Nets (naturally Extracted Tobaccos)

RezaD

Puff Daddy / "It's all about the vape!!!"
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Seeing that juices like HHV and Nicoticket are all the rave because of the NET ingredients I decided to look into this but before I go any further I have a question.

The fact that it is extracted from real tobacco does that not mean it carries over of all the risks and chemicals associated with real tobacco? Surely it is not only the flavour that seeps into your base liquid? What about all the other hazardous toxins found in ciggarettes?

Are these not maybe the juices that are giving ecigs a bad name as they are possibly the cause for all those supposed "carcinogens" found in recent "studies"?

Safe or not?

thats a very good question @RezaD

im also keen on the answer from our experienced guys

There can be trace carcinogens known as Tobacco Specific Nitrosamines (TSNA's)

I think @RevnLucky7 should chime in here, seems he is quite clued up on this subject

OOPS too late!

Beat me to it :)
Whenever you have a real tobacco juice, it is likely to contain some amount of TSNA's
These TSNA'a is what gives off that realistic flavor.

It's true to say that by using e-cigs we are aiming to reduce the risk versus smoking tobacco, but there is still a risk.

But let me pose another question.
Do you really know what's in the liquid you've been vaping over the last year or so?
I don't think many people realize that many flavorants out there are not safe for inhalation. Are all e-liquid manufactures and mix masters ensuring that their products are indeed safe? That the nicotine they are supplied with is indeed what it says on the label? That the "labs" they are mixing in aren't in fact kitchens and dinner tables their kids just ate on an hour ago?

Yet we buy these products, stick them in our tanks and vape away without second thought in an effort to safe a little bit of money. Who's afraid of a few TSNA's?

Pleasure

here's a little extract from that article

As these data show, the level of tobacco-specific nitrosamines present in electronic cigarettes is at the trace level. It is measurable in parts per trillion (nanograms per gram). It is comparable to the nitrosamine levels in nicotine replacement products which are approved by the FDA.

So you might add another few parts per trillion when you use NET's, but I suspect if you drive behind a diesel truck on the highway you probably get more carcinogens in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust

love the replies, thanks guys

@RezaD order them juices :)

In essence, looking at what the 2 learned gentlemen above say, I think we inhale more dangerous air polutants in Gauteng than what are in e-liquids, tobaccos as well as other flavours.

Yep, it boils down again to a previous post of mine in another thread - yep you can avoid TSNA's completely by vaping flavour free juice with no nicotine.

But then you might as well cut out salt, coke, coffee, red meat, alcohol and about a million other products that we consume daily, all of them not 100% healthy and many of them containing trace amounts of carcinogens.

But then life would be no fun at all :)

Pleasure

As these data show, the level of tobacco-specific nitrosamines present in electronic cigarettes is at the trace level. It is measurable in parts per trillion (nanograms per gram). It is comparable to the nitrosamine levels in nicotine replacement products which are approved by the FDA.

So you might add another few parts per trillion when you use NET's, but I suspect if you drive behind a diesel truck on the highway you probably get more carcinogens in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust

That is true, driving behind a truck definitely makes me feel sick. E-cigs and e-juices will be under question for a while and I just want the correct answers. ;-)

That is true, driving behind a truck definitely makes me feel sick. E-cigs and e-juices will be under question for a while and I just want the correct answers. ;-)
Truthfully, for me the biggest unknown at the moment is not the PG/VG or Nicotine, but the flavourants - except with a few exceptions, no chemicals in the flavourings have been studied when it comes to inhalation.

I believe more chemicals will be found in these flavourants that could cause issues (like Diacetyl), but once again, we will be talking about trace amounts - besides, how bad can it be if I feel this much better after I switched to vaping?

This is the stick of it...

...besides, how bad can it be if I feel this much better after I switched to vaping?

Join the IM'PROOF movement here: http://www.improofmovement.com/

I will finish off with this and pardon losing my professionalism:

but FCUK our government for regulating e-liquid under the Tobacco and related substances act and classifying it as a schedule 2/3 drug that can only be sold by a pharmacist. If these products are related, then I'm a pharmacist.

Pleasure

Great analogy, I was going to also mention trace elements which are statistically irrelevant, hell lets put any random food or drink item under a microscope and you will find many of these same trace elements.

But don't believe anything I say, best to do your own research.

Great analogy, I was going to also mention trace elements which are statistically irrelevant, hell lets put any random food or drink item under a microscope and you will find many of these same trace elements.

But don't believe anything I say, best to do your own research.

Yep, there are trace amounts of mysomines in peanuts and hazelnuts
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf9801419?journalCode=jafcau

And I definitely agree - do your own research, make up your own mind - posts in an e-cig forum is obviously going to be pro e-cigs :)

Thanks for all the replies.......much appreciated - all of you who have responded.

If @johan says it's fine.....I'll go with it!!!:D He's already got me into all other kinds of trouble.....let's not stop him now....

Obviously the next question is............... where do I find quality tobacco leaves............. I used to smoke 20 Winston Red analogs a day.....:blush:

Thanks for all the replies.......much appreciated - all of you who have responded.

If @johan says it's fine.....I'll go with it!!!:D He's already got me into all other kinds of trouble.....let's not stop him now....

Obviously the next question is............... where do I find quality tobacco leaves............. I used to smoke 20 Winston Red analogs a day.....:blush:
By the time you have found some tobacco leaves they have probably already been treated with thousands of chemicals - just grow your own :)

20 Winston Red's?
I'd say try extracting from a two week old pair of socks. Should be close enough :)

By the time you have found some tobacco leaves they have probably already been treated with thousands of chemicals - just grow your own :)

OK...... so where do I find the seeds/seedlings and no wacky weed please...

Oh and if you think customs are tough on us now, try bringing in crates of tobacco leaves.
Write parsley on the waybill and declaration.

20 Winston Red's?
I'd say try extracting from a two week old pair of socks. Should be close enough :)

I guess a two week old pair of socks could give you a kick!:p

Back