Ohmsmium - HIGH RES

TheV

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
kjSwgac.jpg

I started getting this message yesterday.
A battery pull helped but the message soon came back.
I've taken the front panel off to try and get to the 510 assembly as I think there might be some juice that got in there but no real luck.

I've tried different batteries and attys just in case but the problem persist.

Does anyone have some suggestions for me?

kjSwgac.jpg

I started getting this message yesterday.
A battery pull helped but the message soon came back.
I've taken the front panel off to try and get to the 510 assembly as I think there might be some juice that got in there but no real luck.

I've tried different batteries and attys just in case but the problem persist.

Does anyone have some suggestions for me?
Coil resistance to high?

I'm vaping between 0.6 and 1.0 ohm so that is well withing the spec:
Resistance range (Power & TC modes): 0.08Ω-3.0Ω
Seen on dna mods if the battery/chip can not supply the voltage required to fire at set wattage this message comes up. Max wats can only be achieved in a narrow resistance band. I'm just guessing.

Could be a loose connection internally, does the message stay if you move the mod around rapidly ?

Seen on dna mods if the battery/chip can not supply the voltage required to fire at set wattage this message comes up. Max wats can only be achieved in a narrow resistance band. I'm just guessing.
I'm vaping at ~20W. This configuration of resistance and wattage does work fine on my other single 18650 mods. Unfortunately things are currently pointing to device troubles :(

Could be a loose connection internally, does the message stay if you move the mod around rapidly ?
Shaking and some light tapping didn't produce different results. Still the same message and no firing.

I'm vaping at ~20W. This configuration of resistance and wattage does work fine on my other single 18650 mods. Unfortunately things are currently pointing to device troubles :(

Eish... if it’s out of warranty, guess tear down is in order ..

Eish... if it’s out of warranty, guess tear down is in order ..
This one is definitely out of warranty. I've taken the front panel off and pulled the board out slightly but that is about as far as I can get with this one on my own.

If I am not mistaken, VK uses a guy for mod repairs... Atomix also sends mods out to someone

Could be worth a shot

Ahhhh man!!! Good luck!!! I hope you can get it resolved!

@TheV If you don't come right send it to me for look.
If you want to replace the board then buy a new one and I'll gladly fit it for you.

Just a quick copy paste from another thread:
I usually got about 10 minutes out of the device before the error popped up.
Tonight I popped on the Vapor Giant (with a much lower build than usual... 0.3 instead of 0.8+) ... and touch (stab)wood, but it has been going strong.
I'll use it for the rest of the evening as is. I'll switch over to a higher res atty at some point and test again.
As long as it can drive the Vapor Giant without flipping out I will be over the moon. I don't plan on taking that tank off anytime soon!

So unfortunately I don't have any news on a cause or a fix ... but it is working for now!

if its working with another tank then check the tank on another device.or remove the tank and check the device resistance replace the tank and check again.if its internal on the device then take Christos on his offer if its the tank then its not that bad.also check the resistance on the tank when removed.

if its working with another tank then check the tank on another device.or remove the tank and check the device resistance replace the tank and check again.if its internal on the device then take Christos on his offer if its the tank then its not that bad.also check the resistance on the tank when removed.
Thanks for the response. It is definitely not tank related, rather resistance related.
Christos has a look at it and it seems to be an issue with the board and I'm not alone.
It bugs out with high resistance builds (but it doesn't happen with all boards).
If I can source a replacement board it might solve the problem but I can't be guaranteed that it won't experience the same problem down the line.
It is easily remedied by just twisting the battery cap to hard reset the device... it will then function without the error for a while again.
Either that, or just build for a lower resistance.
I don't think its worth the effort to address.
I think the easiest "fix" is for me to run my 0.6ohm Entheon the Ohmsmium and the 0.85ohm Vapor Giant on the Epetite.

And a BIG thank you to @Christos for taking the time to look at the device and feed the wood a bit. It is very much appreciated! You are an absolute legend :D

ahh thats part of the safety feature...another option is to run a cap on your conductors feeding the coil. it may smooth out the voltage surge.
I also had issues with my device recently and took of the octocoupler ic now I run it straight hot wired till I can find a new device that will work for me.
anyway hope you find a fix that last at least for a while. ask Christos if that might work

Back