New DIYER

Zadiac when making your own eliquid, whtmat is it when they refer to crock pot steeping? And how is it done?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Okay cool, where do you guys source your liquids from?? At a discount ;)

Hey @Calvin305

I would recommend you spend some time checking out some diy videos on youtube, it helped me quite a bit, i knew so much even before i did my first mix...

Then get some quick shake and vape recipes that are easy to make, you should sign up to eliquid-recipes.com or you can pm me, i wouldnt mind helping out

Know what ingredients you need start off small but buy decent stuff so you wont be disappointed and you will be able to check reviews on the well known concentrates

No need to buy diy kits when you can get everything you need at a pharmacy and at home...

Vapeowave is good for your first purchase due to thier 10ml concentrates being the cheapest in sa, but they dont have a huge variety as valley vapour which os my number 1 stop diy shop lol, for larger quantities of eliquids valley vapour will be cheaper, never had any issues with them...

Once the above is in order, start mixing, get people to taste, remember taste is subjective, they might not like it but you might also start of mixing small bathches to test and if you happy then go crazy, this will save you from wasting precious ingredients

Thats all i can think of this time of the night lol, anything let me know, always willing to help fellow vapers

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Zadiac when making your own eliquid, whtmat is it when they refer to crock pot steeping? And how is it done?

Basically it's having your eliquid in a container inside a pot with warm water (very low heat). Personally, I think applying any heat above 35 degrees celcius is too much and will cause the nicotine to oxidize. Very low heat and constant stirring is what I think is best. Slow stirring for hours will let the flavors mix well together and then steeping for up to 3 weeks.
There are very different opinions everywhere on how it should be done, but the above is how I do mine. I don't steep that long as I don't have enough patience for that. I vape the juice within 5 or 6 days after mixing......lol
Some flavors can be vaped very soon after mixing, like some fruit flavors, but tobacco and desserts normally have to steep for a week or more to fully reach it's potential.
There are others that will disagree with me, but this is my take on it.

Basically it's having your eliquid in a container inside a pot with warm water (very low heat). Personally, I think applying any heat above 35 degrees celcius is too much and will cause the nicotine to oxidize. Very low heat and constant stirring is what I think is best. Slow stirring for hours will let the flavors mix well together and then steeping for up to 3 weeks.
There are very different opinions everywhere on how it should be done, but the above is how I do mine. I don't steep that long as I don't have enough patience for that. I vape the juice within 5 or 6 days after mixing......lol
Some flavors can be vaped very soon after mixing, like some fruit flavors, but tobacco and desserts normally have to steep for a week or more to fully reach it's potential.
There are others that will disagree with me, but this is my take on it.
Agreed

Many different ways of steeping, but you'll get there , just start off with shake and vape juices then throw in some juices that needs steeping

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Haha my idea of steeping at first, just going to shake up the juice, open it up and let it steep a bit, and repeat lol. Was thinking of getting things like bavarian cream, sweet cream, vanilla custard, fruit circles, dragon fruit (to make sucker punch) i have played around a lot with the ejuice me up calculator. And been checking the clone juices.

Haha my idea of steeping at first, just going to shake up the juice, open it up and let it steep a bit, and repeat lol. Was thinking of getting things like bavarian cream, sweet cream, vanilla custard, fruit circles, dragon fruit (to make sucker punch) i have played around a lot with the ejuice me up calculator. And been checking the clone juices.

From my own experience and from what I've read on the different forums, open steeping for too long will result in loss of flavor. Shake, leave open until it clears and then repeat that a few times for a day and then close it and put in closet and leave for a week. Open it, shake it, leave open until it clears and then close again and leave for another week or more.

Hi @Calvin305
Its great that you are asking all the questions. I will say that the guys who are answering above have had loads of experience.
Best of luck with your DIY and let us know how it goes. Am keen to hear what you mix up and how you find your first few juices...

As a dessert fan are you into caramel flavours? If so then you have to get their(Vapeowave's) Dulce De Leche concentrate.

My ADV :
12% Dulce(Vapeowave)
5% TFA Bavarian Cream - I Freakin love this stuff
2% TFA Caramel
1% Cocoa(Vapeowave)
1% TFA Sweet Cream

Creamy caramel goodness:)

Yeah, i like to be informed, @zadiac that sounds about right, where do you get your needles for your syringes that you use for your flavours?

Haha that does sound good, is it a burnt or sweet caramel taste?

Haha that does sound good, is it a burnt or sweet caramel taste?

Its a sweet caramel taste. Have to let it air & steep though as its very perfumey at the start. Airing out overnight mellows it out & after a week of closed bottle steeping you're golden.

I'd love a burnt caramel but haven't been able to make it. I do however get a nice burnt caramel taste when my coils are gunking up & almost due for a rewick . Its at this point that I really start enjoying the juice:D

Haha going to try my hand at making the original bunny (suicide bunny clone)

Vanilla Custard - 10%
Cak Batter - 7%
Sweet Cream - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 4%

remember these creamy jooses need to steep for them to reach full potential.
Make a fruit mix man, that is basically shake and vape. In conjunction with this do your dessert mix that can steep while you vape your fuity stuff. My suggestions are:
1) start small (5-10ml) then go big later (30+ml)
2) find a recipe you like and get ingredients for that recipe, trust me here you will start buying unnecessary ingredients if you don't have a plan
3) Fruit mixes are generally shake n vape
4) Creamy stuff requires a bit of steeping time

Like sucker punch?

Bavarian cream - 4.2ml
Dragon fruit - 14%
Vanilla Swirl - 4%

Just put in an order at valleyvapour for erm a good few concentrates as well as PG VG Nic. Going to be my first attempt and have 4 recipes lined up.
Going to be a LOT of fun, just need to get some syringes at the pharmacy to get amounts and sizes right.

Now that we are on the topic of syringes, is it necessary to use it with a needle?? If one has a 2.5ml syringe going in 1ml incriments, i know it can be difficult to source needles without someone thinking you are a druggie

Yeah, i like to be informed, @zadiac that sounds about right, where do you get your needles for your syringes that you use for your flavours?

I don't use needles. I use 1ml, 5ml and 10ml syringes as well as pipettes I got from Sky Blue vaping.

Now that we are on the topic of syringes, is it necessary to use it with a needle?? If one has a 2.5ml syringe going in 1ml incriments, i know it can be difficult to source needles without someone thinking you are a druggie

Or diabetic.

Another alternative is a scale with fine grading. Just note that 1ml is not 1 gram, it varies for PG, VG, flavours etc. Most ejuice calculators have conversions.

Back