Original or fake

Faiyaz Cheulkar

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
bought a packet of CB v2 from china mall for R20 and to compare a packet from a reputed vendor. Both are absolutely identical and impossible to which tell the original from the knock off.

The top one is the original, I marked it with permanent marker so that they dont get mixed up. the only difference I could see was the small "r" at the right hand side
IMG_20180926_225351.jpg

IMG_20180926_225330.jpg

Last edited:
In all honesty ive used both the one from china mall and the one from my local vape shop.

In practice you cant see the difference you csnt smell the difference you cant feel the difference and you most certainly cant taste the difference. Both wick exactly the same and vape exactly the same.

So that begs the question.... is there actually any difference? Or is the reputable vape shop buying knock off products and selling then for free

Most likely the answer is no for both

In all honesty the only difference i think there is is that it is the same with most things china mall sells. Its yhe real deal just bought in massive quantities and sold at really cheap prices as they dont have as high running costs as other shops do.

Not saying everything they sell is of quality

PS: the one i bought from China Mall also has the 'r' logo so i doubt its that

Mine has a lemon scented scratch and sniff security thingy? (Not really lemon scented btw... :rolleyes::p )

Made in USA and QR Code is also swapped around on mine. Mine also has TM on the front and not R

Hope the vendor isn't selling fakes...

b8218c2db8fc38a49412210d8cbc907c.jpg
26f96a967a2c7106516f8150087c4aba.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

mine doesn't have a authenticity code at all for me to check, I dont know what to do now, may be just PM the vendor and see what he has to say.

Interesting, all 3 my packets look like your first post. And all have been bought from reputable vendors.

I think the scratch to auth thing may only be on newer packages.

bought a packet of CB v2 from china mall for R20 and to compare a packet from a reputed vendor. Both are absolutely identical and impossible to which tell the original from the knock off.

The top one is the original, I marked it with permanent marker so that they dont get mixed up. the only difference I could see was the small "r" at the right hand side
View attachment 146528

View attachment 146529
Look at the image of the cotton in a wick. Looks different, does it?

My 1st pack of cotton bacon had the scratch auth code, and that was bought last december. Then at another reputable vendor they had packs without the scratch auth code a couple months ago when i bought more

Not that I noticed, but I've moved over to titanium fibre cotton

Recently bought my first pack of Ti Cotton but havnt used it in any of my drippers yet just in a Triple RTA which i purchased that same day

Back