Norseman’s Review on the Reaper MTL RDA from Boomstick and Deepinmaker

NorsemanReviews

New Vaper
LV

Awards
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Reaper MTL RDA free of charge directly from HeavenGifts for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

ITq3HuH.jpg

Packaging
This one came in a black square box with the Boomstick logo on top and the name of the RDA underneath it, all printed in a chrome like color. On the backside of the box you will find some specifications and what the box contains.

QVY7HuK.jpg

lXtdQ1b.jpg

The first thing you see when you open it up is an orange paper held together with a small round sticker. When you open that up, you see this tiny little 18 mm RDA sitting there in the middle in a cutout. If you lift the foam up and look underneath, you will find the goodie bag a manual and a QC certificate.

PfqxFqC.jpg

The RDA
This is a really small 18 mm 3-piece RDA made for MTL use and according to the manual it does support both single and dual coil use. It is made in collaboration between Boomstick Engineering and Deepinmaker and designed by Boomstick themselves.

NH1sPbP.jpg

The deck has two posts, one on each side of the deck, and they’ve got raised notches on each side of the post screw to help out keeping the coil legs in place while building. And if you don’t want to use it as a dripper, you can put the squonk pin into it and use it as a squonk atty.

v0mCGgh.jpg

It has a 5 mm deep juice well, which is pretty good when we are talking about such a small RDA. It can hold a fair amount of liquid and cotton. It is actually really easy to both build and wick. As I said initially, it is made for both single and dual coil use, but in all honesty I must say that I only have been using it in single coil mode.

kHhok7X.jpg

The barrel consists of two parts and the top cap has got lines machined into it all around as a design element and on the top there are five holes drilled into it as another design element. It’s got a bottom airflow and it is possible to adjust it from a DTL draw down to a MTL draw. And I must say that the airflow is really smooth with no added noise or anything to it.

The drip tip size on the Reaper is 510 and it is delivered with one made out of Ultem, which also has the lines machined into it. I have tried a few of the 510 drip tips I have and they all fit nicely on it.

WMqh1gx.jpg

The O-rings does work as intended and they hold both the barrel and top cap in place nicely, not too loose and not too tight.

It is also delivered with what people call a beauty ring made out of Ultem and that ring makes the RDA 22 mm wide at the bottom, making it look a bit better on the devices it is used on.

GI4eGZJ.jpg

One thing I was having a tiny issue with, was the fact that you can’t get the airflow directly onto the side of the coil in single coil mode, since the posts are in the way, but since it is such a small chamber in this one it doesn’t really matter that much, since the airflow despite that fact does hit the coil.

Sq3zkeC.jpg

So how does it vape you might wonder… In fact it does work really good and the vape I get out of is really satisfying with good flavor

Assessment
I have had a nice experience with the Reaper. It is easy to build and wick and the flavor is on the good side. The overall quality is also really good and the machining is nicely done.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are looking for a small RDA that has the possibility to be used as both a DTL and MTL device, this might be for you. It does work good, it is well made and it delivers on good flavor. The price is maybe on the high side, but you might find it to be worth it.

Pros
Machining
Both DTL and MTL
Good flavor
Squonk ready
O-rings
Easy to build and wick

Cons
Not hybrid safe

Parameters
Width: 18 mm
Height: 21 mm without drip tip and 28 mm with the drip tip
Black, Blasted Bronze, Stainless Steel, Blasted Stainless Steel

Package includes
1 x Reaper MTL RDA
1 x Squonk pin
2 x Spare post screws
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Small Clapton coil
Spare O-rings
Manual

You will find it here
Reaper MTL RDA for $44.90 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

Last edited:
Back