Ordering through Fasstech.

BluePengu

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everyone.

I'm interested in ordering samsung 25R batteries from Fasttech.

Is there anything I should be aware of when purchasing them?
Will I be subject to paying import duty and is there a possibility of the package not being allowed into the country?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

I wouldn't buy batteries from Fasttech based on the quality of some of the crap I have bought from them. You are better off getting them from GearBest if you are dead set on buying batteries from China. Personally I buy my batteries from local Vendors I trust. Batteries is the one thing you don't want to take a chance on.

I've bought 25Rs from FT, they're legit but be prepared to wait. Shipping from FT usually takes very long but batteries need to be shipped on an actual ship so takes even longer. Also, if you are going to order then you need to order them this Sunday as they will be 10 or 15% off ;)

@BumbleBee. Haha will definitely reserve my order for then. How long did you have to wait for the batteries and did you pay any sort of import duty?

@BumbleBee. Haha will definitely reserve my order for then. How long did you have to wait for the batteries and did you pay any sort of import duty?

That was last year sometime but if I remember correctly it took about 80 days to reach my post office, fees came to around R60. Buying locally is definitely quicker.

That was last year sometime but if I remember correctly it took about 80 days to reach my post office, fees came to around R60. Buying locally is definitely quicker.

Wow, that's really long but with all the fakes lurking around I guess it's better to get locally now. But if I do order at least now I know how long it will take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked, shipping batteries to SA is no longer allowed from Fasttech (no shipping options available). Previously, batteries had to be routed through Sweden or Netherlands hence the long wait.

Stick to local for battery purchases, otherwise Gearbest.

So it went round the world in 80 days? :p

@Cespian. Yeah I checked now as well and indeed all shipping options are grayed out

Yeah, I suppose its for the best though considering fakes currently on the market.

I am however going to test GearBest again soon. Will need to replenish my drill bit collection in the next few months so will order it from there and chuck in a few batteries to test the waters.

Yeah, I suppose its for the best though considering fakes currently on the market.

I am however going to test GearBest again soon. Will need to replenish my drill bit collection in the next few months so will order it from there and chuck in a few batteries to test the waters.

Just as a heads up, I ordered LG's from Gearbest to test in a regulated, the AMP draw and design of them seemed to point to a authentic set of 4 batteries.

I would however not do it again, 60 days later they arrived, so unless you buying a device along with the order that the batteries are intended for its pretty much a endless wait. Much easier to get locally and if you have any issues with them its a day's wait on replacements so win win.

Just as a heads up, I ordered LG's from Gearbest to test in a regulated, the AMP draw and design of them seemed to point to a authentic set of 4 batteries.

I would however not do it again, 60 days later they arrived, so unless you buying a device along with the order that the batteries are intended for its pretty much a endless wait. Much easier to get locally and if you have any issues with them its a day's wait on replacements so win win.

Thanks for the headsup bud. I have enough batteries and generally do order things locally. Buying out of curiosity rather than necessity... in fact, I ordered already :D in a cart with the intended drill bits, lipo power board for the raspberry pi and a butt load of crimp butt terminals, so nothing urgent.

Thanks for the headsup bud. I have enough batteries and generally do order things locally. Buying out of curiosity rather than necessity... in fact, I ordered already :D in a cart with the intended drill bits, lipo power board for the raspberry pi and a butt load of crimp butt terminals, so nothing urgent.
Hi Cespian... out of interest sake, have you received the batteries you ordered?

Batteries over fastech are expensive.

I know a vendor selling VTC4S at 150.00.
Buying thsee month end

Hi Cespian... out of interest sake, have you received the batteries you ordered?

Hey bud. I havent received them yet. They are apparently in SA but not even processed/scanned by customs yet. Tracking information on it thus far (most recent tracks only... couldnt fit all on one print screen):

Screenshot_2016-06-24-14-01-26.png

Nothing urgent for me. As mentioned, just purchasing out of curiosity... so not too worried. Will wait it out. Been 27 days since ordering.

Hey bud. I havent received them yet. They are apparently in SA but not even processed/scanned by customs yet. Tracking information on it thus far (most recent tracks only... couldnt fit all on one print screen):

View attachment 58788

Nothing urgent for me. As mentioned, just purchasing out of curiosity... so not too worried. Will wait it out. Been 27 days since ordering.

You need to call SAPO and ask them to convert your tracking number to a local one then you can start tracking it locally :)

Use 17Track app there is no need to get a local tracking number up until you need to collect it. The international is cross linked in the system.

You need to call SAPO and ask them to convert your tracking number to a local one then you can start tracking it locally :)

What @Soprono said lol.

I generally acquire local tracking numbers once it hits CPT as its easier using the local number when collecting from the post office. If i collect from customs, I dont even bother requesting the local number. I ship too many things from various countries to know when to waste energy or not lol. This parcel wasnt scanned in SA so they would not even have a local tracking yet. Best way to deal with it is to forget about it.

Its been 70 days since ordering... I have now been refunded by Gearbest for a "missing parcel". Contacted Customs JHB and they confirm that they have not scanned nor processed the package and my assumption is that it was binned. I done some research on the matter and basically what almost every site suggested was that the batteries need to be packaged in a specific way, labeled as dangerous goods and you need to get some approval letter from the SABS in some cases. Your best bet is to use a Clearing Agent or a reputable shipping company (such as Fedex or DHL) should you be adament about importing batteries. It appears to be a hit and miss though because I have recently (a few months ago) successfully brought in LiPo and Li-Ion batteries for Ardiuno and Raspberry projects through customs and the post office, hence stick with local distributers to save yourself the trouble/possibility of your goods being confiscated.

Ok, I'm done being a Guinea Pig lol. At least I didnt lose out (GearBest's service is amazing BTW - refunded without hesitation) although I wasnt counting on getting my money back. Hope this promotes purchasing local and helps unveil that the massive price difference is there for a reason.

I ordered batteries through Fasttech about 2 months back and no issues. When attempting again they did not allow it though any of their parcel carries for me to ship batteries here again. Could have been a recent change.

Furthermore I'm sitting on about 12 packages from the 3 main ones 3F, Fasttech and Gearbest and not one hesitation at all thus far touchwood.

Gearbest informed me yesterday they dont send batteries or power banks to SA anymore

I just got slip from customs stating I need to pay them R470 for some clones and 15ft of clapton wire pffft.actual value was R200 bucks I think.

I just got slip from customs stating I need to pay them R470 for some clones and 15ft of clapton wire pffft.actual value was R200 bucks I think.

Take your invoice with and ask them to recalculate. Also, if you paid for shipping, they cannot tax you on it. Ask them what tarrif they used and do a search to make sure its correct. I've never paid anything above the standard 14% tax for all vape gear I've imported. One time they did classify my items as watches and bourned a 20% surcharge, but managed to get it resolved (just make sure you dont speak to the overweight dude at Cape Mail that usually sits at the middle PC because he is an ass most times).

Back