New Vaping Journey

So i dont know if im doing something wrong, ive been through 3 coils, one is visibly burnt black, i was vaping twisp cafe latte which was donated to me from a friend, thought it was just dirty from that brown liquid even after a wash and a soak coil looked like charcoal haha not sure how it happened i vaped below 3.8v all day...

The one prior, looked slightly burnt not as bad though not sure if it was the flavour i was using or if it was the coil if it was salvageable its not any more lol i had to see how these things are pieced together! keen to rebuild in the near future.

Put in a brand new coil and filled up with VM's passion peach i want to love this flavour it smells delicious but i can hardly taste it at all... so topped off with polar mint just to make it bearable i hate to waste a full tank of juice...

Lastly how the hell does one know what voltage is ok, im always paranoid its too high so keep it dialed down most of the time...

If my memory is correct; turn up voltage in increments until you experience a slight burnt taste and then lower one increment.

much better day vaping to day, Either that particular flavor is just not for me, or my taste buds are going haywire, i topped up with berry blaze, on top of the Passion Peach & Polar Mint which has been super tasty all day long!

Guys, im eperiencing the dreaded leaking/flooding/gurgling on my MPT3 i only have one more spare coil left and don't want to use it yet... Help please!

Hi @Shaun,

I have the same issue every once in a while, most times it's easy enough to solve.

- Remove your coil
- Wipe the excess fluid thoroughly from the coil
- Place a tissue on the bottom end of the coil where the battery contacts
- Gently blow out the excess fluid from the the other side where the metal stalk is
- Make sure that there is no excess fluid inside

Refill your tank and see what happens.

If there are still issues, it could be for a few reasons:

- Your fluid could be too thin and leaks through
- Sometimes if you don't fill the tank enough with thinner fluids (more than half), there isn't enough vacuum to hold the liquid and it leaks
- Your coil could be faulty

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

@Yash

Thanks @Yash

Problem solved before i read your post!

Did exactly as you described above with the same result, so i dumped out what was left cleaned out the tank and coils, refilled and seems to be working now. Im pretty sure it may have been the vacuum as you mentioned above as my liquid was pretty much finished to the point where you cant see anymore in the tank! Didnt think that was the cause as ive been vaping that way from the get go.

So I assume my taste buds are starting to wake up, VM's passion peach that I was really not enjoying at all is turning out to be not so bad at all lot more flavor coming through. I know these liquids should have been steeped as they are made to order. Could that have also played a role in my taste dilemma?

You should let them steep for at least a week. I ordered some Berry Blaze recently and started vaping it immediately, did not enjoy it at all. I went onto vaping other liquids I had. However after a week I went back to the Berry Blaze and the color had changed slightly and the taste was spot on. So rule of thumb for Vapour Mountain fluids, let them steep for at least a week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You should let them steep for at least a week. I ordered some Berry Blaze recently and started vaping it immediately, did not enjoy it at all. I went onto vaping other liquids I had. However after a week I went back to the Berry Blaze and the color had changed slightly and the taste was spot on. So rule of thumb for Vapour Mountain fluids, let them steep for at least a week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, they were my first and only liquids, so steeping was not an option. The berry blaze was super tasty! that's the 1st one I tried and that bottle is now finished, but it kills me now to know that it could have been even better! My girlfriend has the polar mint find I'll find out her opinions on that.

So... Ive been watching vids on rebuilding coils specifically for the mini protanks one thing led to another and now all i want is a mech with RBA... a few hours ago i wasn't even sure what those were exactly... I think i need to cancel my credit card otherwise im going to be in a world of vape debt:D

How cool is this:

So... Ive been watching vids on rebuilding coils specifically for the mini protanks one thing led to another and now all i want is a mech with RBA... a few hours ago i wasn't even sure what those were exactly... I think i need to cancel my credit card otherwise im going to be in a world of vape debt:D

How cool is this:

Have a look see Master @devdev pull that stunt.

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/clapton-coil.1468/

guys please help me with your recommendations on rebuildable atomizers along with a suitable VV/VW mod device electronic i assume to begin with? And please not the MVP or any other square type!

guys please help me with your recommendations on rebuildable atomizers along with a suitable VV/VW mod device electronic i assume to begin with? And please not the MVP or any other square type!

I guess you could use anyone as long as your coil is about 1.8 and up. I think the svd is probably the most popular as it can fire a bit lower than that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The SVD is a good option. It can fire from as low as 0.8 ohms but hitting diminished returns as the device is still limited to 15w. Around 1.2 ohms is a good finishing resistance on the SVD.

