Ordering through Fasstech.

The package is at my local P.O, they will have to send it back to customs I suppose.

Fastech is good...problem is on our side with the darned post office...try phoning JIMC - they never answer
I have a contact which I emailed about my international parcel and this person helped keep me informed about my process
After fastech said it was shipped.
Before that don't waste your time checking.

Maud.Ngalo@postoffice.co.za
Send him your iteration al tracking number
N ask nicely

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I have a contact which I emailed about my international parcel and this person helped keep me informed about my process
After fastech said it was shipped.
Before that don't waste your time checking.

Maud.Ngalo@postoffice.co.za
Send him your iteration al tracking number
N ask nicely

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
thx...my parcels are in sa based on 17track and now i need local tracking info

thx...my parcels are in sa based on 17track and now i need local tracking info

You can keep the int if you like however I know there is a online site that converts it automatically. Not familiar with the URL, but it was posted on some shipping thread not so long ago.

Phoning is useless, unless you know someone that works at EMS.

SAPO / EMS tracking service is http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/

If you are using the free delivery service, you will not see this tracking information until SAPO have to arriving in RSA.

DHL postage, gives you tracking information from origin

Soon as you see the parcel as "held by customs" you can collect at the JHB International mail centre.

It takes them at least a week to clear, so don't worry if you a day or 2 later than the notification. Most of the time, they have no idea what clearing code to use. Tell them it is Outdoor Equipment or Toys.

Unfortunately there is no other way of communicating with these guys other than visiting the actual mail centre - https://www.emssouthafrica.co.za/ContactUs/johannesburg.html

I collect all my FT items like this, as the process of getting from JHB International to my Randburg Post office can take anywhere between 2 to 10 weeks, depending on who is on strike etc.

View attachment 56118

Found it.

You can keep the int if you like however I know there is a online site that converts it automatically. Not familiar with the URL, but it was posted on some shipping thread not so long ago.
thanks...i tried that this morning but i think all post office sites are down..even a ping came back with 100% packet loss. even 17 track app came back with an error

I finally had a chance to go to po the other day, submitted my invoice and letter.The package is now at customs again,anyway I checked the lil slip they gave me before I sent it back.sars valued the item at R2888 and used dollar conversion instead of Hong Kong dollar.

I finally had a chance to go to po the other day, submitted my invoice and letter.The package is now at customs again,anyway I checked the lil slip they gave me before I sent it back.sars valued the item at R2888 and used dollar conversion instead of Hong Kong dollar.

did they ask for an invoice? i just had 2 parcels and they cleared without invoice.

No,i asked sapo to send it back to customs to do a new assessment.

shot..now i know to do if i have a problem

I have gone to JIMC twice now to collect parcels from Gearbest as they no longer seem to ship it to my local PO (or at least not anytime soon).
I find them a lot more helpful at JIMC as well compared to my local PO, however they are rather busy... I helps to email in advance and ask them to put the parcels to the side to avoid longer waits while there as it can take time for the people to find your parcel in their warehouse.

I gave a bank statement and just wrote a letter.That was it
With Gearbest they provide you with an invoice with the items listed at a cheaper price - perhaps even their cost price, like my Limitless RDTA Plus was valued at $9.59 as opposed to the $29 I paid for it or whatever it was... I quite like that.

Good to know that you can ask for them to re-assess the parcel should something seem off with the custom duties.

The value of the package is on the package.The value indicated is in Hong-Kong dollars and the official calculated it in us dollars hence it being R2888 instead of R300.Hopefully it gets back to me in another month kwaaa

Back