Name one thing from your childhood

Can anyone tell me what this is? You probably have to be way over 50 to know...
Telex.jpg

Mind is leaving me, telex, yes @Asterix , TelePrompTer is the screen you read from, think I need a double espresso, hands awake but mind still in lalaland

I agree - looks like the tape from a Telex machine @Rob Fisher

I remember seeing one of those when I was a child and asking my dad what it was...

Think it was called a TelePrompTer or something, used to send messages but also to capture data?

Ah yes @Room Fogger I think you're right. I recall where I saw something like this. It was in a movie about WWII (and tht would tie in with the clue which @Rob Fisher gave us, that we must be way over 50 I think he said). Women were employed in the Communications Centre and these papers continuously rolled out of a machine as messages came through.

The CB Radio game was awesome! Who remembers those days?
View attachment 173034

@Rob Fisher , I remember those days
I had a portable handheld one that I took in my car and spoke to my buddies after a night out on the Jol
I would go up this one ridge and could speak to a mate of mine at his house a few km away (line of sight)

It was so cool!

Lol, cellphones of today with WhatsApp make those radios seem quite archaic now

How many of you had one of these! I love the smell of the exploding caps! Kinds reminds me when we blew sh1t up on the border! :)
CapGun.jpg

How many of you had one of these! I love the smell of the exploding caps! Kinds reminds me when we blew sh1t up on the border! :)
View attachment 173054

I had one of these @Rob Fisher !!
Didnt look exactly like that one - but it had the strip roll of caps that made a nice loud pop!
Loved it
Fond memories came rushing in to my mind when I saw that - of the garden at my house when I was a kid
Thanks

Had two of these Remington replica cap guns, they now sell for between $30 and $100 ;(depending on condition. Oh the cowboys and crooks games on the farm. Unfortunately gave them away to younger cousins that destroyed them in less than a month:facepalm:
upload_2019-7-25_20-14-6.jpeg

Back