Old post

Buan Stanley

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all

I know this is an old topic just can't find it.

I'm flying to Durban next weekend to look after my dad after his bypasses and I wanna know, what the rules with flying with mods, batteries, just etc. taking into account I'm only flying with my mechs

Take me to the clouds

Hey @Buan Stanley
I've flown 5-6 times in the last month between JHB, CPT and Zimbabwe.

Never got asked or bothered about my juices or devices.
However you are supposed to declare batteries as far as I am aware.
(Even states it on the back of plane tickets)

Not to mention I managed to stealth vape each flight,
only being caught at the landing of the last flight and being told that E-Cigs are not allowed to be used on the plane. ;-)

P.S. BIG NOTE TO MENTION: Depending on what tank you have;
The altitude change on flight can/will cause your tank to pee juice out any possible hole!!
(My eLeaf Lemo emptied everything but a few small drops)

All that said: You can get away with it, but if caught and you haven't declared security will confiscate anything.
Also due to the nature of vaping goods, make sure it's all in your carry on
(as they will open your check-in luggage if they see it on a scan etc.)

Mostly personal experience here, but I hope it is of some help to you and please do double check flight regulations to be 100% sure.

I'm probs taking it all as carry on

And only flying with mechs and drippers

Take me to the clouds

I think domestic is not such a big problem, it's when you go overseas that they might be a little more cautious :)

I have just flown almost around the whole world... Durban, JHB, Hong Kong, LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas, LA, Seattle, Alaska, Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Hong Kong, JHB and back to Durbs. Only once did I have brief request to look in my man bag that had two REO's and a CC Customs Squonker in it and the second they saw the REO they were happy. I flew with around 10 x 18650 batteries and three squonkers and a Sigelei 75 in my hand luggage and around 400ml of juice (all in 100ml bottles or smaller) and my tools in my hand in luggage and had no issues.

Back