New Vaping Journey

Shaun

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

So ive been on the stinkies for + - 10 years on a about half to one pack per day on average. I always swore against ecigs figured it was just another quit smoking alternative bound to fail, it appears i was wrong when a twisp kiosk popped up in our local mall. Not long after a few of my colleagues had made the purchase and as far as i can see have been successful so far. I thought wow that is incredible but could not wrap my brain around the cost of the device plus ejuice is to put it bluntly... ridiculous. I thought it was the only quality option available. So before committing to the purchase ive discovered this forum and have learnt a wealth of info just today alone! So from what ive learnt ive pieced together this setup, and would love to here the seasoned pro's opinions. My setup would be as follows:

• 1x Vision Spinner VV Battery - 1300mAh
  • 1x KangerTech Pro Tank Mini 3 (1.5 ohm) Plus extra 2 ohm dual coil
  • 1x 2 ohm Dual Coils - Pro Tank 3 / Aero Tank / EVOD 2 / Mini 3 - x5 Pack (2 ohm)
  • 1x Fast USB charger cable for eGo /EVOD
  • 1x Wall adapter for USB Cable
  • 1x Carry Case
This totals to R920.00 based on the 1st vendor ive found most reference to so far.

There is also the Vape King Pro starter kit @ R580.00

Similar both with 1300 mAh VV batteries not sure which is superior in this comparison Vision Spinner & eGo Twist. And also my setup has the Pro Tank Mini 3 whereas the Vape King Pro setup comes with the Pro Tank Mini 2.

I dont have the knowledge yet to justify the cost differences, and haven't factored in the cost of liquids yet either. Just like every smoker wanting to transition is the fear of spending more on ejuice and other replacement parts in a month than actual cigarettes.

I need your opinions and advice on this anything ive forgotten, need to add or change up.:cool:

It's looking good, just thought I would mention that Vape King are expecting stock of the Mini ProTank 3 soon, at which point the pro starter will be upgraded to version 3. @Stroodlepuff should be able to give you a better idea of when this will happen.

In the beginning you will most likely be spending quite a bit on gear and liquids. Once you are happy with your gear and have found a few liquids you like, costs start dropping dramatically. Replacement parts are not really that much of a concern with cost unless something actually breaks since coils are relatively inexpensive.

Next on your list should be a backup battery and a second tank. It is definitely worthwhile to be able to switch flavours during the day and to ensure you don't run into an issue where your only battery breaks and it's back to the stinkies.

Both are perfect starter kits!

Bear in mind you need to add the USB Wall adapter (R50) to the Vape King Starter pack.
http://www.vapeking.co.za/accessories/5v-usb-ac-adapter-wall-charger.html

And some spare coils as well so the pricing will be closer.

Try and go for the Mini Protank 3 if you can but the 2 is a very popular tank as well but personally I prefer the 3.

@Stroodlepuff when will you have the upgraded Starter Pack Pro's in stock again?

Definitely sold on the Pro Tank mini 3 also this guy helped the decision a tad hehe ;)??

So i guess ill wait on @Stroodlepuff for an update on the Pro Tank mini 3!

Thanks to @Rex_Bael & @Rob Fisher for your feedback so far!!

Both are perfect starter kits!

Bear in mind you need to add the USB Wall adapter (R50) to the Vape King Starter pack.
http://www.vapeking.co.za/accessories/5v-usb-ac-adapter-wall-charger.html

And some spare coils as well so the pricing will be closer.

Try and go for the Mini Protank 3 if you can but the 2 is a very popular tank as well but personally I prefer the 3.

@Stroodlepuff when will you have the upgraded Starter Pack Pro's in stock again?

Probably in this week :) Will let you guys know

Hi Shaun, welcome to this great forum and a new way of living!
Will have been off the stinkies 5 weeks tomorrow due to some wonderful advice I received here and by reading previous posts. No, I am no expert but have learned my lessons :wasntme:
Bought 2x vision spinners and 2x Protanks for my daily fix and run around hardware. They are good reliable batteries with the extra kick when needed. ;-) One battery lasts me the whole day and paired with the Protanks are not to bulky. Loving the original Protank and Protank 2. Once you move on to larger Mods you may consider the Nautilus.:h: Main point-get two variable batteries please!;)

All the best with your journey @Shaun !

You are on the right track with those starter kit options. They are all good and will do the trick.

May I emphasise getting 2 batteries as when one is charging, the other can be used. Also, 2 tanks, so you have 2 complete set ups. If one has a fault or breaks, you have the other one until you can get it repaired/replaced. That will help you to stay off the stinkies.

Keep enough budget to experiment with juices. I have not had much luck with the eCiggies juices. VapourMountain is excellent and VapeKing also has some nice juices that are well priced. There are more local options coming up all the time. Check out the juice reviews on this forum and try sample quite a wide range if you can.

All the best

All the best with your journey @Shaun !

You are on the right track with those starter kit options. They are all good and will do the trick.

May I emphasise getting 2 batteries as when one is charging, the other can be used. Also, 2 tanks, so you have 2 complete set ups. If one has a fault or breaks, you have the other one until you can get it repaired/replaced. That will help you to stay off the stinkies.

Keep enough budget to experiment with juices. I have not had much luck with the eCiggies juices. VapourMountain is excellent and VapeKing also has some nice juices that are well priced. There are more local options coming up all the time. Check out the juice reviews on this forum and try sample quite a wide range if you can.

All the best

Thanks @Silver i cant wait to transition! im just waiting on Vape King to get the Pro Tank Mini 3's whoever has the best prices can have my money. I really cannot even afford a single setup right now so a second battery and tank will have to wait im afraid... For now im just trying to scrape enough together for my initial investment! Ill be rid of them stinkies soon!

