Need help with my Double Barrel

Safz_b

Clouds, Clouds, Clouds of Flavour!!!
LV

Awards
The display screen on my double barrel has dimmed out it started slowly and now its so dim I can't see anything on it

Does anybody know how to fix the problem??

Sounds like you may have some liquid damage or the screen just had its time and the mission is now finding a spare screen try taking the mod to someome or just open it up too check for liquid damage good luck buddy

The display screen on my double barrel has dimmed out it started slowly and now its so dim I can't see anything on it
Does anybody know how to fix the problem??

I seem to recall that it has a backlit LCD, or should I rather say side lit, (by a small LED). The top cover and display cover are badly sealed, so chances are high that it's dirt and or juice shielding that LED up against the side of the display, or even a dirty screen cover, (attached to the top cover).
I highly doubt that the LED has failed or is in the process of failing ... and when you reassemble it, use a TINY amount of silicone rubber around the top cover and on the screen cover edges, (if you remove it).

Hmm so I need to take it apart.
Is it something easy to do?
I dont mind doing it myself but I dont wanna damage the mod itself
Or who knows where i can take it to sort it out
I kinda like being able to see my wattage and battery

Jai took one apart in his review. Seems easy enough.

It's very easy ... only two screws hold that top cover in place ... once you have the top cover off, you can separate the "double decker" pcbs and clean the top one thoroughly.

I seem to recall that it has a backlit LCD, or should I rather say side lit, (by a small LED). The top cover and display cover are badly sealed, so chances are high that it's dirt and or juice shielding that LED up against the side of the display, or even a dirty screen cover, (attached to the top cover).
I highly doubt that the LED has failed or is in the process of failing ... and when you reassemble it, use a TINY amount of silicone rubber around the top cover and on the screen cover edges, (if you remove it).
Listen to @Intuthu Kagesi . He is our resident engineer/clever Trevor who fixed my D/B's and other equipment ;)

Back