Need to replace some old kit

Pyro

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Looking for some advice from the community.

I've been using mainly my old uwell crown (1) for the last few months with the rebuilable coil.

Pretty decent and not as juice hungry as the pre-built.

Then as a backup I had 2 old joyetech ego tanks also with the clr rebuilable coils.

In a fairly short amount of time (after years of no breaks) I wrecked both the uwell glasses as well as 1 of the egos.

What (modern) RTAs would give a similar or better value than the uwell?

Most of my vaping on there was around 50W in a mix of MTL a DL. Not too bothered about clouds. Generally mix my juices 70/30.

Crucial that the tank can be casually pocketed without leaking.

---

Was considering something like a ijoy combo 2 rdta, but that might be a bit of a big jump, and all my working mods are single cell, so might not be able to satisfy its power.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looking for some advice from the community.

I've been using mainly my old uwell crown (1) for the last few months with the rebuilable coil.

Pretty decent and not as juice hungry as the pre-built.

Then as a backup I had 2 old joyetech ego tanks also with the clr rebuilable coils.

In a fairly short amount of time (after years of no breaks) I wrecked both the uwell glasses as well as 1 of the egos.

What (modern) RTAs would give a similar or better value than the uwell?

Most of my vaping on there was around 50W in a mix of MTL a DL. Not too bothered about clouds. Generally mix my juices 70/30.

Crucial that the tank can be casually pocketed without leaking.

---

Was considering something like a ijoy combo 2 rdta, but that might be a bit of a big jump, and all my working mods are single cell, so might not be able to satisfy its power.

My personal top 3 that are affordable are:
Manta RTA
Zeus RTA (Both Single & Dual)
Kensei RTA

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

My personal top 3 that are affordable are:
Manta RTA
Zeus RTA (Both Single & Dual)
Kensei RTA

That's my problem - everything looks very similar, but all 3 of those look decent.

The Zeus single seems like a safe bet to work under 70W.
I'm considering trying a Blitzen as well.

My old Joyetech Cuboid has been gathering dust for at least a year. That can comfortably do 100W+, but it got the 'atomizer short' issue...
Might just squeeze off some time in December to properly troubleshoot that. Haven't really needed it since getting the rebuildable crown.

That's my problem - everything looks very similar, but all 3 of those look decent.

The Zeus single seems like a safe bet to work under 70W.
I'm considering trying a Blitzen as well.

My old Joyetech Cuboid has been gathering dust for at least a year. That can comfortably do 100W+, but it got the 'atomizer short' issue...
Might just squeeze off some time in December to properly troubleshoot that. Haven't really needed it since getting the rebuildable crown.
I really enjoy the Manta, it's the Reload RTA with a lot more airflow, as well as the build deck is pure pleasure.

They all have their own Cons & Pros.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Zeus Single from Jurgens.

First coil was a bit over eager. Think the shaft I rolled it on was something like 5mm and legs too short. Shorted inside... And I'm sure the wick would've been too tight into the juice wells.

Second coil was better - 3mm coming in at 1 Ohm. I'll definitely use fewer winds in the next one.

3mm wick seems just right to fit into the juice well. So far only got slight leakage while I left the top open for a long time. Once it's closed it seems solid.

As for building, the only catch so far seems to pay attention to the direction you wind. I don't recall this being an issue in my other rebuildables.

---

Flavour (at 1 ohm) is OK. Definitely need to go lower to get proper flavour.

It's a related mod, but pulling 6V+ from a single cell feels wrong, so I'm just over 35W.

My other current limit is probably my boring mix. I've got a few different peach/mango combinations with ws23 and Koolada. The little bit of other juice I had was awesome.

First coil was a bit over eager. Think the shaft I rolled it on was something like 5mm and legs too short. Shorted inside... And I'm sure the wick would've been too tight into the juice wells.

Second coil was better - 3mm coming in at 1 Ohm. I'll definitely use fewer winds in the next one.

3mm wick seems just right to fit into the juice well. So far only got slight leakage while I left the top open for a long time. Once it's closed it seems solid.

As for building, the only catch so far seems to pay attention to the direction you wind. I don't recall this being an issue in my other rebuildables.

---

It's a related mod, but pulling 6V+ from a single cell feels wrong, so I'm just over 35W.

My other current limit is probably my boring mix. I've got a few different peach/mango combinations with ws23 and Koolada. The little bit of other juice I had was awesome.

Hi @Pyro
Have a look at the following thread:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/zeus-dual.t49508/
Its more on the dual but a lot of commentary on the single too
Might give you some tips and pointers

---

Should have given you some fused claptons when you came to pickup the tank.

Clapton build with ID: 3mm loves that tank

Should have given you some fused claptons when you came to pickup the tank.

Clapton build with ID: 3mm loves that tank
The Clapton I've got is quite a thin wire, and I did something like 6 winds.

Can definitely get fatter one for this deck.

As I mentioned, I'm quite outdated with what's 'normal' these days, so I'll definitely get one of those assorted coil kits to check out the variety.

Overall loving the Zeus though.

Back