OBS Crius RTA

Well the issue I am having is that I am using thug juice from Mt Baker and I am mostly getting the menthol flavour coming through and not so much of the rest. Tropical Ice is a winner though just for menthol (thanks for the recommendation btw, just ordered another 2 100ml bottles)

@Ash do you have a SubTank Mini? if you do go buy a gClapton coil (0,3Ω or 0,5Ω) from Brian at Ecig Inn in Toti and try that for a tank vape at around 30 watts! It is a splendid vape of note! I have two such tanks going all the time... one with XXX (Vapour Mountain Menthol Litchi) and one with a diluted with VG/PG Tropical Ice....

Good to know! Luckily I'm used to checking before I start vaping on the tanks anyway so not too much of an issue for me.
Biggest issue is no stock in black at the moment :p

Might need to start looking at drip tips as well.
Hi , I got a black one for sale if you are interested

Tank still going strong, 0 wicking or leaking issues. I forgot the bloody airflow control closed again and fried my ahole at 60w.

Too easy to forget, but here's a top tip if you are as retarded as me: When you close the juice flow, also close up your airflow completely. It acts as a very obvious reminder to check your tank before continuing to wreck your lungs.

When wicking this tank do you block the juice flow holes with cotton or should you just leave the cotton to dip into that section (the place where the wicks would normally go into?

Basically yes. It allows juice to go up the channel but not cause leaking. No dry hits to date.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Still going strong on the Crius. Just a note for me the Aromamizer was too hot for my taste and it made the juices too sweet on the other hand the Crius was just right for me...no scrap that is the best tank so far for me keeps cool and vapes like a champ.

Anyone besides Rob? Come on people I need someone to convince me to not want to buy one ;)

Hey @Flash696, don't know if you went for one or the other... but I honestly think you'll be happy with either one (Aromamizer, Crius or - for that matter - a TFv4). They are all great tanks. People who have tried many tanks tend to favor specific ones - maybe because of build-style, or vape-style, or initial experience, or looks, or feel or whatever.

In terms of the Aromamizer and the Crius, I've heard totally conflicting stories on how each one vapes. For instance:

Still going strong on the Crius. Just a note for me the Aromamizer was too hot for my taste and it made the juices too sweet on the other hand the Crius was just right for me...no scrap that is the best tank so far for me keeps cool and vapes like a champ.

Yup. I've had the exact opposite experience - the Crius is a bit too hot for me while the Aromamizer is smoooooth... which means we build differently, vape differently and favour different types of juices. No big deal!

That means most likely that whichever one you pick up you'll end up happy. However...

Reading between the lines, more people have trouble with the Aromamizer (for whatever reason) than with the Crius... even though more or less the same number of people adore each tank specifically. Which means, most likely, the Crius is a "safer" bet - it will be less likely that you have a major problem with it than with the Aromamizer. In addition, the Crius is a little bit more forgiving than the Aromamizer, because of the juice-control. Under/overwick/overfill the Aromamizer, or forget it in your car, and it will leak... and the Aromamizer favours vertical builds which are a little bit more tricky than horizontal builds (but both tanks can do all sorts of crazy builds). Lastly, the Crius, with bottom airflow, is more similar to most other RBA decks - so wherever you are coming from, most likely the Crius will feel natural.

But again - they both are great. I prefer the Aromamizer - but only by a small notch. In fact, despite a bad first experience, the Crius is slightly growing on me. It might just be because my Aromamizer (and my DNA... ) has been locked behind protesting workers since Tuesday and I had to use Crius + iJust2 for three days running... ;(

Hey Rob, How is this tank compared now to the Bellus? For me, I still find that I am getting the best flavour out of my Kayfun v4 to be honest, especially with the tropical ice. Looking at trying to get something that will give me good flavour and not worried about clouds.

Hi @Ash

I have the Crius. And I love my menthol fruit vapes.
The flavour is very good for these in the Crius but i find its not as crisp and "sharp" as in my Lemo1.
I also dont like a warm vape for these juices and i think the Crius prefers more air and power and a bit more of a warmer vape. It produces lots of vapour! This is my view, not sure how others feel.

I dont have the Kayfun4 but I do believe that the Kayfuns are a similar type of vape to the Lemo1. So basically, what I am saying is that if you are looking for a sharpish crisp flavour, I would imagine the K4 will be better than the Crius for you.

Apologies if this has been covered, does anyone know what material the stock coils that are included with the crius are made of?

Apologies if this has been covered, does anyone know what material the stock coils that are included with the crius are made of?

Hi @method1 - there were no stock coils included with my Crius and as far as i know there arent any
I believe its just a rebuildable - but who knows I may be wrong

Ah, the wire supplied
Sorry, dont know

Hi @method1 - there were no stock coils included with my Crius and as far as i know there arent any
I also thought it was a strange question at first, but I assumed that @method1 is referring to the pre-rolled coils in the spares baggie?

Edit: Sorry - just saw the posts above after posting

According to their webpage it's "USA made Kanthal-Wire": http://www.obsnsmoke.com/pro_details.asp?ID=174

Looks like 26 AWG to me and the resistance comes out about right for that
View attachment 43239

I saw that, but when I primed the coils they turned blue (luckily I was on fairly low watts at the time) - so I thought It may be TI - they're not behaving like Kanthal, pretty odd :p

There are some coils supplied as well as a small roll of wire.

I saw that, but when I primed the coils they turned blue (luckily I was on fairly low watts at the time) - so I thought It may be TI - they're not behaving like Kanthal, pretty odd :p

Mine did the same (turning slightly blue) which I found weird and slightly worrying. The resistance (since rebuilt a few times, so I can't remember exactly) came out to about .33 - .36 ohms on the dual coil though, which I thought was way too high for TI with such few wraps. I have used the included wire and that's definitely giving me the resistance of 26 g Kanthal and not turning blue

Cool - I'm gonna chuck these coils then, they shouldn't be turning blue!

Got my v3 two days ago and finally built it, 26g at 0.35ohm and I'm loving it. First time i had a silver in months. Think I'm going to buy another one.

Sent from my G3 using my finger

Still not comfortable not knowing what it actually is though ;-)
Same here, i read that it was kanthal, but when it turned blue i thought to myself, that's never happened before, let's rather make some fresh coils

Sent from my G3 using my finger

my UD kanthal turns blue when dry burned for the first time so nothing to worry about, even if there is its still safer then smoking a stinky right ? my 2c anyway

Back