Noobie here...

Yellowsub

New Vaper
LV

Awards
hi guys im new to vaping, i got a eleaf 60w tc the other day and it was great but my juice is becoming more and more bland with a bit of a burnt taste even after i use a new coil :( I currently have it at 35watts and 240 degrees... Any help would be amazing

Thank you :) yeah i have... Brand new coil out of the box

Which coils are you using in the eLeaf? Are you vaping MTL or DTL? The burnt taste is most likely the cotton drying up as you inhale, leading to a dry hit. Do you only get the burnt taste on long hits or is it all the time?

Its the Ni200 0.15 ohm, its more like a slight burnt after taste.. Sorry what is MTL or DTL?

@shaunnadan yup its the ni tc coul and i primed it quite a bit...

visually inspect the coil to see if the cotton is charred and perhaps try a lower temp and build upwards.

different juices react to temp differently. lower vg juices dont need that much heat.

Its the Ni200 0.15 ohm, its more like a slight burnt after taste.. Sorry what is MTL or DTL?
Mouth to Lung and Direct to Lung
I see you already tried priming the coil, there is another method posted by another member which uses a syringe to prime the coil with great results.
I'll try find that post if I can but it simply involves sticking the coil in a syringe and filling with some joose. Then use you finger to block the syringe tip and pulll the plunger as though you were trying to suck up some liquid.

Thanks @shaunnadan do you think that might be the reason for the bland flavor? Its cosmic fog kryptonite and unfortunately doesn't state vg

Mouth to Lung and Direct to Lung
I see you already tried priming the coil, there is another method posted by another member which uses a syringe to prime the coil with great results.
I'll try find that post if I can but it simply involves sticking the coil in a syringe and filling with some joose. Then use you finger to block the syringe tip and pulll the plunger as though you were trying to suck up some liquid.

The blujeenz method of coil priming. :)
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ceramic-coils-and-compatible-tanks.t19317/#post-322087

@blujeenz thanks for that :) i will try it out
@shaunnadan ok thanks, sorry im new to this and its quite a steep learning curve. When i tatsed it the flavor was amazing now its just a tad bland

Hi there @Yellowsub , taking a shot here, but could it be the juice? Have you tried another juice?
I am familiar with that flavour and it's generally quite tasteful... was the bottle left open at all?

Either that or perhaps a case of vapors tongue?

I had a friend who got the tongue weeks into vaping ! I really don't know they say black coffee is a good start ....

First remedy for vapors tongue is to drink lost of water.

@CloudmanJHB lol ok ill go chug some black coffee :) but does my set up look fine? My watts were too low and caused some spitting

I don't see anything wrong with the setup, yip with the spitting just increasing the temp slowly till it stops, however this should not impact the flavour to the extent you cannot taste your juice.

Ok a update, the coil looks slightly gunky but the sonrise has 70 vg, which could have something to do with it?
Slight burt aftertaste is still there
And the black coffee and water helped a ton @CloudmanJHB @Jan

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 18
@Yellowsub , I might have missed it, but which tank exactly are you using on the iStick 60 ?

Just remember that cotton's flash point is around 210 °C, so a dry hit at 240 °C could likely scorch the cotton despite using TC. Once it's burned, nothing will sort out that taste except replacing the coil or re-wicking when using an RBA.

I haven't had great success with temp control with the TC60w personally.. I built a .15 single nickle coil on the Lemo 2 and the flavour on the istick wasn't great. The same tank with the same coil kicked ass on my kooper plus. The istick in power mode is fantastic though... why don't you try a kanthal coil?

But... this particular scenario sounds like a case of vapours tounge

Back