Another good option is the Vamo V5 from Vapour Mountain, highly recommended and you can pick up some juice too.

Also a good option is the Smoktech SID from Vapeking. This is also rated highly but I wouldn't recommend as it can only take 18650 batteries. So you're losing out on the opportunity to decrease the size with 18490's and 18350's.

The Sigelei Z-Max is also a very good option but I'm unsure of stock availability at the moment. In my opinion the Sigelei 20W will be overkill at this stage. To me the extra 5 watts doesn't justify the extra R1000. 30w mods are on the horizon.

So what RBA's are you looking at? Tank wise your best option is probably the Kayfun 3.1 clone. It's got a huge fan base on the forum, so help is around every corner. RDA wise you could look at the Igo-L or Trident, kinda hard to go wrong with a dripper, but those two are easy to learn with.

Shoot with questions if you have any.

Thanks so much for the info @Reinvanhardt !! I do like the look of the SVD where do the iTaste 134's fit in to all of this?

I also read somewhere earlier that a RBA should only be used on a mech mod as they will destroy electronic devices if not built correctly. I don't think i am prepared to take that risk.. with that said i really like the look of the Kraken http://www.vapeking.co.za/rba/kraken-rba-clone-by-hcigar.html
Im well aware of the popularity of the Kayfun on this forum! So that would also be one to consider.

Otherwise maybe it would be better to familiarize myself with a VW device with a tank such as the nautilus before going full on mech.

Thanks so much for the info @Reinvanhardt !! I do like the look of the SVD where do the iTaste 134's fit in to all of this?

I also read somewhere earlier that a RBA should only be used on a mech mod as they will destroy electronic devices if not built correctly. I don't think i am prepared to take that risk.. with that said i really like the look of the Kraken http://www.vapeking.co.za/rba/kraken-rba-clone-by-hcigar.html
Im well aware of the popularity of the Kayfun on this forum! So that would also be one to consider.

Otherwise maybe it would be better to familiarize myself with a VW device with a tank such as the nautilus before going full on mech.

The iTaste 134 should only be considered for aesthetics in my opinion as it's huge, hugely expensive, and limited to only 12.5 watts.

These regulated mods like the SVD are designed to shut down (not fire) when a problem with the coil occurs. That's essentially what makes "regulated". If you build your coil too low, it not possible to exceed the amp draw limit. If your coil shorts, the device won't fire either.

So an incorrect coil might put stress unto the device, but that's why the regulation is there. It's a cushion. What a mechanical mod does is bypass that regulation to enable you to actually fire those super low resistance coils. It's safer to run RBA's on regulated mods than on mechs in my opinion. Do you remember where you read statement as I would certainly like to challenge that?

The Kraken is a different beast altogether. It's part of the "Genesis" style tank systems and works on an entirely different wicking principle than other tanks. Have a look at this thread, it's dedicated to these Genesis style tanks.

For sure! The Nautilus or Aerotank are good options. You decide what your looking for and how much you want to improve your vape. Nautilus and Kayfun are leagues apart though.

Last edited:
I agree with @Reinvanhardt, but would recommend using a battery suited for a mech (IMR battery) should you put a RBA on a regulated mod - just an additional safety precaution as electronics do go faulty.

Vape mail incoming!

Delivery Driver Dispatched
Requested delivery before 16:00 on 29 May
Estimated time of delivery is 11:52 on 29 May
Driver is currently 0.69 Km from delivery point.

Now this is what OCD types like me like to see!! Excellent service @VapeKing

Vape mail incoming!

Do tell!

Edit: never mind, just saw your 'Vape mail' post - I assumed that you may have decided on some new hardware :p

Last edited:
Do tell!

Edit: never mind, just saw your 'Vape mail' post - I assumed that you may have decided on some new hardware :p

Haha some new hardware would be fantastic! i have a bunch of stuff loaded in my fasttech cart all my rebuildable supplies, mod, RBA etc just don't have the finances to pull the trigger yet...

I need advice on wick & wire have no clue what to get...

Last edited:
A word of advice to anyone still fresh into the transition to vaping, Avoid social environments at all cost even more so specifically if alcohol is involved! Its just that much easier to pick up a stinkie when you're in that kind of setting.

Secondly if you're writing exams of any sort, make sure you have your device with you before hand with a full battery!

Guess i should reset my signature banner then.. dam lol

Back