I see vapourmountain & eciggies both have the Pro Tank Mini 3 in stock Im still eager to know what Vape King's Pro kit will cost with the upgraded tank before i peice together my own.

@Stroodlepuff any updates?

I see vapourmountain & eciggies both have the Pro Tank Mini 3 in stock Im still eager to know what Vape King's Pro kit will cost with the upgraded tank before i peice together my own.

@Stroodlepuff any updates?

Hi Shaun

Still waiting for customs to release, they dont normally take this long with dhl so I am not sure what is going on

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi Shaun

Still waiting for customs to release, they dont normally take this long with dhl so I am not sure what is going on

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks! keep me updated. Will the kit maintain the same price? Ive noticed that everywhere the PT2 & PT3 are at the same price?

Hi @Shaun , and welcome.

... I really cannot even afford a single setup right now so a second battery and tank will have to wait im afraid...

If you're really a bit short, I can recommend the eVod VV Twist that I have been using for the past 4 months. It's only 650mAh, but this is sufficient for a full tank in a mPT3, so when it's time to re-fill, it's also time to re-charge.

Mine has been working flawlessly since I bought it, with no apparent degradation in performance. It's also variable voltage so you can adjust the output to your liking - on the mPT3 you need to possibly turn it down a bit, as the standard coils are 1.5 ohms (I use 3.6V for an output of 8.5W)

I have a Spinner too and it is a really good battery - it lasts nearly twice as long, but is both larger and takes longer to re-charge (around 2hrs 15min vs. 1hr 40min). Both have a really nice-to-feel matte/rubber finish.

You do really need two batteries, but if you are going to get by with one, perhaps re-charge time will be more important to you than battery life.

Hi @Shaun , and welcome.

If you're really a bit short, I can recommend the eVod VV Twist that I have been using for the past 4 months. It's only 650mAh, but this is sufficient for a full tank in a mPT3, so when it's time to re-fill, it's also time to re-charge.

Mine has been working flawlessly since I bought it, with no apparent degradation in performance. It's also variable voltage so you can adjust the output to your liking - on the mPT3 you need to possibly turn it down a bit, as the standard coils are 1.5 ohms (I use 3.6V for an output of 8.5W)

I have a Spinner too and it is a really good battery - it lasts nearly twice as long, but is both larger and takes longer to re-charge (around 2hrs 15min vs. 1hr 40min). Both have a really nice-to-feel matte/rubber finish.

You do really need two batteries, but if you are going to get by with one, perhaps re-charge time will be more important to you than battery life.

Thanks for the advice @360twin i am definitely after the longer battery life! i don't mind a + - 2hr wait for a charge i am at a desk most of the day so USB port is easily available for charging. I generally go 2 - 3 hrs in between stinkies anyway! Just until i can get a 2nd battery anyway im pretty sure ill be vaping a lot in the beginning!

@Shaun In that case, go for the Spinner - double the performance for a lot less than double the price. I just thought that if price was an obstacle ... (anything to get off the stinkies!)

Another option for a single battery would be a pass-through device - you can still use it will charging, although charging would then obviously take longer. I have an Innokin itaste VV as well which has this feature, but have not had a good experience with mine. This may be due to how I have used it or I was unlucky to get a dud - others have been more impressed.

Yes it should... Fasttech has an immense amount of crap dotted in between a few gems... shipping seems to take forever!

Reason being, they have the vision spinner V2 1600 mAh but no pro tank 3's

With that said i can get two of everything for less than the price here of 1 in SA... hmmm decisions decisions... i would really like to keep my business to the SA vendors though...

Reason being, they have the vision spinner V2 1600 mAh but no pro tank 3's

With that said i can get two of everything for less than the price here of 1 in SA... hmmm decisions decisions... i would really like to keep my business to the SA vendors though...

Buy it locally... you will get it the next day and they will be originals and not a cheap knock off.

So before i checkout my cart im still unsure as to what strength juice to get ive read alot of reports that the 18mg juices are too harsh on the throat... i know everyone will be different i just dont want to be stuck with bottles of juice that i wont use... any advice further on this subject? ive read a ton but still unsure, i intend on getting 4 10ml bottles to begin should i mix up strengths or should i start at one and then either move up or down?

@Shaun difficult to say, but when I started 24mg was barely enough nicotine for me. As starters I won't go lower than 18mg. The higher nicotine is not harsher but more like a stronger throat hit.

So my final decision is as follows:

2 x KangerTech Pro Tank Mini 3
2 x Vision Spinner 1300mAh VV Battery
2 x eGo / EVOD USB Charger
2 x VM Berry Blaze 10ml 18mg
2 x VM VM4 10ml 18mg
2 x VM Passion Peach 10ml 12mg
2 x VM Polar Mint 10ml 12 mg

I doubled everything, decided to get my girlfriend an early Bday gift and hopefully get her off the stinkies and onto the Vape Train aswell!

If there is anything ive forgotten or any further suggestions please let me know before i commit to this purchase!
And i must thank this awesome community for all the advice and support so far, look forward to a healthier vape filled future!

O M G i cannot wait!!

The only thing I would change is Menthol Ice instead of Polar Mint... but that's because Menthol Ice is my all day and night and all year long vape!

@Shaun, regarding the nic strength, I would not be too worried about 18mg being too harsh. It seems to be very few people that battle with this, @Die Kriek did recently, but got used to it very quickly. It will also be easy to get some 0mg juice and mix that with the 18mg to reduce the nic content if necessary. I would rather stick with the 18mg that can be reduced if necessary than get 12mg and it isn't strong enough.

Back