Nicotine Beta Testing - Valley Vapour

Oh goodie! Beta-testing time again :banana:

Our nicotine supplier has a new range of budget-friendly nicotine and we’d like 18 peeps from the community to beta test it for us.

We’d like to know what result the less-expensive nicotine (R120.00 for 100 ml 36 mg/ml) has on a recipe you’ve tried, tested and make fairly often.

We’re looking for 9 dibs on testing the PG nic, and 9 dibs on testing the VG nic.

Just a little side note: We’re thinking about stocking this nic as an additional option… not as a replacement of PrimeNic.

If you’re keen to help us beta-test this bad boy and are able to give us your review by Friday 14 July 2017, holler-out in this thread. It makes keeping track of testers that little bit easier.

*PG Nic Dibs*

1. @VapeSnow
2. @SamuraiTheVapor
3. @Create-A-Cloud
4. @DanielSLP
5. @Chukin'Vape
6. @Rude Rudi
7. @Caveman
8. @jl10101
9. @E-Liquids Online

*VG Nic Dibs*

1. @Feliks Karp
2. @boxerulez
3. @Chuckles
4. @Ringtail Vapes
5. @RichJB
6. @GerritVisagie
7. @KZOR
8. @Dietz
9. @RobMcMaster
DIbs VG !

This thread filled up a lot slower than I expected. Diyers must still be sleeping or at work.
Yeah I was covered under a Mountain of work for the past few weeks, Luckily picked this one up

Update so far .......

1) Made an very familiar shake'nvape recipe and had no issues. Flavour stayed the same and no harshness.
2) Subjecting it to a 4 hour temperature steep ....... will know in 30 minutes :)
3) Got three samples prepared with 2, 4 and 6mg nicotine respectively in the different samples. They are undergoing a natural steep for a week.

Thanks @Dinxster for allowing me to be a tester. :)

2) Subjecting it to a 4 hour temperature steep ....... will know in 30 minutes
Test two done and dusted and results are very positive. Temperature has not degraded the nicotine to a point that you get a unfavorable aftertaste.
Still enjoy the juice as it is meant to be. :)
Will know by Friday about the last test.

Wow @KZOR, you're quick.
Only got mine yesterday, will start playing tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

So far so good, none of of that peppery taste often found in "bad" nic, only made two batches so far, but it's smooth, and appears to be mixed at the percentage that it states on the bottle (ie no heat palpitations as I experienced with two bottles of prime nic). I'm vaping at 5 mg, and no harsh throat hit either, depending on the price point this so far is a winner.

I've added to a batch of fresh Funfetti but still need to let it steep for a week. I'll also test at different concentrations in plain base. I might test as high as 12mg.

:silver:

The things we do for science. :D

Final results in. :)
I was using this nic way more than i anticipated. I used this product in all the juices i made since i received it a week ago and vaped through about 400ml and not once did i experience anything suspicious or alarming.
I put it though my normal week steep , shake steep , stir steep as well as heat treated steep and it came up aces each time.

Conclusion:
With confidence i shall give you my stamp of approval on this product since it performs well and is cheaper. :)

I still have juice samples steeping and will let you know if my opinion changes due to longer steeping periods.
Thanks for allowing me to be a tester.

I've also mixed up several batches of my most used recipes, and all of them are spot on.
Haven't found this nic to be any less prime, than Prime nic.
Waiting for my Dad and a couple of mates to come back with their "results".

The votes have been counted and the results are in folks... Dim the lights and here we go!

My test was 2 fold - test the new nic and test the Funfetti substitution suggestions, as I am a pepper positive individual.

I made 2 identical batches of Funfetti = 2 with prime nic and 2 with the new White Label nic.
The one batch was as per the original Funfetti recipe at 3% and 5% nic and the other was with the sub of TFA VBIC with CAP VBIC with 1% additional TFA Vanilla Swirl, also at 3 and 5%.

I cracked these babies open and dove in - I tried my best to find a difference between the prime nic and White label nic batches and am please to report back that there were none... I, like the posters above, picked up zero reasons as to why this should not be included in your next nicotine basket - it performs and delivers on par with the competition and comes in at a better price. To coin a phrase, winner winner, chicken .....

The Funfetti sub experiment also yielded some notable results. In essence, the sub version simply does NOT compare to the original. Although CAP VBIC is an outstanding product, it does not deliver the desired/intended taste profile as intended by Wayne. It is as if there is something missing... It's like having a Cappuccino from Wimpy and a Cappuccino from Starbucks. The Wimpy cappuccino is OK and most people like it - until you taste the more complex and crafted version at Starbucks. The one just has that little something something which completes it and takes it from good to great... The sub version on its own is good and if you have never tasted the original recipe, will be happy with it. The original is the gold standard Starbucks version and that's that - no subbing will ever realize the same results.

In conclusion, the White label nic is a fantastic new player in the market and I will purchase it in place of prime any time.

So here are my results for the PG Nic

First off, thanks to @drew and @Dinxster for allowing us to help out and give our thoughts! I think I have covered a few bases here with my testing, which I will keep short and sweet and to the point:

Mixed up a 3mg batch of my ADV, that I know very well, and is meant to be super super smooth (it's all fruit based).
As a SNV, it was smooth as anything straight out the box. Very happy with this, as with my last batch of Prime-Nic it was harsh, and I would feel a little woozy after a minute or two of chain vaping it. Not the case with this, which makes me think the 36mg label is really what it is in the bottle.

Then, I went and mixed up 3 x new flavours, consisting of bakery, dessert (think sugar cookie and fruit), and then my rendition of strawberry twizzlers. All at 2mg for these guys - for a weeks worth of use in RDA's and RTA's.

As for the results:

• The bakery - super smooth.
• The dessert - super smooth. I always think I get these recipes wrong, but I'm beginning to suspect bad nic of a different brand.
• The twizzlers - Wow! I can vape this stuff! Last batch, I threw out 30ml. Again, turns out to be the nic I was using previously.

In conclusion. I would choose this brand over another. I have stopped trusting the nic I have been purchasing for fear of it wasting concentrates. Almost moved to 0mg to get around this.

My final test, was increasing the strength of a 6mg bottle of 'premium', steeped, international juice that my dad reckons is not strong enough. Bumped it to 12 with this nic and the flavour has stayed the same, smooth, silky one that was right out of the bottle at 6mg.

This nic has virtually no smell, it's not a strange shade of yellow (as another brand sometimes is). It seems fresh, clean, purer.

Basically, I'd buy it!

Final results in. :)
I was using this nic way more than i anticipated. I used this product in all the juices i made since i received it a week ago and vaped through about 400ml and not once did i experience anything suspicious or alarming.
I put it though my normal week steep , shake steep , stir steep as well as heat treated steep and it came up aces each time.

Conclusion:
With confidence i shall give you my stamp of approval on this product since it performs well and is cheaper. :)

I still have juice samples steeping and will let you know if my opinion changes due to longer steeping periods.
Thanks for allowing me to be a tester.
What a brilliant review! Beyond stoked.

Thanks so much for the thorough testing KZOR!

I've also mixed up several batches of my most used recipes, and all of them are spot on.
Haven't found this nic to be any less prime, than Prime nic.
Waiting for my Dad and a couple of mates to come back with their "results".

Sharing is caring! What a cool idea (getting a few other opinions of those close to you).

Glad you've given the VG nic a thumbs up!

Back