Not everyones cup of tea but practicality over aesthetics.

Stew

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Just made a few more vape bands. These are nearly the same length of the glass to stop them sliding up or down if they get a bit of vape juice between the glass and tubing. The old ones over a year old had yellowed slightly but you could still see the level clearly. They only covered the bubble exactly so the new ones go past the bubble top and bottom.20231024_194905.jpg20231024_195224.jpg

They must be good, as you haven't broken another glass since using them :)
This iteration looks better than the last / first one too ;-)

They must be good, as you haven't broken another glass since using them :)
This iteration looks better than the last / first one too ;-)
I've never broken a glass ever and I've had quite a few mishaps. I luckily mostly learn from other people's mishaps. ( But not always. LOL.)

Specs of the tube you're using @Stew ?
Would like to get some of that and do the same.
Do they fit bubble glass or just the standard?

Specs of the tube you're using @Stew ?
Would like to get some of that and do the same.
Do they fit bubble glass or just the standard?
Hi @zadiac Their spec is only the id or inside diameter PVC clear tubing. I bought two id's 20mm and 25mm. I battled to find someone who would only sell meter lengths and if anyone thinks its because its cheaper I can guarantee I could have bought a few hundred vape bands for what I paid for the tubing.

Last edited:
These two are full of juice with the new vape bands.
View attachment 278514
I have a suggestion for the edges ... "borrow" your wifes broom, slip one of your "rings" over it, and then nip on over to your neighbor ... yeah... the one with a grinder.
Now hold the broom at 45 degrees to the face of the grinder and rotate the ring on the broomstick, and you should get a very neat edge, now remove the ring, turn it around, and do the other side of your ring ;-)

I have a suggestion for the edges ... "borrow" your wifes broom, slip one of your "rings" over it, and then nip on over to your neighbor ... yeah... the one with a grinder.
Now hold the broom at 45 degrees to the face of the grinder and rotate the ring on the broomstick, and you should get a very neat edge, now remove the ring, turn it around, and do the other side of your ring ;-)
Thanks. I actually tried. I would have make sure its well rounded and have to varnish and polish the wood first. I tried and it scratched the inside of the tubing.

Maybe a manufacturer or importer will one day see my posts and get a bright ideas for clear vape bands.

Thanks. I actually tried. I would have make sure its well rounded and have to varnish and polish the wood first. I tried and it scratched the inside of the tubing.
Ag no man, that's a pity :( ... I would suggest making a mould and using a silicone potting compound, however the best you'd get there would be translucent, not transparent, besides which sanding and varnishing your wife's broom would probably take a lot less effort :think:.

As a sidebar ... (The urge was strong, and ... I was victorious ... I did type "broom" :lipssealed:)

Try slipping a very thin cloth like the disposable wipes before you slip it on a dowel.
Other thing you could try is cutting it on the dowel with a pipe cutter. Not sure if it'll work because of expansion, but worth a try

Back