Name one thing from your childhood

When the Salisbury Park could no longer have grass around the playground equipment due to the traffic of our feet they tared it. That makes you tougher quicker. LOL.

:)

Salisbury Park has bad memories for me. An Alsation was chained to a pole, and the chain was around his leg, so I went to help him and bent down to untangle his leg, and he grabbed my head in his jaws! Luckily, a chap saw what was happening and ran at full speed and kicked the dog right off my head. I've never been a fan of dogs since that traumatic experience.

:)

Salisbury Park has bad memories for me. An Alsation was chained to a pole, and the chain was around his leg, so I went to help him and bent down to untangle his leg, and he grabbed my head in his jaws! Luckily, a chap saw what was happening and ran at full speed and kicked the dog right off my head. I've never been a fan of dogs since that traumatic experience.
Shame. Sad. And their my favourite dog. I've had about eight. But I was bitten by a Boxer protecting her pups and it was frightening.

Childhood hand-held mirror Mom's.jpg

This was my Mom's mirror, which was always on her dressing-table. It's mine now and I love it! One doesn't get beautiful things like this nowadays.

Older Than Dirt Quiz:
Count all the ones that you remember, not the ones you were told about. Ratings at the bottom.

1. Sweet cigarettes
2. Coffee shops with juke boxes
3. Home milk delivery in glass bottles
4. Party lines on the telephone
5. Newsreels before the movie
6. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning.
(There were only 2 channels [if you were fortunate])
7. Peashooters
8. 33 rpm records
9. 45 RPM records
10. Hi-fi's
11. Metal ice trays with levers
12. Blue flashbulb
13. Cork popguns
14. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-3 = You're still young
If you remembered 3-6 = You are getting older
If you remembered 7-10 = Don't tell your age
If you remembered 11-14 = You're positively ancient!

All fourteen plus 75rpm records. Only problem is it seems normal to have experience it all. LOL.

Back