No vaping in smoking section

I don't use public smoking or vaping areas. I can't sit in a smoking area anymore and I find the air in vape shops to be offensive too. So I'm happy to vape up a storm at home but to be a non-emitter (as Kyoto as that sounds) in public. Reducing health harms was the major reason why I quit smoking. But a big part as well was to break the grip that nicotine had on my life, my mindset, my mood, my routine and my wallet. Autonomy over my life is a big deal to me, I don't want a drug to control my routine any more than I want another person to control me.

If I eat out at a restaurant, it will probably be four hours tops that I am away from vaping. I can cope with that, due to systematically reducing my nic intake and dependence over time. It's convenient for me because I don't have to agonise over taking enough juice/batteries/gear every time I leave home, I don't need to seek out areas to vape when I'm in public, I don't need to put up with non-smokers giving me dirty looks, nor with smokers asking "wtf is that thing?", nor with vapers asking "hey bro, what you vaping, can I try some of your juice?" Best of all, when I get home hours later, my juices taste fantastic again because I've given my taste buds a good break and reset my palate. So it's a win all round in my view.

The goal of the WHO has been to make nicotine use less visible publicly, to turn nicotine dependence into a private and personal habit. Use nicotine if you like but do it discreetly in your own space. That will outrage some but I'm quite happy to comply with it. It's not a habit that I want to broadcast to the public, and I don't want anybody to be lured into using nicotine because they saw me doing it.

On the one hand, there is the autonomy issue of being told what you may or may not do, which rankles. But that is more than compensated by regaining the freedom to no longer need the drug to the point where I will antagonise others in order to have constant access to it.

So agree with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Over Christmas I went to visit a friend in jhb and she took me out for breakfast.

We took the smoking section at Spur, no issues. Even the waiter told my friend that she needs to switch to vaping. How cool is that? I've been trying to get her off the stinkies but she's quite stubborn, and recently asked me for juice recipes. I'm thinking she might give it a try if I send her an MTL tank and mod.

That's very kind of you, @RainstormZA. Just send her something that is easy for a NEW VAPER to use. Remember how easy it is to smoke - take a ciggie out the packet, flick-of-the-Bic and you're on Cloud 9. The last thing a new vaper wants or needs is to fiddle and faff with a mod, just to get some much-needed nic! Also, it might be helpful for her to start on high nic, otherwise she'll be craving the stinkies!

From my experience on the forum, I've seen that some vapers seemingly forget what it was like when they starting vaping. Shortly after I joined the forum I wanted to upgrade and posted, asking for suggestions. Oh my vape - did peeps really think that, having been vaping for only a week or two, I wanted an RDA / RTA?

Keep it simple ;-)

That's very kind of you, @RainstormZA. Just send her something that is easy for a NEW VAPER to use. Remember how easy it is to smoke - take a ciggie out the packet, flick-of-the-Bic and you're on Cloud 9. The last thing a new vaper wants or needs is to fiddle and faff with a mod, just to get some much-needed nic! Also, it might be helpful for her to start on high nic, otherwise she'll be craving the stinkies!

From my experience on the forum, I've seen that some vapers seemingly forget what it was like when they starting vaping. Shortly after I joined the forum I wanted to upgrade and posted, asking for suggestions. Oh my vape - did peeps really think that, having been vaping for only a week or two, I wanted an RDA / RTA?

Keep it simple ;-)
That is why something like a Twisp Cue is ideal. The pods are easy to replace, Last about as long as a pack and a half of smokes, the pull is very similar to a stinky and the nic level is satisfying to anyone that is used to smoking a lightish cigarette. If you were used to smoking Gunston plain or Gold Vases, then one of the Nic Salts pod systems may be a better option.

Regards

Keep it simple ;-)
Yeah I thought about that. My only issue is where to get the coils from. The orca solo is an MTL, I probably won't like it.

Other than that, she can easily make her own juices because she's in the business of making health stuff. Maybe get someone to sponsor her some tobacco juices as I have moved away from it and tried it not long ago, hated it. Lol.

Yeah I thought about that. My only issue is where to get the coils from. The orca solo is an MTL, I probably won't like it.

Other than that, she can easily make her own juices because she's in the business of making health stuff. Maybe get someone to sponsor her some tobacco juices as I have moved away from it and tried it not long ago, hated it. Lol.
Where in jhb? I've got some tobacco I'm unlikely to open again in a while

@RainstormZA If you don't have something that takes readily-available commercial coils, then rather let her buy a mod that does. You can PIF her something else later on. If she's going to vape high nic then she can't sub-ohm, but I have a few suggestions. Later today I'll start a new thread about it - don't want to derail this one!!

@RainstormZA If you don't have something that takes readily-available commercial coils, then rather let her buy a mod that does. You can PIF her something else later on. If she's going to vape high nic then she can't sub-ohm, but I have a few suggestions. Later today I'll start a new thread about it - don't want to derail this one!!

I actually have a gusto thingy gathering dust, just needs a pod.

@craigb @RainstormZA The Aspire Mini Gusto is one of the things I was going to recommend. It's excellent - only downside is that the pods are a bit expensive. They can be refilled though with nic salts juice, but only two or three times. Still - it's perfect for someone wanting to quit. In fact, it's so perfect that if I had used it before buying mods and juice, I don't think I ever would have done so!!

In Pretoria i havent gotten s*** for vaping in a smoking section before, But i adjust my reg mod to about25-55W compared to the 80-130w i enjoy and because of the low power i Mtl it then it seems to work almost like a cigarette. The second breath one takes deminishes the volume of the fog too so its not overwhelming to other patrons. My cloud chucker turns into a sissy stealth box with a push of a button.

I introduced the Cue to my uncle and he is now 2 months stinkie free. Converted my dad over to the cue this weekend. Gold star for me :D

I have tried the stealth vape thing and everytime I still let out a bit of vapor. I caught myself taking a pull on the cue when we were at the mall the other day cause it was in my hand still. I saw the one guy looked at me and then looked away. One guy walked into Checkers in George on Friday with his vape in his hand and was stealth vaping. So practising stealth is my mission this week :)

My uncle takes his Cue to work and uses it in the offices. He is head of research on heart illneses. Apparently took a draw infront of some big lady boss and he asked her "This is not going to cause problems" and she said "What is? Its healthier" He even sits in restaurants and pulls on the Cue without anybody noticing.

So I will agree with if they dont want us to vape in their establisment then we go stealth. Like a sniper :D

I introduced the Cue to my uncle and he is now 2 months stinkie free. Converted my dad over to the cue this weekend. Gold star for me :D

I have tried the stealth vape thing and everytime I still let out a bit of vapor. I caught myself taking a pull on the cue when we were at the mall the other day cause it was in my hand still. I saw the one guy looked at me and then looked away. One guy walked into Checkers in George on Friday with his vape in his hand and was stealth vaping. So practising stealth is my mission this week :)

My uncle takes his Cue to work and uses it in the offices. He is head of research on heart illneses. Apparently took a draw infront of some big lady boss and he asked her "This is not going to cause problems" and she said "What is? Its healthier" He even sits in restaurants and pulls on the Cue without anybody noticing.

So I will agree with if they dont want us to vape in their establisment then we go stealth. Like a sniper :D
Kudos for those converts @Braki! For stealth vaping - inhale into your lungs and then inhale again (double clutch). Now exhale - very little vapour.

That's amazing @Braki, I haven't been able to convert a single smoker till date, hats off to u !!:clap:

Common decency and etiquette....we are the ambassadors to vaping - let's promote it for all right reasons and not give "the haters" a reason to hate.

Back