Nicotine Supplier

Shako

Vaping Fanatic
LV

Awards
I am trying to find a supplier for ether VG or PG nicotine for me to create my own E-liquids?
I would like to create and resell my own mixes at a better price than whats on the market using the best quality i can find.

Can anyone help me find a supplier?

This is quite a problem for us all.
At the moment we get from Vapour mountain or eciggies. Some also import, but it is quite expensive.
Busy talking to a local supplier.

Spoke to most of the major e cig imports in S.A. and they all struggling so far.

Please if possible keep us updated about a local supplier

Just for the newbies like me, can anyone explain how nicotine juice is made?

Say for example the VG flavourless 36mg juice that one gets locally.

Last edited:

where do u get it locally?

well the stuff we get locally is pure nicotine diluted in VG to a strength of 36mg/ml. the VG is itself thinned down with distilled water so that it isn't so thick like VG normally is.

As I understand it, nicotine is extracted from plant material (many plants other than tobacco contains nicotine) and then dissolved in either PG or VG to various concentrations. PG/VG acts both as carrier and preservative.

well the stuff we get locally is pure nicotine diluted in VG to a strength of 36mg/ml. the VG is itself thinned down with distilled water so that it isn't so thick like VG normally is.
Personally I would thin with PG if required. Think one would only use distilled water if you prefer a 100 % VG juice - just a touch to make the juice more functional. Many people, however, use 100 % VG as is.

You can also extract your own from tobacco - if you google a bit there are people who have done it. Problem is, the tobacco you buy from tobacco stores have already been treated with around 2500 chemicals, so you might as well smoke then :)

Unless you can get some 'organic' tobacco leaves from a farm somewhere, where they haven't used pesticides or other chemicals on it

Thanks for all the feedback and insightful comments.

I find it very interesting what Derick says above about extracting from tobacco. The point he makes that extracting from tobacco bought at a shop may contain lots of chemicals.

So how do we know where the nic comes from in the juices we buy? What if they are also exteacted from similar sources with lots of chemicals and not organic. Then maybe vaping is not really helping us healthwise. I have never seen any reference to where the nic comes from on any ejuice bottle ive got. Or whether its extracted from organic tobacco or chemically treated processed tobacco.

Dont mean to alarm anyone but hopefully someone can put me at peace?

I feel that just the significant improvement in my general health is proof enough that it is better for you! Along with all the studies being done.

Nicotine itself is not the big problem with stinkies - Nic is found in alot of fruits and vegetables which we eat in our daily lives such as tomatoes, eggplant etc. Its the other 4000 chemicals that are cause for alarm! So I wouldnt be too worried about that - nicotine is a chemical yes but in my opinion 3 chemicals (If you are using a VG/PG base) is waaaay better than 4000 even if it is not 100% safe

Hi Stroodle, yes you are right and i have no problem with nic

Its just the way it is produced that i am asking about.

I can not think that any one would extract nicotine from a tobacco ready for smoking - just does not make commercial sense. Nicotine is extracted from the plants and to a purity of 99%+. So, what you get in ejuice is pure nicotine. Like in the nicotine chewing gums. Nicotine extraction is done by big labs like Johnson & Johnson. USP grade nicotine (which vendors use) is 99.8 % pure and contains no preservatives or chemical additives.

Ok thanks, thats what i needed to hear ;-)

Thanks for all the feedback and insightful comments.

Dont mean to alarm anyone but hopefully someone can put me at peace?

I think if you buy a reputable brand, then you are safe. The liqua guys for example use USP (or higher) grade nicotine - meaning it is something like 99.7% pure

Ok thanks Derick. Good to know

Pure nicotine is classed as highly toxic, if not handled correctly even a whiff will kill you, most e-liquid makers buy it already tinned down to below 36mg/l, don't try mixing pure nic' yourself even if you can get your hands on some.

a whiff will not kill you, don't make some poor person crap their pants :)
there was another article here on the forum nicely explaining all the different nic levels and their dangers but i can't find it right now

The LD50 of nicotine is 0.5-1.0 mg/kg for adults and and 0.1 mg/kg for children.

So let's say you weigh 80Kg, you would have to ingest (or inhale) 40 - 80mg of pure nicotine and you would have a 50% chance of it killing you - that is if you can keep the nicotine down, because one of the first symptoms of nicotine poisoning is nausea and vomiting.

So in the case of e-liquid - let's say 1.8% solution - that is 1.8mg per ml, you would have to drink (and keep down) around 40ml - 80 ml - so 4 - 8 10ml bottles for it to have a 50% chance of killing you.

All in all, it sounds to me like you would have to be pretty determined to get poisoned (and killed) by e-liquid.

And I guess if you inhale enough of the pure nicotine vapour (to get up to 80mg into your bloodstream) it could also have the same chances of killing - but I seriously doubt a mere whiff will kill you.

It can also be absorbed into the blood stream with skin contact, but you would have to have lots of pure nicotine on your skin and you would have to leave it there for a long time before it can come close to killing you.

And this is all based on people not having smoked or had contact with nicotine in any way - for a heavy smoker that has built up a tolerance for nicotine, it would take a lot more to kill him.

So yes, it is dangerous, and can kill you, but it's not like you are dealing with plutonium here, some general safety procedures to keep you safe is fine - the same kinda precautions you would take working with ammonia and bleach and various other chemicals in your house that can kill you just as easily.

So we get pure nicotine (well 99.93% pure), but we don't mix it ourselves - not because I think it is too dangerous for me to work with, but because we have kids in the house and I don't want any accidents to happen. Also, I don't want to contaminate the stuff I work with - will definitely not be nice to find a cat hair or whatever floating around in one of your e-liquids :)

Recent evidence shows that the probable lethal limit of nicotine is much higher than originally thought, in the region of 500mg - 1000mg or LD 50 of 6.5 - 13 mg/kg estimated.
Like a lot of numbers in 'modern' science the original figure was guesstimated more than a century ago and never verified thereafter.
See:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00204-013-1127-0??

Whilst 1000mg of nicotine may sound like a high number it amounts to very, very little. If you are lucky enough to source pure nicotine, have it delivered to and cut by a lab like @Derick does, please!

At 1.8mg per ml, a 30ml bottle will contain 54mg or one 1/10th of the bottom lethal level.

A BIG THANKS to the liquid suppliers who put child proof caps on their products. Always better to be safe than sorry.
One question though, my bottles are marked 18mg, does that mean 18mg per 10ml then? Should this not rather be marked 1.8mg/ml or as a percentage so that the nicotine content is clear to everybody?

Back