Name one thing from your childhood

Knowledge is Power France is Bacon.jpg

Knowledge is Power France is Bacon_Do you recollect.JPG

My Dad used to mention automatic cars (I'm not sure if we even had automatics at that time) and I thought it means that the car will automatically take you to wherever you wanted to go to.

I was once married to a (then I thought) beautiful English rose. We spoke Afrikaans as home language and so it came to pass that she one day asked me what a ‘tarentaal’ was called in English. Without skipping a beat I enlarged her vocabulary with name “Tarrendactyl”.
Over the years many a client of my beloved thorny hairdresser resorted to the smile and nod response to tales of Tarrendactyls grazing in our garden or crossing the road and her efforts in avoiding colliding with them. Most know better than to question a statement made with such conviction by a member of her specific species. In any case, you would seldom get the opportunity to get a word in sideways during any conversation.
One day, a day that started off as any other, some ignorant yet innocent patron did manage to utter some words of her own, and these words just happened to be ‘Guiney Fowl’.

In the nuclear winter that followed I experienced first hand the aftermath that is said to have led to the extinction of all dinosaurs, not just my beloved cute Tarrendactyls.

Regards

I was confused by the signs outside toilets :

Gents Here
Ladies Dames

I thought that it should be Ladies and Dames Here. Why should the gents be told that the toilet is here and the ladies and dames weren't?

upload_2021-4-16_10-54-16.jpeg
For a few years during and after World War II, he was ubiquitous: a doodle of a big-nosed man, peering over a wall, accompanied by the inscription "Kilroy was here." At the height of his popularity, Kilroy could be found just about everywhere: in bathrooms and on bridges, in school cafeterias and on homework assignments, in the holds of Navy ships and painted on the shells of Air Force missiles. A classic Bugs Bunny cartoon from 1948, "Haredevil Hare," shows just how deeply Kilroy had penetrated into pop culture: thinking he's the first rabbit to land on the moon, Bugs is oblivious to the slogan "Kilroy was here" prominently etched on a rock behind him. [wiki]

Last edited:
8b9ea9439e16ba4b77d928355fc5efde.jpg

Back