NC v2 not adjusting

Altrise1

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Help guys! My cricket is currently only firing at 100% of the potentiometer even if my dial is on 0.I've tried switching batteries, switching to unregulated series and paralell, it still does not adjuts like it used to.

Google'd up some fixes,even removed the dial and and turned the potentiometer with a screw driver, it still fires as if its at 100%.

Can anyone help with this ?

Hi @Altrise1

Sorry to hear about your cricket

Be patient - I know there are several Noisy Cricket vapers on the forum - lets wait for them to see if they can help or advise

Help guys! My cricket is currently only firing at 100% of the potentiometer even if my dial is on 0.I've tried switching batteries, switching to unregulated series and paralell, it still does not adjuts like it used to.

Google'd up some fixes,even removed the dial and and turned the potentiometer with a screw driver, it still fires as if its at 100%.

Hi, what ohms are the coils u using reading at?

Hi, what ohms are the coils u using reading at?
Hi, it's not an issue with resistance bud.I usually run coils that ohm out at .25, but also run coils than ohm at around .14 in series regulated with pot close to 0.it normally runs in any resistance, until the other day.tried various attys as well but still the same issue...

I haven't owned a ncv2 for a while as I switched to a hex ohm.

If I recall, the top sticker thingy may hide a screw head to open the top of the mod. (Not sure if this is true though)
If so, I suspect it's a matter of opening it up and checking the potentiometer for a make/model number and finding one at an electronics store that can be swapped out for a new one.

Also, the new potentiometer may not work if the circuitry that in the board for the potentiometer is broken. I have seen a pot not working on another device that would lead any logical person to believe it's the potentiometer that is faulty but when swapping the pot the mod did the same. It's possible that the board has a short somewhere between the pot and power delivery and the default is just to fire at 100%

With this in mind I would suggest it may be more time and effort to try fix this issue than just replace the mod.

Just my thoughts.

Back