NCR18650B slightly swollen negative

Daniel

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
as title says , I noticed the battery is slightly swollen on the negative flat top side , difficult to explain but if I stand the battery upright on that side it's "wobbly" , not like my Efest that sits flat on the table.

I have been using the battery exclusively on the SVD only , no mech mods (love my face too much ;p)

Should I just chuck the batt or is it still safe to use , only vape at max 13W ?

Might it be the charger I'm using , it's one of those TrustFire jobbies the two bay model nr TR-001 ?
My I4 is on it's way from FT but I fear it will still be a while , don't want to bugger up my Efests with the charger I know it does not have overcharge protection so I watch the little LED like a hawk ....

Any advise will be appreciated ...

Post a pic so we can see :)

that's the thing it so difficult to see with the naked eye , will try upload a quick video ....

I have to agree with @Yiannaki

R200 for a new battery
R200 000 for facial reconstruction

Personally I'd go with the first option, but I'm paranoid when it comes to batteries ;)

Thx guys , ok so how do I dump this bad girl ?

@Daniel maybe buy her dinner first and let her down easy :p

It depends on where you are. You need to find an e-waste bin, they are usually located near larger shops (usually ones that sell electronics) - I know that most Makro's have them (which is where I dump my stuff). Many large malls also have them nowadays.

Have a look on this site for info on finding a suitable location :D

Well i would start with a light dinner. And then also remember they wine... :D

There is recycling bins at just about every pick n pay latley. You can just dump it into the battery bin

I'm scared that she will make a scene at a public place , best to do it after hours when nobody is there :p

Back