No support from Sir Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonRSA

Experienced vaper
LV

Awards
I bought a mod from Sir Vape during December. It started acting up 3 weeks later, and I was told to return it for diagnosis. Upon inquiry a week after they received the mod, I was told that it was being checked out by the tech guy.
Since then they (Craig) are not responding to my emails or answering my calls. I get the impression that they are quick to sell an item to you, but if you return a faulty item there is absolutely no interest in helping.
Have any other vapers had a bad experience with this (Diamond) vendor?

I bought a mod from @Sir Vape during December. It started acting up 3 weeks later, and I was told to return it for diagnosis. Upon inquiry a week after they received the mod, I was told that it was being checked out by the tech guy.
Since then they (Craig) are not responding to my emails or answering my calls. I get the impression that they are quick to sell an item to you, but if you return a faulty item there is absolutely no interest in helping.

Last edited:
Ive always recieved good service from Sir Vape and have had a faulty item replaced within 48hrs.

My problem was cosmetic though.
I think when it comes to electronics being a issue it can be more complex as they need to see what was the issue and how could it have been caused so they dont have the same issue on that specific decive happening on other sales.

And also to make sure it was not human error that caused the problem.
And on that , im sure the Sirs are working on your issue and i hope you get sorted soon brother.

I bought a mod from Sir Vape during December. It started acting up 3 weeks later, and I was told to return it for diagnosis. Upon inquiry a week after they received the mod, I was told that it was being checked out by the tech guy.
I remember when someone here wanted to stroll into SV and buy a mech and @BigGuy refused because he did not know ohms law. I reckon you have the wrong impression here bud.

@LeonRSA Craig here please can you let me know what mod it was as we have numerous customers called Leon. And i will get some feedback for you ASAP.

@LeonRSA We have your device back from the technician and will be contacting you shortly.

@LeonRSA For your information device received on the 6th January dropped at Technician on the 8th. Please see exert from our terms and conditions that i did ask you to read before sending it back to us.

"If the item is found to have a manufacturing fault and is within the warranty period the item will be repaired or replaced unless due to user negligence. Please note that as per the Consumer Protection Act Sir Vape is allowed up to 2 weeks to check the device and return it to the purchaser. However every effort will be taken to lessen the time frame as possible."

Regards

BigGuy

Since posting this thread I suddenly received a reply in my email!
Turns out that Sir Vape cannot repair the mod, which begs the question, 'What happened to the manufacturers' 6 month warranty?'
Why can the mod not be replaced under that warranty? IT is a Smok GX350, btw.

I think all he is asking why he is not getting any feedback, not when he can receive the device back.

@LeonRSA For your information device received on the 6th January dropped at Technician on the 8th. Please see exert from our terms and conditions that i did ask you to read before sending it back to us.

"If the item is found to have a manufacturing fault and is within the warranty period the item will be repaired or replaced unless due to user negligence. Please note that as per the Consumer Protection Act Sir Vape is allowed up to 2 weeks to check the device and return it to the purchaser. However every effort will be taken to lessen the time frame as possible."

Regards

BigGuy
Hi @BigGuy , you do realise that tomorrow will be 2 weeks since you mod was delivered to you?

@LeonRSA 100% agree it will be two weeks and as far as i am aware Ettiene has gotten hold of you already.

@LeonRSA as mentioned already in the other thread and is in our terms and conditions which we asked you to read. we are allowed up to two weeks to try to rectify your problem. Unfortunately for you there is liquid inside your mod which has destroyed one of your switches. This in terms of a warranty would fall under "unless due to user negligence" section. The same as if you had dropped your phone into the pool by mistake. Warranty claims do not cover this unfortunately. But we would more than happily refer you to the manufactures for you to take it up with them further.

Regards

BigGuy

Yes @BigGuy , I have been informed by Ettiene that basically I am to blame as I allowed juice to leak into the mod. So no warranty, no repair, I have lost the money I paid for it.

Check this reply from Vape Cartel, @KieranD, when a customer returned a Smok after 2 months:

For most that cannot be repaired, we are replacing, no questions asked as per our warranty agreements with SMOK.

We are expecting a shipment today or tomorrow and all the unrepairable mods will be replaced as soon as we have the shipment

Please drop me a mail - info@vapecartel.co.za

Best Regards

KD

I definitely will be supporting Vape Cartel in future...

@LeonRSA
For most that cannot be repaired, we are replacing, no questions asked as per our warranty agreements with SMOK.

We are expecting a shipment today or tomorrow and all the unrepairable mods will be replaced as soon as we have the shipment

Best Regards

KD

For what reason was this mod returned? No where do you mention this. No business in their right mind would replace a device that has had liquid damage which was caused by the user. They would be out of business tomorrow.

Thank you for your patronage thus far and we are sad to see you go but we wish you all the best for the future.

Regards

BigGuy

Yes @BigGuy , I have been informed by Ettiene that basically I am to blame as I allowed juice to leak into the mod. So no warranty, no repair, I have lost the money I paid for it.

Check this reply from Vape Cartel, @KieranD, when a customer returned a Smok after 2 months:

Best Regards

KD

Three of the mods I have lost this year have been due to juice getting into the internals totalling to just under R3000, that's just the way it is with electronics. I don't think any vendor would survive with a policy of accepting returns no matter the cause.

And not to take anything away from Vape Cartel but it seems that they do specify that they have a special arrangement with Smok regarding warranties in that quote.

Best Regards

KD

You cannot compare Vendor replies, Warranties T and C's. Just saying

"Juice getting into the mod" is the liquid damage excuse vodacom was using to deny cellphone warranty claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya the manufacturers and their warranties are full of shit.

I mean, seal the damn things properly. Obviously with a tank full of liquid is operating on top of the thing.... Maybe, just maybe, you going to get liquid in them.

This is why I still don't spend a fortune on kit - "Easy to get out of warranty".

I know there's nothing you can really do about it, I'm just saying.

Last edited:
Three of the mods I have lost this year have been due to juice getting into the internals totalling to just under R3000, that's just the way it is with electronics. I don't think any vendor would survive with a policy of accepting returns no matter the cause.

And not to take anything away from Vape Cartel but it seems that they do specify that they have a special arrangement with Smok regarding warranties in that quote.

I take good care of my mods. I have a cuboid which was bought 3 years ago, and it is still going strong. I took particular care with the Smok by vaping with the adjustment buttons pointing upwards and away from the tank, as I had read of the problems with that button. Any juice leakage was immediately cleaned as well, so I was aghast to hear that juice was found in that area.
The point is that I do not have lots of money to throw around and replace broken mods. I will attempt to replace the button myself, and hope that the other components on the pcb is still ok...

I know @AndreH was working on a vape insurance thing at one stage which would specifically be for circumstances like this where the manufacturer warranty does not cover the repair or replacement of the item.

I mean, seal the damn things properly. Obviously with a tank full of liquid is operating on top of the thing.... Maybe, just maybe, you going to get liquid in them.

Cannot agree more with this...

"Juice getting into the mod" is the liquid damage excuse vodacom was using to deny cellphone warranty claims.

Knowing Craig and Hugo and all the guys at Sir Vape, I can say with certainty this is not the case!

Took the words right out of my mouth

Moved all the posts from the thread in general discussion to here so we're only running one thread of the topic guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back