Need help with my Mr Owl RDA.

theoS

PANDA
LV

Awards
i have a mr owl dripper 24 g kanthal duel 6 turns reading at 0.37 ohm running it at 40 w on an evic vt but still not getting big clouds can some one plz help me o and i used 2.5 dia

Hi. It depends on how much *big* cloud you are referring to.
From my experience. 0.38ohms at 2.5mm will give you a decent amount of vapor.

Hi. It depends on how much *big* cloud you are referring to.
From my experience. 0.38ohms at 2.5mm will give you a decent amount of vapor.
im using 30pg 70 vg juice could it be that tjat i should rather use 10/90 and wt is the difference in kanthal thickness do

im geting more clouds out of my 0.6 ohm subtank on 20 w then on my dripper

I'm not familiar with the Mr Owl but by looking at it I would say it's not a cloud chasing RDA, clouds like big airflow and high VG juice. The build you have on there should be chucking a decent cloud but may be limited by the amount of air reaching the coils.

owl Pic 1-500x500.jpg

I'm not familiar with the Mr Owl but by looking at it I would say it's not a cloud chasing RDA, clouds like big airflow and high VG juice. The build you have on there should be chucking a decent cloud but may be limited by the amount of air reaching the coils.

View attachment 36499
okay so then what type of rda am i looking for for cloud chasing

im geting more clouds out of my 0.6 ohm subtank on 20 w then on my dripper
That doesn't sound right at all.
Mr owl RDA doesn't look like a suitable RDA for huge clouds. However, it should be producing more clouds than the 20w subtank in my opinion.

That doesn't sound right at all.
Mr owl RDA doesn't look like a suitable RDA for huge clouds. However, it should be producing more clouds than the 20w subtank in my opinion.
how many watts is one suppose to run it on

okay so then what type of rda am i looking for for cloud chasing
I'm not a cloud chaser so can't really give you advice on that but what I can tell you is that the Velocity RDA can alter the climate in a room, and it's delivers pretty decent flavour too. If you're open to looking at RTAs then the Goblin Mini or Billow v2 should definitely be on your list ;)

I cant tell as I've never used the Owl RDA. But your build looks alright for satisfying amount of vapor for my good.
Align the coils directly in front of the airflow? Just cant tell if they are already or not.

I cant tell as I've never used the Owl RDA. But your build looks alright for satisfying amount of vapor for my good.
Align the coils directly in front of the airflow? Just cant tell if they are already or not.
yeah thay are thingk maybe im not using the right vg pg mix

and if you have an unlimited supply of juice the Smok TFV4 is a real weather machine :)
lol true but i heard from the guys at eciggies u have to run that baby atleast at 80w if u whant to make it look like a storm

@BumbleBee Let's not even go there:eek:
@theoS I believe velocity and the mutation has great airflow. Phenotype L looks like my next one for huge airflow.
Watch out for those low ohm builds!:talking:

The "ohm" you refer to is a measure of the resistance. And because you are using a regulated device there is no need to build a super low resistance coil as you can adjust the power up or down using your mod (Evic VT).

Try some plain old VG from the local pharmacy etc, that should give those dense clouds you seek. You could also drill out the airholes on the owl to allow for more air intake, although you will probably sacrifice the flavour. And in future please try to use a more descriptive title for your post "why why why" is not okay. And that's why I'm going to edit it. :)

Try it with less cotton. I think you are smothering your airflow with too much cotton there. It's a lot like the idea on the Terminator, and they do give okay clouds, if not flavor.

@theoS I Believe that somewhere it this community you will always and most definitely find answers to your vape related questions. However something I would like to point out is that for maximum clouds your juice needs to be INSIDE your atty, and not on the mod :p

OK now with that being said, let me climb back in my wormhole :p

Looks like too much cotton to me - spaced coil and just enough cotton could work a real treat there, let the coils have their space on the deck, that way vapour can escape from all around the coil. Just from my experience

Had another look at your pics - it seems your coils are angled in a way that puts the cotton on the extreme outside of the coil right in front of the airflow, maybe try get the coils into the centre or the build deck too?

Hi @theoS

Just saw this now

Not sure if this will help you but at 40Watts, that means you pushing 20 watts into each of those coils (i assume they are parallel).

20 watts into a 24g wire coil sounds like too little power. I am no expert here but that wire is very thick. I doubt its even heating up to its max after a second or two of 20W. Maybe try with more power on the exact same build.

Back