Name one thing from your childhood

So do baby humans ;)
It just came to me.
Baby humans might drink full cream milk, but adult humans drink fat free and artificial k@k because everything is made like that nowadays and the only choice you have is not to buy the food stuffs to avoid it.
Next is fat free vape juice!

It just came to me.
Baby humans might drink full cream milk, but adult humans drink fat free and artificial k@k because everything is made like that nowadays and the only choice you have is not to buy the food stuffs to avoid it.
Next is fat free vape juice!

The question is why we drink cows, (or goats), milk, (along with their various byproducts), in the first place ... It's for baby cows, (or goats) :giggle:
Human milk is for humans, to which we naturally become lactose intolerant to greater or lesser degree at around 2 years of age, albeit that the fascination with the "containers" remains forever o_O

I think today we just seeing so much about what is bad for you and brainwashed into believing most of it.

I think today we just seeing so much about what is bad for you and brainwashed into believing most of it.
And they're forcing it onto consumers by taking away freedom of choice.
I quit cola cola, yoghurt etc. Due to these forced choices and a few more products along with that.
'fat free butter but, butter is the milks fat' eish!

Last edited:
And they're forcing it onto consumers by taking away freedom of choice.
I quit cola cola, yoghurt etc. Due to these forced choices and a few more products along with that.
'fat free butter but, butter is the milks fat' wish!

It's not so much that they're taking away our choices, rather it's that we are penalised for preferring the real deal, now with "organic" labels, as it doesn't fit their profit(eering) objectives :mad:

Boeresport dag: tyre gooi
dsc05962.jpg

toutrek
1200px-Toutrek.jpg

sakreisies
goi20150129-093303-025_u44.jpg

Jukskei !
My parents loved this and so I learned from a very young age and played for middle and high-school teams.
A_classic_jukskei_game_2014-02-01_12-20.jpg

Do not forget : kerrie en rys, pannekoek , jaffels , real boerie rolls , jellie en custard and toffieappels!

Boeresport dag: tyre gooi
dsc05962.jpg

toutrek
1200px-Toutrek.jpg

sakreisies
goi20150129-093303-025_u44.jpg

Jukskei !
My parents loved this and so I learned from a very young age and played for middle and high-school teams.
A_classic_jukskei_game_2014-02-01_12-20.jpg

Do not forget : kerrie en rys, pannekoek , jaffels , real boerie rolls , jellie en custard and toffieappels!

@ARYANTO I've never played any of the above games, but I've eaten plenty of the above food!!

o_O You had a library

Before our library opened, we had a travelling library - a van fitted with bookshelves. Oh, how exciting it was when it arrived!

Then our library opened and I would walk there with my Dad. I'm not sure if I was more excited about the library, or about the cafe on the corner where I could spy the cool guys playing pinball!

The Men from the Ministry

The Men from the Ministry
(1969–1985) – "the bowler, briefcase and brolly brigade"; produced by Tom Meehan, starring John Simpson, Roger Service, Maureen Adair, Tommy Reed, Frank Graham, Tom Meehan, and Pat Simpson; adapted from the BBC radio series
A South African adaptation of the series was also produced in Durban by the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), featuring similar main characters (Roland Lennox-Brown and Richard Lamb) but using local actors. Additional characters also made regular appearances including South Asian immigrant Rampersad Haribhai Spoonilal V Muckerjee and elderly working class couple Humbert and Lolita Snethersthwaite. Produced by father/son team Tom Meehan and Brian Squires for Springbok Radio between 1968 and 1985, and Radio South Africa from 1993 to 1995, the series eventually ran to about 900 episodes. After the demise of Springbok Radio in 1985, 71 episodes were subsequently re-recorded and broadcast on the SABC's Radio South Africa, this time produced by Don Ridgway.

The Creaking Door

The Creaking Door was an old-time radio series of horror and suspense shows originating in South Africa.

The Goon Show (needs no explanation)

Taxi

Taxi was a comedy radio program aired by Springbok Radio of South Africa. It is about the “trials and tribulations of a New York taxi driver,” with pals Chuck Edwards and Red Kowalski as the main characters. Also in the show was Myrtle, the girlfriend of Chuck.

Test the Team

Vat hom Fanie. :)

We had to be in bed when it finished, but my older brother was allowed to stay up for the next one which was Creaking Door if I remember it right.

Oh, yes!! I loved that one too!!!

Back