Name one thing from your childhood

PLACO FLIPPY the FROGMAN Baking Soda propelled diver
I had one similar to this. Anyone else remember something similar.
placo-flippy-frogman-scuba-diver_1_c67ac95e86b6d0a5b7259e28f6f6c97c.jpg

To my SADF makkers , we all knew how to make a gyppo tickey in the 70's ,80's ....
our version of unlimited airtime ;)

To my SADF makkers , we all knew how to make a gyppo tickey in the 70's ,80's ....
our version of unlimited airtime ;)
We had one in our camp. As a roofie, you were only to use it after midnight, jippo tiekie tied to the "return" knob. One morning the RSM got us all on parade at five in the morning. Apparently telkom complained that a very large amount of calls were made on the phone but only about R5 was found in the coin box.
We were chased up and down Gypsy hill until noon, no culprit showed, ja right, infantry and all and all.
The next morning we were called to orders again. The RSM glowing red from a distance. (He knew some normal words but the majority of his vocabulary consisted of variations of the words F**k and M**r.) This time his complaint was that the tiekie box, all of it, has disappeared.
Gypsy hill here we came again. The mistake was, as roofies, we were very paraat, however, giving us opvok with the "ou manne" opened our eyes. by ten we were also as naafie as shit. No more running, just casually strolling along as by their example.
By noon the RSM needed a dop and we were set free. Next morning the tiekie box was back, installed and functioning. Never heard a complaint again.
Eisch, those were the days...

Regards

Back