Name one thing from your childhood

On the farm we had Parquet floors in the lounge and bedrooms .
Don't think ppl like them now.
55610648a98d3b23f5689a614968ec1c.jpg

In the old days most of the clothing was made at home!
View attachment 189689

@Rob Fisher Oh absolutely! My Mom made all our clothes. I remember those patterns, of which she had quite a lot! She also knitted all our jerseyes and gloves. I must say I have so much respect for the abilities of women in the old days. They could cook, bake, sew, darn socks, patch collars, knit, crochet, run the household finances in a frugal way, cultivate a pretty garden etc. etc. They were Superwomen! My greatest regret is that I didn't want to learn from my Mom!!

Nowadays a woman thinks she's Superwoman if she has a corner office, a domestic to clean her home and have dinner prepared for when she gets home and PnP or Woolworths to deliver her groceries. They ain't a touch on the women of yesteryear!!

I wish we had cell phone photography in the 70-80's there was so many images that could have been captured with a Samsung s10 , rather than a Kodak instamatic with 4 rotating flashbulbs.

So yesterday I was vaping some Red pill and that flavour reminded me of something I had in my childhood and this morning I took a pull and it immediately came rushing back, anybody remember these, don't see them much anymore but my grandmother always had these candies in her handbag, never left home without them, and the flavour of them reminds me of Red pill minus the menthol.
591135bae6b13507629b468c7209e00c.jpg
e8d4863ac627e7267170f67c5c99c2b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cotton reel.jpg

I'd forgotten all about this! I used to love doing it - haven't a clue now though, but perhaps that's where my love of crocheting began!

a1301eb54d817c83290d8e3a904b9039.jpg

Used to chase this thing through the streets of Springs during school holidays at my sisters there.
We had an English bulldog(whisky)who always went mad when he heard that ice cream tune kilometers away and then always got the first ice cream

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back