Need some advice with coils

Couts1990

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi there, i recently purchased a Smok Priv V8 , I'm quite happy with the device but im having major issues with the coils, I buy the ones from smok , the M2 - 0.25 watts . Now im burning through coils like crazy , some are lasting me a day . I have no idea what im doing wrong, i prime the coils properly and then let it sit in the tank for 10-20 minutes to saturate. I make sure never to let my tank get too empty ( i try keep the level about the intakes at all times ). And im getting no warning that the coil is going , ill be happily vaping , no problems , great flavor and smoke , and then suddenly i get this like fizzing noise. And the coil is burnt. Its happening over and over and i have no idea why its driving me insane.

Any advice or explanation from anyone with similar issues would be much appreciated.

Hi there, i recently purchased a Smok Priv V8 , I'm quite happy with the device but im having major issues with the coils, I buy the ones from smok , the M2 - 0.25 watts . Now im burning through coils like crazy , some are lasting me a day . I have no idea what im doing wrong, i prime the coils properly and then let it sit in the tank for 10-20 minutes to saturate. I make sure never to let my tank get too empty ( i try keep the level about the intakes at all times ). And im getting no warning that the coil is going , ill be happily vaping , no problems , great flavor and smoke , and then suddenly i get this like fizzing noise. And the coil is burnt. Its happening over and over and i have no idea why its driving me insane.

Any advice or explanation from anyone with similar issues would be much appreciated.
@Couts1990 Hey bud,its a common problem with Smok coils thats why I dont have any smok tanks anymore,I very usefull tip that was tried and tested,use a thin pin and poke holes through the cotton/wick,there should be 4 wick slots so poke a hole in each,this will allow the juice to reach the coil and avoid burning,I usually did it while the coil was saturated but have heard of people doing it on a new coil as well when the cotton is dry,I think Rip Trippers also have a youtube video showing how to do it,hope you come right otherwise just do what I do,buy a RTA

Hey thanks for the reply . So its a general thing with these coils and not something im doing wrong then.i've watched reviews online and they like "ive been using this coil for 1-2 weeks " and im thinking wtf lol. I had a look at the little trick with making holes through the slots in the side , Will give that a go and see how it goes, hopefully that does the trick , Otherwise ill have to look at RTA because at 80-100 bucks a pop i cant be replacing coils every 1-3 days.

By the way , any chance you would know if an RTA would work on the device i have? Pretty new to vaping so not too sure if it would work or if i'd need to buy a whole new device again?

Thanks for the response and advice, Much appreciated.

By the way , any chance you would know if an RTA would work on the device i have?

Any RTA, RDA, RDTA will fit on the 510 connector. Just take note of the watts. I see it goes up to 60W so you won't be able to build more than one coil. Not a problem if you are after flavour. Just won't be able to blow monster clouds.

Hey thanks for the reply . So its a general thing with these coils and not something im doing wrong then.i've watched reviews online and they like "ive been using this coil for 1-2 weeks " and im thinking wtf lol. I had a look at the little trick with making holes through the slots in the side , Will give that a go and see how it goes, hopefully that does the trick , Otherwise ill have to look at RTA because at 80-100 bucks a pop i cant be replacing coils every 1-3 days.

By the way , any chance you would know if an RTA would work on the device i have? Pretty new to vaping so not too sure if it would work or if i'd need to buy a whole new device again?

Thanks for the response and advice, Much appreciated.
I answer this question the same way to all new vapers asking about a first RTA.
The OBS Engine RTA,an easy build,no leaks,good flavor and reasonably priced.
All the OBS tanks are winners in my book.The Engine is a dual coil,the Nano is single and the Mini goes both ways.
The coil deck is so easy to build and they virtually wick themselves. I own a couple of dozen tanks so I've a bit of experience with a veritity of decks and while the OBS tanks are easy building on they still deliver a great vape.A rebuildable tank is the way to go no matter which one you settle on,good luck!

Hi @Couts1990!

Few things are worse than burning your coils, there goes money out the window! :rolleyes:

I’ve just started learning how to build a RDA, and I put my first one together 2 days ago. I’m loving it!

RDAs are not for everyone as you need to drip pretty frequently, whereas a tank (RTA) obviously gets filled up with liquid. It’s really up to you, your style of vaping and what you want to get out of it!

Thanks for the replies people , i really appreciate it. Like i said currently trying the poking holes method. Otherwise i'll move over to an RTA , i see there is even an rta deck available for the tank i have.

I try different juices but mostly NCV juices as its friends of mine who started that line.

I own a cloud beast and and had burning and leaking issues.
The leaking issue was fixed by putting a rubber ring on top. For the burnt coils I just rebuild them(yes I rebuilt the readymade coils, it's not that difficult). I wait for at least 10 seconds between two puffs for the juices to flow back to the coil. Also I don't go over 100 watts.

Also luckily the smok beast comes with a rba deck. You can order a rba deck for your tank as well. That can be a solution. That way you won't have to buy a new tank.

Also I have a few baby beast coils which I purchased by mistake and cannot return. So pm me if interested.

Back