Name one thing from your childhood

For all of you I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.myabandonware.com/

I'm just saying in advance, there are some things that are best left in the memory banks, and playing old games is more often than not a disappointing experience!
I will not be wasting any more of my employers bandwith on EcigsSA today :)
Syndicate still rates as one of my all time favourite games.

Leisure suite LARRY

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

@Silver @RenaldoRheeder sometimes I feel like ignoring this thread because it makes me feel so old!! e.g. a post about floppy disks. Someone had that as a child? Heavens, I was an adult when "ordinary" people started using computers. Oh me, oh my ... :tejeqteje:

Oh wow, I nearly forgot about Plasticine! I spent 100's of hours playing with it... I made play Thunderbirds with them and played for hours! Thunderbirds are Go! And on the Black and White TV in Rhodesia they spoke English. :)
Plasticine.jpg

The good old day
7bfdd8e3ec6e1eb0a91b19760a6e3a32.jpg
a95eb6a3e5e65002c2597b747caa0536.jpg
642a0ce1af71634f53a58065d3364995.jpg
a7e26c61d5148e7fc6600939f55452a8.jpg
bafb63a76979c8ee4ed3bdf4091c65f3.jpg
45c3957820443587e43a6e0288e931df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Abucus.jpg

@Moto1 Your post reminded me of the abacus. I loved playing with this as a child, though I don't know if it did anything for my math.

The first town in which I lived in China was a small town and although the shops had electronic cash registers, many of the cashiers used an abacus. I asked my Chinese friend why and she said that for them it was much faster! And yes ... the way they handled it made my eyes pop!

92e31671c5c1d22cd44ae3cebafcdcb8.jpg

This was a big thing when we were kids - photograph with Father Xmas. I didn't have a beard then

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Oh what a cute little boy you were! And now you're a cute big boy!

And of course you didn't go home without a lucky packet - or was it a lucky box - with all kinds of junk in it! Wonder if they still make them?

@Silver @RenaldoRheeder sometimes I feel like ignoring this thread because it makes me feel so old!! e.g. a post about floppy disks. Someone had that as a child? Heavens, I was an adult when "ordinary" people started using computers. Oh me, oh my ... :tejeqteje:

Yes, and I still have all my old floppy discs. 365k in size. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a stiffy drive (1.44 MB) for the first time!.......lol :p

Yes, and I still have all my old floppy discs. 365k in size. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a stiffy drive (1.44 MB) for the first time!.......lol :p

Is there any way that you could access the data on those floppies?

Is there any way that you could access the data on those floppies?

Previously, yes, but I got rid of the old stiffy drive and the big floppy drive. A collector begged me for them as they were both in perfect working order, but I refused to let him take my discs. I still have a full original set of Windows 3.1 installation stiffy discs.

Back