NEW VAPERS: Five Tips to Prevent a Smoking Relapse

Just bumping this for the benefit of the newer vapers.
Its a great thread
Although its quite old it still applies

Covid19 and Lockdown 2020 helped me breaking the habit... I just refused to pay R200 for a packet of cigarettes... Long story short, it's the best decision I have ever made to switch to vaping and will not look back!

Covid19 and Lockdown 2020 helped me breaking the habit... I just refused to pay R200 for a packet of cigarettes... Long story short, it's the best decision I have ever made to switch to vaping and will not look back!

Kudos to you @ThreeFoxVapes!

Quite frankly, I think the tobacco ban helped a lot. People who would never have even tried vaping tried it. Although they were pleasantly surprised at how "nice" it is, many chose to pay ridiculous amounts for rubbish cigarettes. However, I'm happy to say that in my town there are now a few people who have continued to vape which is awesome!

My advice to anyone starting out buying a mod kit. Mine came with two coils. I knew nothing about Vaping or the device or what juice to buy.
1. Buy about ten extra coils with the device. (You will most likely wreck a few coils playing with the devices wattage.)
2. Before buying join some Vaping pages on Facebook and this forum. Ask a lot of questions remembering people will answer as to what suits them. Assess their answers for your self and if they offer to sell you a device be aware that they may be trying more for the sale than for you, unless you specifically go into a Vape shop.
3. Shop around for prices. There is a big difference between outlets and some offer free shipping on higher value goods.
4. During lockdown you couldn't, but go in to a vape shop and get advice.
4. Don't be fixated that Tobacco flavoured juices will be best. Choose a few fruits that you like and buy juices with those flavours. If people rave over a juice, remember it is all personal preference.
5. Keep your wattages as low as possible for a nice flavour. For example, my mouth is extremely sensitive and feels sunburnt when I turn my wattage up. Flavour may be better but a sore mouth isn't worth it.
6. I didn't start Vaping to quit smoking. I started as a substitute to quitting and paying black market prices for cigarettes and the new extortion prices for cigarettes. Also the less I spend the less tax the tax man gets. I am using 18mg nicotine E-Juice and don't have any intention of reducing that for now.
6. I haven't had the misfortune to do it yet but don't overdo things. I believe it is pretty lousy for a few hours.
Don't know how many will agree or disagree but it's what I feel.

Last edited:
For me, alcohol was probably the biggest problem I faced when I stopped smoking

Back