autofire!

Thinking there must be juice in the button, I turned it off, put it in my pocket and went on with my day. Later I turned it on to vape and then without thinking, popped it back in my pocket, as I’ve been doing since day one of having the mod.

Yesterday afternoon, I literally screamed like a girl when my leg suddenly got extremely hot and my pocket started smoking… and when I say smoking, I mean smoking..

The damn thing autofired in my pocket and I didn’t realise it until it gotten so hot that it melted a hole in my pocket!

So last night I decided to take it apart… if any of you have ever disassembled a Pulse Dual then you know what a ***** it is to take apart!

Eventually after being careful not to break anything, I finally got it apart and exposed the fire button…

Once again I was proven wrong, there was no juice on the button, in fact, the button was bone dry..

On closer inspection I noticed that the button itself is fubar!

The various layers of the button have disappeared and must have shorted the button when doing so.

I’m guessing the button had reached end of life and was just tired of being used too often.

I’m going to attempt replacing the button.. its not that I cant solder, I can… the problem lies in the fact that that I have fat fingers and this is one of the smaller boards I have seen in a mod.

If anyone in Cape Town is able to help me out by soldering a new button in place for me, please shout. And no, I don’t trust the cellphone shops, cos the last time I asked them to replace the button on Puma mod, I ended up taking it back 3 times, and then just did the job myself.

I will attempt to do this one as well, but not sure how successful I’m going to be as its small…

Will post again once I’ve attempted it….

20211217_233345.jpg 20211217_233353.jpg 20211217_233403.jpg 20211217_233407.jpg 20211217_234825.jpg

My Luxotic auto fired on me a few years ago when I was a passenger in a car. It is a frightening experience. The mod was fairly new and had never been dropped or abused. Your incident sounds far worse. My first instinct was to throw it out of the car window but fortunately, I realised that I would most likely have enough time to remove the battery. In my case, I decided to not repair it because I know that I would never fully trust it in the future. This might not be entirely logical but my brain just works that way.

Good luck with the repair. Please give us an update once it had been fixed.

Back