Need some help with potentially fake batteries

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi

I have 3 LG HG2 batteries here that look suspect, i need the forum to help me please

These photos are from the top part of the batteries if something else is needed please ask.

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

Thank you

Hard to say from pics, @kimbo, but the usual symptom is if the battery is underweight or (in the case of chocs) if the white insulator is shiny rather than dull/matte. The leg configuration is correct, chocs have four legs. There is something funny going on with those dents in the wrap but that might just be an individual fault.

Do you have legit chocs to hand? Maybe weigh a legit choc and then these, they should be within about 0.5g of each other. And then compare the colour of the brown wrapper. Fakes often have a slightly different shade of brown.

Hard to say from pics, @kimbo, but the usual symptom is if the battery is underweight or (in the case of chocs) if the white insulator is shiny rather than dull/matte. The leg configuration is correct, chocs have four legs. There is something funny going on with those dents in the wrap but that might just be an individual fault.

Do you have legit chocs to hand? Maybe weigh a legit choc and then these, they should be within about 0.5g of each other. And then compare the colour of the brown wrapper. Fakes often have a slightly different shade of brown.

Nothing at hand :(

Should look like this

9645533fcb3d8ef33aec636d84e637ce.jpg

faf2289b4e9f5c47e953b55008d42b29.jpg

Sent from my Note 4

OK, weights are good but that is not proof that they are legit. Are the white insulators shiny or a dull finish? Fakes are usually a high gloss finish.

Also check the printing quality on the wrap. Fakes often use lower-def printing which will give more of a 'dot matrix' feel to the print. Although again it's difficult unless you have a proven legit choc to compare with.

IMG_2011.JPG

Authentic on the left has bigger vent holes than the clone. Both have Matt white insulators.

I've been looking at these pics for way too long now, something just doesn't look right here. 1 & 2 appear to be different from 3. And it looks like they have been abused somehow. It almost looks like they were used in a mech mod which dented the terminals in and then someone tried to pry them out with some sort of tool. I am no battery expert by any means but from what I know and have seen I'm going to say 1 & 2 are fake, the jury is out on 3, that one looks like it may be legit.

Chuck it. Rather loose a few bucks than have your face blasted off

Its from a client so i am not very sure

Now you say they died in a Mod , is the mod a 3 cell mod like Rx200 or triade? If so have you tried checking each individual battery in a single cell mod?

My chocs weigh 46.02 and pinks 46.44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back